Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaahuuu View Post
    I live in the US, have been drinking beer for almost 10 years, and have close to 1000 different empty bottles in my collection. I've never seen a beer that measures ABW.

The 12% abv American Brown Ale that I drank last night would like a word with you.
    Sorry Few is a misnomer should have been last few decades if I wanted to say few. Though most of the southern heartland states still use ABW.

American wide distribution pale Lagers are generally what we are referring to when we say American Beer. But it's great to see the border towns in the US learning from their Canadian drinking experiences and making better beers.. only look a century. Good for you

Besides I usually drink German and Belgium Wit or Stout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy is nice boston lager now and then......and a light rolling rock on a hot summer day to get the electrolytes back up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hmm......What this requires is a TFC beer food and bathroom app.

To tell you what beer and food is where and at what price. It could GPS you and give you directions to the nearest booth. Heck, if TFC got in on it, and the LCBO got into the 21st century, you could order your beer from your app, then pick it up, swipe your phone like us Starbucks drinkers do, and use your app store credit card to pay for it all.

And if they were really inventive, they'd put sensors in the lineup areas to all these things (including the bathrooms) so you could tell which bathrooom/vendor is busy and which has no lineup.

Then they could link it in to the TTC and GO to tell you about streetcars and trains.

I'd pay a buck a game for that.

I'll stop dreaming now.
    OR TFC could bring back can service to the supporters section. As many of you recall this service stopped the day we hosted the All Star Game. At the last Town Hall it was brought up twice and Paul B and Tom A said "They were not aware of this" and would look into it. Nothing happened, I sent my rep a follow up email and no response. So if you sit in the supporters section you beer delivery privledges are non existant due to some discrimination of you beeing a supporter in the supporters section.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leffe Hoegaarden & Stella were 75 cents more costly than Bud and Bud Light
    After finding that one Import beer darft stand I exclaimed there is a god and had me the first great beer @ BMO
    Line up at said beer stand 20 people line up at Bud stand ZERO LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some interesting beer talk in here. Would love to see an off topic thread on local beer as we are truly seeing some great craft beer in Toronto. Still a fair ways behind the American craft beer scene, but were moving in the right direction.
    Doesn't really matter who sponsors the taps at BMO as any one American Adjunct Lager style beer is much like another and none of them are particularly good. There is a reason they push the concept of a cold beer in their advertising...the colder the beer, the more it numbs your taste buds and they can push any old crap past you at that point.
    If you want to get a handle on how these massive companies came to dominate the beer landscape and how prohibition really messed up our beer options in North America up until the present day you should try this book, a great and interesting read by a Toronto author......http://www.amazon.ca/Cheers-Nicholas.../dp/1554682576

Also check out this website for great beer info and the chance to see how drinkers everywhere rate your beer of choice. Some great info on local brewers as well.

www.beeradvocate.com

Support Local Football.
    Drink Local Beer.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Glenchen29 View Post
    OR TFC could bring back can service to the supporters section. As many of you recall this service stopped the day we hosted the All Star Game. At the last Town Hall it was brought up twice and Paul B and Tom A said "They were not aware of this" and would look into it. Nothing happened, I sent my rep a follow up email and no response. So if you sit in the supporters section you beer delivery privledges are non existant due to some discrimination of you beeing a supporter in the supporters section.
    The south end service to seat licence was cut because of issues with minors getting beer.

End of conspiracy. Too many booze violations. Remember the dry game too? It all goes back to that.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when they first opened the Ricoh Coliseum back when it was city owned and the Toronto Roadrunners were the team, they only had Brick Beer. Of course the team failed because this is a Leafs only town when it comes to supporting any kind of hockey, MLSE annexed Ricoh to maintain its event venue monopoly in the city, and Molson/Coors found its way in.
    While I understand the push to have everything Bud in the stadium, they really could have created more of an international feel by having the other InBev products more readily available. Perhaps if the sales are really strong at that one kiosk, they will expand the options. I think as word gets out about its existence, the lines will be even longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That could be an urban legend. Have you tried a blind taste test?
    I haven't no, but you can really taste how bland the Red is at ACC when you get it on tap. I also heard this from an ex-alcohol industry person, who claims many within the industry all said the same thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully BMO doesn't end up like this soon: http://imgur.com/PuqHXQv

