Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up WELCOME to TFC! Robert Earnshaw!

Now, we have a new player that has joined TFC. . . this SURELY deserves its own thread so the RPB peeps can talk about hi without any clutter.
    Maybe we can sign CRAIG BELLAMY NEXT!

Robert Earnshaw has joined MLS side Toronto FC

Robert Earnshaw has confirmed that he has left Cardiff City and signed for MLS outfit Toronto FC.
    The Wales international has struggled for game time at the Bluebirds in recent times.
    He was allowed to take in a loan spell at Israeli side Maccabi Tel Aviv towards the end of 2013, but returned to Cardiff in the New Year.
    Earnshaw has now seen a second spell with the Championship leaders come to an end.
    He began his career with Cardiff and returned to South Wales in July 2011 after Nottingham Forest allowed his contract to run down.

Now 31 years of age, he will be continuing his career in Canada.

Earnshaw posted on his Twitter account: "Breaking news: I have now signed and officially a @Torontofc player. Season starts this Saturday. Now on the plane flying to Vancouver for the opening game.

"I want to thank my home town club Cardiff City, I had the best fun playing in front of those Fans from the age of 16 until now.

"I leave with a heavy heart from Cardiff city. I hope we created memories and I tried to give everything I had when I played. I will remember the journey that we went through."
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's got a good, strong sounding name. Good signing based on that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    LOL. If it were Robert 'Earn' Shaw, I'd say we're going to need a bigger boat.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

along with laurent robert, he too played for derby county when they went on to be the worst team ever to play in the EPL. yup he was amazing for derby. our most expensive singing ever and got us what? A goal i believe in 22 apperances? that's barrett level there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a couple games with him and I'm pretty happy with this signing. I'm sure i'll regret this post in 2 months. sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's fine we need more old players anyways

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    along with laurent robert, he too played for derby county when they went on to be the worst team ever to play in the EPL. yup he was amazing for derby. our most expensive singing ever and got us what? A goal i believe in 22 apperances? that's barrett level there.
    You're obviously kidding, as Barrett had 21 goals in 78 appearances, and stands as our second highest scorer ever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It just felt like he took 22 games to score.......or was that Cunningham?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw never really made the leap to the premiership. BUT - he's a very good Championship level striker, and scores a lot. I would judge him on the Championship more than the premier, personally. I would say he's generally had a better career than Dichio (scored almost double that of Dichio in his career), so I'm pretty happy with this signing. He's got a couple of year left in him at 31 too. I can see him scoring 10 goals or so this season in the MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im guessing hes coming in at a normal wage, not DP, correct? And is this a signing or another loan?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw has been a very prolific scorer at every level throughout his career other than the Premiership. At 31, I think he has enough left in the tank to make an impact in MLS. He will fill a glaring void up front on our roster.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking forward to those front flips! Hopefully we'll see more than a few of them. Here's a funny intro to an interview with him on Soccer AM:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    Post of the month right here!!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess you didn't follow the PL back then, because seriously Van Persie could have played for them that year and not scored, they were terrible, as bad as I have ever seen in the PL-so don't hold that against him. Yes he wasn't great that year and although he scored some for WBA in PL, he wasn't up to that level. I haven't seen him play in a few yrs, in his prime he would have been a decent player here, my only concern is how much pace has he got left, how fit is he and what desire has he got left in him. Hard to call this one, he is a decent finisher, hopefully he does well for us.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he wasn't doing that good in nottingham either. if it was him (postitive it was), he's been sent off for violent conduct in the past that was rather petty. could be mixing him up with someone else from that game two years ago.
    also not denying that no body could score for derby. we were just plain terrible, and well have been ever since. at least will hughes is a up and comer. yes i do follow derby for the record.
    Last edited by Yeoman; 02-28-2013 at 11:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

guess we've got a celebration specialize here, looking forward to see him on Saturday!!!!

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given TFC's past record with injuries they can use all of the squad depth they can get.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Earnshaw never really made the leap to the premiership. BUT - he's a very good Championship level striker, and scores a lot. I would judge him on the Championship more than the premier, personally. I would say he's generally had a better career than Dichio (scored almost double that of Dichio in his career), so I'm pretty happy with this signing. He's got a couple of year left in him at 31 too. I can see him scoring 10 goals or so this season in the MLS.
    This kid. . or ANYONE can put 10 in the onion bag for this team should be given the order of Canada.

(center of the universe plug)

Ps. Budwesier sucks ass.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to seeing all the goal celebrations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited about the signing. anytime you get someone in who has a proven track record it's a positive. Based on his age, he's still got a few years left in him. It's too bad this late and he won't play on saturday or so i assume. Actually can someone tell me we're always rounding out the roster right up until the last possible minute and in many cases after the season has already started? Is thins common place with MLS teams or is it just us? because it sure seems like we do this every flippin' year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    I'm excited about the signing. anytime you get someone in who has a proven track record it's a positive. Based on his age, he's still got a few years left in him. It's too bad this late and he won't play on saturday or so i assume. Actually can someone tell me we're always rounding out the roster right up until the last possible minute and in many cases after the season has already started? Is thins common place with MLS teams or is it just us? because it sure seems like we do this every flippin' year.
    Many MLS teams sign players right up to the last minute. The difference with TFC is the lack of a solid stable core.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Earnshaw is tweeting he'll be in Vanny. While that's no guarantee he'll play, looking at our options I wouldn't be surprised to see him get minutes.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to see this guy celebrate in front of the South end on a regular basis!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw on twitter he's bagged himself the #10 kit as well. Hopefully he lives up to it.

edit:

"@JohnMolinaro: #TFC official just told me Earnshaw is not a loan signing, but a permanent deal. And he is not a DP."

That's interesting.
    Last edited by notthesun; 03-01-2013 at 12:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people need to realize the gravity of this signing.

Been following him for over 6 years now, was a big fan due to his quickness and sneakiness (positioned himself well to start counters, made for some fantastic goals). His finish is what I love the most. He reminds me of what Bennett can become if he gets a scoring touch like the Koev. Low centre of gravity, still nimble (I give him at least 2 more years until his physique drops off. His pace has not struggled much while Ive watched him). I just hope he avoids injuries. Those plastic pitches in Seattle and NE can destroy his kneecap if he makes a quick run and gets crushed by a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    I think people need to realize the gravity of this signing.

Been following him for over 6 years now, was a big fan due to his quickness and sneakiness (positioned himself well to start counters, made for some fantastic goals). His finish is what I love the most. He reminds me of what Bennett can become if he gets a scoring touch like the Koev. Low centre of gravity, still nimble (I give him at least 2 more years until his physique drops off. His pace has not struggled much while Ive watched him). I just hope he avoids injuries. Those plastic pitches in Seattle and NE can destroy his kneecap if he makes a quick run and gets crushed by a defender.
    Agreed. I think he has all the tools to become a fan favorite if he can stay healthy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was a fantastic player for Norwich. His record with Derby I would attribute to the fact that Derby is shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I liken Earnshaw to Chad Barrett with a nose for goal. I hope my expectations aren't too high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    His record with Derby I would attribute to the fact that Derby is shit.
    And TFC is not? I think we'll probably see his Derby production this year. And boy, it's shaping up to be a long and depressing one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya never know. . he could become the best striker of this generation. .