View Poll Results: How many TFC fans in Montreal March 16, 2013?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1k - 2k

59 40.14%
  • 3k - 5k

65 44.22%
  • 6k-8k

15 10.20%
  • 9k-10k

4 2.72%
  • 10k-12k

1 0.68%
  • 13k+ We're going to Bring The Payne Bitches!

3 2.04%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How Many TFC Fans Will Show Up in Montreal? Will we set a record for away support?

Here's the question: How many fans show up and actually use the ticket in Montreal?

What is the away record for MLS away fan support? Anyone know?

Will TFC fans break the record on March 16, 2013?

I'm going to guess that about 5,000 people will be there on game day, and that about 15,000 tickets will be given to SSH who asked for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we are still waiting for our tickets and there no word when we are going to get them. Plus, some people might go depending if they can get a free bus ride from TFC. So far, TFC haven't told us if we will get a bus ride to the game or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lets bring the panye bitches!!!!
    Last edited by khso11; 02-22-2013 at 02:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the record for us is 2000 @ columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

already booked hotel and flight +2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This could be interesting, I doubt more than 1k will make the trip. Unless TFC steps in with busses, I'd prob try to get on one then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Well we are still waiting for our tickets and there no word when we are going to get them. Plus, some people might go depending if they can get a free bus ride from TFC. So far, TFC haven't told us if we will get a bus ride to the game or not.
    Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but from glancing at the TFC twitter feed I saw someone mention a bus raffle. Which made it sound like the club was only going to offer transportation to those lucky enough to get their name drawn out of a hat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Not sure if I'm recalling this correctly, but from glancing at the TFC twitter feed I saw someone mention a bus raffle. Which made it sound like the club was only going to offer transportation to those lucky enough to get their name drawn out of a hat.

Yeah that's right. It was offered to SSH, we were put into a draw to see if we could get on the bus.

They haven't held the draw yet though! They're taking there sweet as time. I signed up for the draw, but bought a bus ticket instead because I wanted to stay the night.

I have a feeling that a lot of people signed up for the raffle and that this is making things hard for the FO. I think they are considering offering a lot more buses then they originally intended. That's my hunch. To say thanks to the fans.

If I win I will look to give my spots to someone here who wants to make the same day trip.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's quite possible that the final number is in the hundreds not thousands.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I made a mistake putting my name in the draw. If I win, then I will just give my seats to someone else. I am going to be in Montreal, but haven't decided to stay in Montreal or drive back to Toronto after the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    well the record for us is 2000 @ columbus
    That might well be the MLS record. I've seen it (incorrectly) reported that 1,500 Portland fans in Seattle last year was the record. How many did we take to Montreal last year?

At the same time, I'd be shocked that there weren't 2,000 Galaxy fans at any of the Chivas-Galaxy games when Chivas was home ... but I suppose that's a different case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put my name in the raffle with every intention of going with my full compliment of 5 season seats.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm guessing it will be around 1000 - still, that's a great haul for an away trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    This could be interesting, I doubt more than 1k will make the trip. Unless TFC steps in with busses, I'd prob try to get on one then.
    last year we had 1400...so without tfc's freebie, i'd bet we'd do the same; so to say no more than 1k, that's ludacris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to say 5kish... we have around 14k SSH who have the option of tickets plus all of the RPB's that have more than one person coming. 5K in my guess, and 8-10 k is my hope

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im bringing upwards of 6. This weekend could end of up killing me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm coming in a group of 4.. I will guess maybe around 1500 - 2000 will do it. It's hard to tell though since last season really sucked a lot of the enthusiasm from the team.

