View Poll Results: How many TFC fans in Montreal March 16, 2013?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1k - 2k

59 40.14%
  • 3k - 5k

65 44.22%
  • 6k-8k

15 10.20%
  • 9k-10k

4 2.72%
  • 10k-12k

1 0.68%
  • 13k+ We're going to Bring The Payne Bitches!

3 2.04%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that's where we're all going before hand where's everyone headed post game? I'm in for Station De Sports I have a friend that works there. But ill go where the party is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    So that's where we're all going before hand where's everyone headed post game? I'm in for Station De Sports I have a friend that works there. But ill go where the party is.
    We have a group of +50 that will be arriving late... McLean's is post game... Closer to Old MTL where some of our hotels are... Where Is Station De Sports? I want to go to a good place that can accomodate our large numbers...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Station De Sports has two locations on Rue Ste Catherine.

The first location is at 2051 Rue Sainte-Catherine Ouest which is 4 blocks from Guy Concordia metro station. The 2nd location is at 862 Rue Stainte-Catherine Est which is one block from Berri Uqam metro station.

The 2nd location by Berri Uqam Metro station is 7 stops to the bigO while the first location by Guy Concordia Metro station is 12 stops to the bigO.

06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend works at the closer one by Berri Uqam. It's closer in terms of subway then the other one. Closer is better I can't see it being that busy even with the UFC on that night. Most of them will be at the event.

I sent her a message to see about capacity and if it will be busy during a UFC night. Not sure if they show the PPV or not. Wouldn't think it would be that packed for it most of the people should be at the event. Ill update when I hear.
    Last edited by BuSaPuNk; 03-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Berri Uqam location is closer to the stadium and not busy during the day. Now the question is, are people who are staying in the downtown core at the Hilton, Embassy Suites, Novotel, Marriott, Westin hotels willing to meet up at the Sports Station by Berri? That's 3 to 4 Metro stations from the downtown core.

Getting into any bar this Saturday in MTL will be very difficult. You have the Habs playing at 7pm and that goes until 9:30pm and right after that they will put on the UFC fight. I can verify that Sports Station shows UFC at both locations since that's where i usually go. GSP is fighting at home on Saturday, it's going to be tough finding a bar to accommodate our group after the TFC game.
    06-18-09 i was there

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Station Des Sport is apparently going to be packed at 6 for the habs game and not change. Think we're going to have that problem almost everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So 6 of us are coming up with weekend but, i just got my tickets today from TFC FO and all of them are in the nose bleeds. Fucken ridiculous considering i was one of the first people to book my tickets. Do you think the montreal security will care if we come down to the 100's? I know it's GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    So 6 of us are coming up with weekend but, i just got my tickets today from TFC FO and all of them are in the nose bleeds. Fucken ridiculous considering i was one of the first people to book my tickets. Do you think the montreal security will care if we come down to the 100's? I know it's GA.
    Arent they all?

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those of you in the upper deck are probably better off. I think the group up there will be significantly larger than those of us in the 100's. Besides, you'll probably have better view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    I think if you requested larger quantity of tickets, you are in the upper level. I have 8 tickets, and they put us up in the 400 as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I'm gonna try to do a two stick this week...

"This sign is in English - Eat it"
    Or
    "MTL founded in 1642; First bribe in 1643"
    That's brilliant.

This would be great too

"Si vous pouvez lire ce signe, vous sucez des balles. "

Translates to, "If you can read this sign, you suck balls"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    I think if you requested larger quantity of tickets, you are in the upper level. I have 8 tickets, and they put us up in the 400 as well.
    I got 1 ticket and I am in the upper level. I just think most of the tickets are in the upper level.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Je me souviens June 18, 2009.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I'm sure that TFC wants us to think that there are throngs of fans climbing over themselves to get in on this trip, but I have my doubts we'll see over a thousand fans at Olypmpic Stadium. As it's been suggested, I'm would most people who were offered a ticket took it, but most have no intention on actually going on the trip.

