Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default West Ham Players Angry...

West Ham's players are said to be angry after being forced to fly economy class in two separate planes for a friendly in Canada against MLS team Columbus Crew. The MLS had told West Ham they would be flown business class but the travel firm they were using went bust. (The Sun)

Don't really blame them either... but, but, but... don't ever say that SHIT HOLE is in Canada.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

West Ham is playing the Crew in Toronto?????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article goes on to mention how many of the players have expressed concern over the "astroturf"... talk about the achilles heel of TFC, this turf is a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't realize the all-star game featured West Ham vs. Columbus Crew a BMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noochie View Post
    Article goes on to mention how many of the players have expressed concern over the "astroturf"... talk about the achilles heel of TFC, this turf is a joke.
    Watch Bellamy as he dazzles us with his ability to sit on the bench dressed in a suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bellamy wouldn't even train on the shit, and that comes from Carver himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    Watch Bellamy as he dazzles us with his ability to sit on the bench dressed in a suit.
    Or swing a golf club at his teammates.

olegunnar

Quote Originally Posted by Hooligan69 View Post
    I didn't realize the all-star game featured West Ham vs. Columbus Crew a BMO.
    West Ham is playing Columbus in a friendly on Sunday July 20th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
    Or swing a golf club at his teammates.
    That's why he joined the irons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaughno View Post

Don't really blame them either... but, but, but... don't ever say that SHIT HOLE is in Canada.

If you think they are pissed off now, wait until they get to see Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some interesting quotes in The Sun's article...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1432066.ece

Tonight West Ham play non-league Hampton and stay overnight at a hotel near Heathrow.

Tomorrow, half the squad fly to Chicago on one scheduled flight with the remainder flying out hours later.

After that nine-hour trip, plus the wait at Chicago’s O’Hare airport, they catch another plane for the three-hour flight to Columbus before facing Crew on Sunday. The following Thursday, the MLS All Star team — which is expected to include David Beckham — provide the opposition in Toronto.

To cap it all, this game is on astroturf and many players are reluctant to turn out because of injury fears.

Should be a GREAT game, huh?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow...once again, the cheapness of the stadium shows through.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

TO DEVILS

Maybe they will protest as well. LMAO!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more negative press the field gets the better!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    The more negative press the field gets the better!
    Agreed... I wish the city / MLSE would issue a statement that at least they are investigating a natural surface. Unless I have missed something, I am pretty sure they haven't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed... I wish the city / MLSE would issue a statement that at least they are investigating a natural surface. Unless I have missed something, I am pretty sure they haven't.
    I remember Paul saying they're conducting a study whether it's feasible to lay grass on the turf in summer while removing it in the winter for community use.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bottom line we need real grass. I would rather wach TFC at Brock stadium. People that say the turf is fine is nuts.

we need real grass.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having the national team talk about the superior pitch in Montreal and now having the topic come up again for the All-Star match, not to mention potential TFC players who would never play here because of it. If anything it's another message to MLSE that a plastic pitch doesn't cut it if you want to be world class.

I don't waste much energy complaining about this though...we all know the answer is MLSE couldn't give a shit as long as they are making some cash off this operation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes...lets all cheer for West Ham who will most probably end up playing their reserves because of "mysterious illnesses" to their regulars. Too bad we will miss great players like Bellamy and Dyer....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    I remember Paul saying they're conducting a study whether it's feasible to lay grass on the turf in summer while removing it in the winter for community use.

And that's the only solution because the city wants and of course deserves Community use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yes...lets all cheer for West Ham who will most probably end up playing their reserves because of "mysterious illnesses" to their regulars. Too bad we will miss great players like Bellamy and Dyer....
    Yeah, and all those great fans in Columbus get to see them. How fantastic is that! Play on the nice grass in Columbus and then come here and say "Yeah, I think I will sit this one out."

When the turf does go... do you think that they would allow us to have a ceremonial turf burning? Or is that akin to lighting 16,000,000 tires on fire? Maybe Environment Canada would have something to say about that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone seem the outdoor soccer facility built of of commisioner's street down by cherry beach ?? it was supposed to open this summer ..... it is not real grass ??? it is city owned .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, and all those great fans in Columbus get to see them. How fantastic is that! Play on the nice grass in Columbus and then come here and say "Yeah, I think I will sit this one out."