I'm still hyped though! Let's do this!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    There definitely isn't the buzz for this trip as there was for Columbus and we're only 3 weeks away. I mean how many buses are going? While most will drive themselves, there was a convoy of buses for Columbus. The ticket freebie is negligible as the ticket to the game is the cheap part. It will probably be the same as last year.
    This is what I'm thinking. So far, you have ~120 RPB going, along with family members/friends going along with them, ~60 USec going with people they've invited. Of course, there are still plenty of people who aren't counted in that, but you have to think this constitutes the majority of the hard-core away-game types. Yes, there are still thousands of non-supporter group affiliated SSHs, but how many of them do you think are going to decide to travel to Montreal that weekend? I think the numbers will be similar to last year, hopefully a bit higher, but probably not by much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see more than 200 people going to Montreal, there is no buzz for this team, nothing. With the Jays putting together a roster that should not only make the playoffs but most likely make it to the World Series and it looks like the attendance for the Jays games will see a sharp rise too, who knows they might even match the attendance figures they got when they were winning back in the 1990's, they were getting 50,000 a game and we are talking baseball where you play something like what 80 home games not 18 home games you play in the MLS, where TFC struggled to get 17,000 a game last season. The buzz is all Jays right now and add the Leafs who are also playing well and are making a playoff push and TFC is an after thought. Moreover, in terms of the roster which is paper thin with a week to go in the season, there is nothing about this team that creates any buzz, it will be a struggle for this team to get any sort of buzz in this city for the now ,to think that we can get the numbers we got for that Columbus trip I don't think so not even close, I hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usector alone has close to 200 going.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I can't see more than 200 people going to Montreal, there is no buzz for this team, nothing. With the Jays putting together a roster that should not only make the playoffs but most likely make it to the World Series and it looks like the attendance for the Jays games will see a sharp rise too, who knows they might even match the attendance figures they got when they were winning back in the 1990's, they were getting 50,000 a game and we are talking baseball where you play something like what 80 home games not 18 home games you play in the MLS, where TFC struggled to get 17,000 a game last season. The buzz is all Jays right now and add the Leafs who are also playing well and are making a playoff push and TFC is an after thought. Moreover, in terms of the roster which is paper thin with a week to go in the season, there is nothing about this team that creates any buzz, it will be a struggle for this team to get any sort of buzz in this city for the now ,to think that we can get the numbers we got for that Columbus trip I don't think so not even close, I hope I'm wrong.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but I can't see more than 200 people going to Montreal
    hahaha

Just got this email from TFC:

Thanks for confirming your attendance to the Toronto FC match in Montreal on March 16th, 2013 (match time 4:00 p.m.).

The response from Season Seat Holders was outstanding and we are poised to break the record for the most travelling TFC supporters in club history!
    That means more than 2500 are confirmed, and the answer to the question in this thread title is yes, we will set a record for away support (for TFC, at least).
    If we add in non-season ticket-holders going, it will almost certainly be more than 3k.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Alonso;1559801]Here's the question: How many fans show up and actually use the ticket in Montreal?

/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. last year it looked like only 6,000 showed up to some of the games at bmo. Just guessing that transportation, climate, time and costs will discourage even these 6,000 die hards... my vote says 900 Toronto FC fans. A "free" ticket from Anselmi will not motivate too many to blow hundreds of dollars on going to Montreall in March... I think most TFC fans are now hailing from Missouri - the "show me" state.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take this as you wish but according to my account rep, they're expecting 5,000-6,000 supporters to make the trip to Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    Take this as you wish but according to my account rep, they're expecting 5,000-6,000 supporters to make the trip to Montreal.
    Would be more if TFC FO actually had done the bus thing properly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's some real self-hate, pessimism and the typical Portland/Seattle cocksucking on this thread. We took 3000 to Columbus the first trip, 2000 the second, plus 1500 odd to Montreal last season. Portland to Seattle is not even 300 km, we've taken more to double the distance in another bloody country. Yeah we've had a shit team for pretty much the past seven years but there is a latent support for TFC in the GTA that blows any other MLS team out of the water including Seattle. Forget a 5 hour drive to Montreal, if we get to an MLS Cup final in a Western Conference stadium I guarantee we'll have more travelling fans there than any team in MLS history.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    There's some real self-hate, pessimism and the typical Portland/Seattle cocksucking on this thread...
    I've been carded, got an inbox of hate and been banned for a lot less than calling folk cocksuckers - the people are only guessing at numbers - no need to get riled IMHO... I guess the bright side is that at least you didn't call anyone a shitecap fan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    hahaha

Just got this email from TFC:

That means more than 2500 are confirmed, and the answer to the question in this thread title is yes, we will set a record for away support (for TFC, at least).
    If we add in non-season ticket-holders going, it will almost certainly be more than 3k.
    I have not been following this too closely - so forgive me in advance... has the club chartered 40 buses? If not, how the heck would they have "confirmed" numbers? Saying you will go on a club supplied bus is one thing - going on your own is quite another...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A better poll would be

Are You Surprised That TFC has F***ed Up Yet Another Promotional Opportunity And Made Really Big Renewal Promises They Will Struggle To Keep

Yes
    No

Really, am I the only one that thinks the "bus lottery" is a result of having a bunch of people saying "yes we're going" and then the beancounters
    desperately trying to figure out how to reduce their costs on this?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Code Red View Post
    I would not be surprised if the number of tickets claimed by season ticket holders was in the area of 5-6k. Now the number of tickets claimed and those actually used are two different things.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure that TFC wants us to think that there are throngs of fans climbing over themselves to get in on this trip, but I have my doubts we'll see over a thousand fans at Olypmpic Stadium. As it's been suggested, I'm would most people who were offered a ticket took it, but most have no intention on actually going on the trip.

As much as I would like to see it, I don't think this trip will top the 2 grand or so that went to Columbus.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.