As much as I would like to see it, I don't think this trip will top the 2 grand or so that went to Columbus.
    Yeah, so, ummm... disregard this post, because it's now become clear that we're going to have a massive TFC contingent going to Montreal. Not sure if it's going to be record-breaking, but I'm certain we're going to have much more than 2,000 out in Montreal for this match.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    It's quite possible that the final number is in the hundreds not thousands.
    Like Craig. I take my words back. I wildly underestimated the level of interest.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I still doubt there will actually be 4,200 there as was mentioned in the article. But regardless, we should end up topping our previous record. That is all that matters.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post

Riding the Metro to the stadium was a blast. I cracked the ceiling of one of the cars when we were chanting. We need to pump it up some more on Saturday.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    I still doubt there will actually be 4,200 there as was mentioned in the article. But regardless, we should end up topping our previous record. That is all that matters.
    Yeah, 4,200 seems a little high. Not sure if we will top 4,000, but there's no doubt that we're going to surpass the 2,400 we brought to Columbus in 2008.

Ya know, I remember a time when a few people really didn't think there would be much ado about a Toronto/Montreal rivalry in MLS.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there will be probabley be about 2500 to 3000 that will show up in Montreal nontheless my only concern is however many do show up cheer very loud and lets hope for a TFC victory.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok ... I was in the 100 level and couldn't really tell how many TFC fans were up above us in the 400's.
    We were packed in pretty tight in 149.

Just how many TFC supporters were there at the "Big Owe"??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    Ok ... I was in the 100 level and couldn't really tell how many TFC fans were up above us in the 400's.
    We were packed in pretty tight in 149.

Just how many TFC supporters were there at the "Big Owe"??
    I was in upper deck I would say at least 70% per section was full in the first half, then after that people went to lower level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3200 according to Paul Beirne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ That sounds about right to me. And I believe the announced match attendance at Olympic Stadium was 38,000+.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    Riding the Metro to the stadium was a blast. I cracked the ceiling of one of the cars when we were chanting. We need to pump it up some more on Saturday.
    The best part was on the Subway after the game and we were jumping around so much that Police were waitting at one of the Subway stations, they kicked all TFC fans off the train and split us up into smaller groups before letting us on seperate trains. That was awsome, so much fun!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this away trip in numbers is going to be hard to beat. I have been to about 15 games in England and the away numbers travelling was usually between 1k-3k. This was the biggest away support i have seen at a game before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The beautiful part about this away support was that it was for a regular season match. Though much of it had to do with TFC organizing the hype for it. That shouldn't take away from the accomplishment though. Usually, clubs request an X amount of tickets for every away match and they are the ones to distribute the tickets to their own fans. So in a way, it's not abnormal what TFC did with the exception of paying for the tickets that would have probably cost $10 each anyway. Also the 10 buses TFC organized would have only been about 700 fans if they were at capacity anyway (and they weren't - mine was less than half empty!).

Lastly, in Europe, travelling is a lot easier in most games. Some rivals play in the same city. A 6 hour drive will take you across the country in England. This was our nearest rival. Makes you realize how big Canada is and makes the argument as to why it's so difficult to have strong leagues in North America due to the size of the continent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even a peep on mls.com about the travelling support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    The beautiful part about this away support was that it was for a regular season match. Though much of it had to do with TFC organizing the hype for it. That shouldn't take away from the accomplishment though. Usually, clubs request an X amount of tickets for every away match and they are the ones to distribute the tickets to their own fans. So in a way, it's not abnormal what TFC did with the exception of paying for the tickets that would have probably cost $10 each anyway. Also the 10 buses TFC organized would have only been about 700 fans if they were at capacity anyway (and they weren't - mine was less than half empty!).

Lastly, in Europe, travelling is a lot easier in most games. Some rivals play in the same city. A 6 hour drive will take you across the country in England. This was our nearest rival. Makes you realize how big Canada is and makes the argument as to why it's so difficult to have strong leagues in North America due to the size of the continent.
    That's something we do tend to forget. England is roughly the size of Southern Ontario, and the distance between Toronto and Montreal is a little more than that between London and Newcastle in the UK.

Geography is going to be an obstacle for sports leagues in North America, at least until we get some high-speed rail lines going or our domestic airlines stop gouging us like thieves.