When the turf does go... do you think that they would allow us to have a ceremonial turf burning? Or is that akin to lighting 16,000,000 tires on fire? Maybe Environment Canada would have something to say about that.
    My comments about Bellamy and Bowyer (typed Dyer by mistake) was tongue in cheek but yeah, I agree none the less. What's funny is that fact that people seem to ask for evidence everyday when there is more and more evidence piling on throughout the year. Seriously, how many times have we heard someone on this board say "The turf is not the problem. No one has ever said that!" yet you see stuff like this on a consistent basis now. Wouldn't surprise me if Dickov's decision to join Blackpool instead of TFC might have something to do with this as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with them, frankly. There is fuck all out there that supports players' contentions that field turf is dangerous. Nothing . Sweet fuck all.

And while you can make the argument that it doesn't matter, because it's what they think that matters, not reality, I'd always argue in favour of not repeating a lie. If people want to discuss field turf as a problem, it should always be because "players THINK" it's a problem, not because it definitively is , as no one here -- as you mention-- has ever backed up their bitching with anything other than player hyperbole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by olegunner View Post
    West Ham is playing Columbus in a friendly on Sunday July 20th
    Stop ruining my fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a shame that they are bitching, you would think that they would be happy to be out of East London for a couple of weeks.
    Irons scum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I agree with them, frankly. There is fuck all out there that supports players' contentions that field turf is dangerous. Nothing . Sweet fuck all.

And while you can make the argument that it doesn't matter, because it's what they think that matters, not reality, I'd always argue in favour of not repeating a lie. If people want to discuss field turf as a problem, it should always be because "players THINK" it's a problem, not because it definitively is , as no one here -- as you mention-- has ever backed up their bitching with anything other than player hyperbole.

In this situation, we have a multi million dollar corporation selling pigshit as "the future of chocolate"

We also have a whole bunch of people who DONT have to eat this amazing new form of chocolate (thats you btw), saying
    "It's just like real chocolate, there's no evidence that eating that will cause any problems" while the people who DO have to eat it, are saying "that's Pigshit, I dont want to eat it"

Well suck it up, say the bunch, real men can eat pigshit, we only want men who can eat pigshit.

and then

How come we cant get anybody to eat it? How come the guys we forced to eat it were all sick last year?

It cant have anything to do with the pigshit, it's perfectly organic, and if we had real chocolate, it would melt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    In this situation, we have a multi million dollar corporation selling pigshit as "the future of chocolate"

We also have a whole bunch of people who DONT have to eat this amazing new form of chocolate (thats you btw), saying
    "It's just like real chocolate, there's no evidence that eating that will cause any problems" while the people who DO have to eat it, are saying "that's Pigshit, I dont want to eat it"

Well suck it up, say the bunch, real men can eat pigshit, we only want men who can eat pigshit.

and then

How come we cant get anybody to eat it? How come the guys we forced to eat it were all sick last year?

It cant have anything to do with the pigshit, it's perfectly organic, and if we had real chocolate, it would melt.
    Which would be relevant, if FieldTurf were akin to pig shit. But again, the players concerns as far as I can tell mostly stem from fear of injury, not the quality of play.

So while this analogy seems very, very witty indeed and is nicely phrased indeed, it is also.....drum roll....a bunch of pigshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fieldturf is akin to pigshit as far as the players are concerned.

It takes longer to recover from playing on it, players are reluctant to slide across it (and that can be seen every home game), players who make quick turns absolutely despise it and dont play their A game for fear of twisting their ankles. It heats up in the sun and slows down the game because it fatigues the players.

Sports surgeons treating injured players advise against it and insurance companies who pay wages for injured players, put a premium on it.

The players concerns arent being addressed, instead they are being told that they're superstitious or something, by the people who are MAKING OR SAVING MONEY from it's use and dont actually play professional football on field turf.

The proof is in the pudding anyway, too often games at BMO are lacklustre, the CMNT have shunned BMO because of it, we're losing players off the roster to it and encountering difficulty signing playerrs we want because of it.

I think the players would rather play on pigshit actually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Which would be relevant, if FieldTurf were akin to pig shit. But again, the players concerns as far as I can tell mostly stem from fear of injury, not the quality of play.
    Im not sure why you think my analogy relates to quality of play over the fear of injury actually.

But lets go there,

shouldn't professional football players, enjoy playing the game? I dont want players who hate playing.