Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    In the announcement Torsten looked like he was starting to choke up at one point at not being able to play this year (I doubt it's due to MLS being a big deal , I think it's always difficult when a player hangs up their boots). He sounded 100% genuine and sincere.

Payne handled his part with great class and sensitivity, something we've never seen here in the past, first refusing to answer any roster questions until Torsten had had his time, then switching to that when Torsten started to choke up. I've respected Payne in the past, but my respect just went up even more another notch.
    I agree. I'm glad they did this right (for once).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It might be a coincidence that this was a classier than usual press conference, seeing as Anselmi wasn't involved.

Very impressed with the way Payne handled the media and the amount of respect he showed Torsten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    QPR can't afford their current roster even if they stayed up. No way we would be able to afford their cast offs.
    QPR's roster has been horribly mismanaged the last 2 years. They have a lot of players that are decent but aren't getting into the squad at all anymore. I'm sure some of them would love to just get some playing time, even if it means a pay cut. Warnock's original squad that got promotion was decent enough, and I'd love some of those players. Then Hughes took over and dumped them ALL. Then Redknapp took over and then dumped Hughes' players! So, they've got several players that aren't even signed up in the playing squad this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    It might be a coincidence that this was a classier than usual press conference, seeing as Anselmi wasn't involved.
    Tommy boy would have said that it's unfortunate that they were forced to make this decision, however it is unacceptable for such a high payed player to miss so many games, and that this was a unnecessary move for the club to be able to move forward

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All The Best Captain . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    I think my lasting memory of Frings with Toronto will be that ridiculous subway promo where he was looking to play pass with someone. I still can't believe they did that to such a great player.
    Yes, that was a very negative memory. But for me when Torsten scored that goal in Montreal, WOW!
    All of those Reds screaming and a 'hush' from the blue and white supporters. That is my lasting memory!
    Take care Mr. Frings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite Frings moment is the world class long ball he delivered to Silva at the Rogers Center to put TFC up 2-0 in front of over 50,000 rabid supporters.

I can't believe that was only a year ago.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    My favorite Frings moment is the world class long ball he delivered to Silva at the Rogers Center to put TFC up 2-0 in front of over 50,000 rabid supporters.I can't believe that was only a year ago.
    Seems like that was eons ago.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I appreciate what he brought, even though he was on his last legs. When he got here, he was already running on fumes, but he still played with a lot of class under some pretty strange circumstances. Sure, he got paid well to do so, but in the end, he was a pro about it. Best of luck to him.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like i said on the TFC facebook, we were privileged to have a man who defended against the likes of xavi, fabregas, and inesta playing for our club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    My favorite Frings moment is the world class long ball he delivered to Silva at the Rogers Center to put TFC up 2-0 in front of over 50,000 rabid supporters.
    What a ball that was.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What a ball that was.
    His corner which led to the first goal wasn't bad either!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classy player, even on his last legs he was still a class above in this league. The changes in management, and having to play different positions didn't help his cause and of course injuries didn't help either.The influence he will have exerted to younger players in our ranks means we will still be reaping his wisdom for a few yrs after he has gone. The first proper leader the team ever had on the field. Good luck to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said when he signed he was beyond his "best before" date. Even at 34 when he came he already had high mileage at the highest level of club and country football.

Having said all of that, he was still light years better than anyone who have worn Red. What a treat to watch.

Danke schoen Tortsen!
    Last edited by Toronto_Bhoy; 02-26-2013 at 07:56 PM.
    “We changed the entire league’s opinion of the viability of soccer in North America. And then we blew it because we chickened out." —Tim Leiweke

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the Birthday present Torsten. .

thanks alot

Have fun on the golf course.

sad he is gone.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.