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ lol. Icky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Remember the dry game too? It all goes back to that.
    Oh that was a fun day. I still remember when the game started, looking over the side of 112 to see a gigantic line stretching almost onto the street because of the pat downs. Ppl could barely get in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rickard's Red used to be a good beer when it was independently-owned, ever since Molson bought it, its been crap. I'm just surprised the quality of Creemore hasn't deteriorated in the same way since Molson purchased it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    Leffe Hoegaarden & Stella were 75 cents more costly than Bud and Bud Light
    After finding that one Import beer darft stand I exclaimed there is a god and had me the first great beer @ BMO
    Line up at said beer stand 20 people line up at Bud stand ZERO LOL
    the 5$ buds bottle's were great

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Rickard's Red used to be a good beer when it was independently-owned, ever since Molson bought it, its been crap. I'm just surprised the quality of Creemore hasn't deteriorated in the same way since Molson purchased it.
    It has, just not to the same degree. Molson are aware of the burgeoning craft beer scene and I think they will try and tap it - the 6 Pints Beer Academy is evidence of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Support Local Football
    Support Local Beer
    Here Here.

I have been to stadiums in the states that were sponsored by Bud - but still had a local craft offering on tap. In one case - the brewery was so small that there is no way that they were paying any significant money to be there (likely none at all).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Molson bought it but kept the staff and things run pretty much the way they always have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Sorry Few is a misnomer should have been last few decades if I wanted to say few. Though most of the southern heartland states still use ABW.

American wide distribution pale Lagers are generally what we are referring to when we say American Beer. But it's great to see the border towns in the US learning from their Canadian drinking experiences and making better beers.. only look a century. Good for you

Besides I usually drink German and Belgium Wit or Stout.
    After prohibition USA and Canada were both pretty much like a dry dessert when it came to finding beer with taste as there really wasn't much out there, it was really just our bland lagers vs there bland lagers and light beers, until early 80's when new small independent breweries started popping up in USA and Canada at the same time. And even independent breweries has been a very slow growth over the years but is picking up momentum. Micro Breweries in Canada and USA both got most there influences from Europe, but often would get creative and change things in the brew process to give the beer a taste they could call there own. I wouldn't really say Canada had much to do with the growth in USA craft beer as in some states they were and in some cases in some states still are actually a step ahead of Canada on the beer scene.
    Last edited by james; 04-03-2013 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Some interesting beer talk in here. Would love to see an off topic thread on local beer as we are truly seeing some great craft beer in Toronto. Still a fair ways behind the American craft beer scene, but were moving in the right direction.
    Doesn't really matter who sponsors the taps at BMO as any one American Adjunct Lager style beer is much like another and none of them are particularly good. There is a reason they push the concept of a cold beer in their advertising...the colder the beer, the more it numbs your taste buds and they can push any old crap past you at that point.
    If you want to get a handle on how these massive companies came to dominate the beer landscape and how prohibition really messed up our beer options in North America up until the present day you should try this book, a great and interesting read by a Toronto author......http://www.amazon.ca/Cheers-Nicholas.../dp/1554682576

Also check out this website for great beer info and the chance to see how drinkers everywhere rate your beer of choice. Some great info on local brewers as well.

www.beeradvocate.com

Support Local Football.
    Drink Local Beer.

Very true on the beer scene in Toronto.

You know how annoying it can be when I here adds that say "Ice Cold Beer", beer was never made to be that cold. Chilled and refrigerated sure, put it in a cooler with ice if on summer holiday is fine of course as I mean you can't really bring a fridge with you, but advertising "Ice Cold Beer" is just stupid, beer was never made to be that cold in your pint glass. Once it gets below a temperature it just takes away any taste. I remember being at some sports bar and it had a Canadian or something on tap with this special tap that has Ice all around it on the outside to keep it extra cold, that just shows lack of what little respect the beer had.
    Last edited by james; 04-03-2013 at 03:52 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a huge supporter of craft beer. In a city that the craft beer market is growing at a fast past, its sad to see BMO no carry more craft selections. There are dozens of craft or micro breweries within minutes of the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And no Strongbow. Asked the guy and he mentioned people had been asking for it all day. The GF had to try the Keiths Cider and thought it was terrible. My $14 Bud was GREAT though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    After prohibition USA and Canada were both pretty much like a dry dessert when it came to finding beer with taste as there really wasn't much out there, it was really just our bland lagers vs there bland lagers and light beers, until early 80's when new small independent breweries started popping up in USA and Canada at the same time. And even independent breweries has been a very slow growth over the years but is picking up momentum. Micro Breweries in Canada and USA both got most there influences from Europe, but often would get creative and change things in the brew process to give the beer a taste they could call there own. I wouldn't really say Canada had much to do with the growth in USA craft beer as in some states they were and in some cases in some states still are actually a step ahead of Canada on the beer scene.
    Dude this was just a little good natured ribbing. It shouldn't have been taken too seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Dude this was just a little good natured ribbing. It shouldn't have been taken too seriously.
    I was just explaining for reference, it's all good tho.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    beer was never made to be that cold in your pint glass. Once it gets below a temperature it just takes away any taste.
    Tell that to my local LCBO where I keep finding British ales in the coolers.
    I just keep it in the basement or pop it into the fridge for a short while but keeping it chilled for days on end? Weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synkronized1 View Post
    The GF had to try the Keiths Cider and thought it was terrible.
    Oh so they did stock a cider of some sort. I wondered as I didn't see any in my admittedly very fast look past. Not that I was about to buy anything at the prices on offer.

I did get a laugh, after a moments pause, outta the one outlet with a young lady selling out of a stand alone cooler of some sort that invited people to "grab a few buds"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renda-10 View Post
    its sad to see BMO no carry more craft selections. There are dozens of craft or micro breweries within minutes of the stadium.
    Budweiser wouldn't want a captive audience to discover a better product that they might start frequenting once they had escaped the confines of BMO field ... would they?

After all don't they routinely use scantily clad women to sell their beer because the product just can't on its own?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Budweiser wouldn't want a captive audience to discover a better product that they might start frequenting once they had escaped the confines of BMO field ... would they?
    Lowenbrau, Spaten, Negra Modelo, Staropramen, and Goose Island would put money in the same pockets as the swill they are selling now.

They made a huge issue about the new gourmet food, I wish they'd have done the same with the beer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by synkronized1 View Post
    And no Strongbow. Asked the guy and he mentioned people had been asking for it all day. The GF had to try the Keiths Cider and thought it was terrible. My $14 Bud was GREAT though
    Keiths Cider is horrible. There are many great ciders, Keiths maybe the worst Cider I have ever had...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaahuuu View Post
    Lowenbrau, Spaten, Negra Modelo, Staropramen, and Goose Island would put money in the same pockets as the swill they are selling now.

They made a huge issue about the new gourmet food, I wish they'd have done the same with the beer.
    I just looked online, InBev own over 200 brands of beer. I looked on the list, a lot are crap, some are actually really good beers and there is a lot on that list that i have never seen or tried before. But why the hell can't they have some of there good beer brands at the stadium if they own some great beers that would end up in the same pockets of money anyways?

And also if InBev own 49% of The Beer Store why do they not have more of these beers they own on sale? I would pay for some of those beers InBev owns, I mean good beer is good beer. I pretty much stopped going to The Beer Store because the lack of selection, must just be about 90% bland lager beers on sale in that place. I mean offering some of the other beers could help compete against LCBO and bring in some new customers including myself into the store if they had more selection to choose from. I would really like to know why they continue to not offer certain beers they own them self's. It seems weird to me.
    Last edited by james; 04-03-2013 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post

After all don't they routinely use scantily clad women to sell their beer because the product just can't on its own?
    See my post above about Bud in the US and craft beer. I have inside info on the what goes on in Bud (in the US at least) in this regard. They don't see craft beer as threat, and are actually pretty supportive of local beer scenes. It might be different here though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...89#post1571589

Ok lads... HERE YOU GO...

Since this is not really TFC 'exact' chat anymore, or about Bud watering down Bud Light (is that possible???) I give you... THE BEER THREAD...

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...89#post1571589
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."