Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need someone who can take decent free kicks.. Dunfield isn't cutting it for me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connon_1991 View Post
    we need someone who can take decent free kicks.. Dunfield isn't cutting it for me
    Frings or Bekker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am not to sure what to say... I guess we have a few players who are trying out so were not playing our full strength team.. The Union arent that great but there looking sharper than TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gets a good chance, shot is blocked, dunfield gets the ball and sends a poor ball out wide. ffs get this garbage out of here, hall aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welshman looks good. I'm excited to see how Welshman, Bekker, and Silva will grow together this season. Could be a deadly trio, with Welshmans pace, Silvas vision and Bekkers shooting.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where have the Reds gone?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the first team Regulars have been very poor... Silva, Dunfield, O dea, Hall and Ecks (prob been the best out of all them)...... not impressed at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, Califf may not be starting, eh. Also, the team basically traded Welshman for Ryan Johson, which is looking increasingly terrible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was floating in and out of this game whilst making banana foster bread.

someone sum it up in a dozen words or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    Also, the team basically traded Welshman for Ryan Johson, which is looking increasingly terrible.
    Not true. They traded Johnson for Kyle Bekker, and Andrew Farrell for Welshman and a whackload of Allocation.
    But in any case, a Welshman vs Johnson comparison after a couple of preseason games is ridiculous. There were many games last year when Johnson looked like the worst striker the world has ever seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a messy performance by TFC. I'm not encouraged, impressed, or happy with what I'm seeing so far. I understand that it's very early still, and that we're watching pre-season friendlies. But Philly looked far more prepared for the season that's only 2 weeks away. Us, well, we just looked like shit.

2 weeks to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    someone sum it up in a dozen words or less.
    We look like a mid-table USL team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Dunfield is one of the worst decisions TFC ever made. The quicker we get rid of him the better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that game was hard to watch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no positives from that game......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't sign anyone between now and the start of the season I think we'll challenge our losing streak.

Get used to watching games with those kind of finishing scores.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When are the new players coming.I thought Russel looked steady and could be a good player for us.Time to send Bennett and Morgan home.Don`t make enough of an impact.I thought bourget looked okey with his limited minutes.Hope he gets more of a look.Can we release Weideman?I do not know how after 6 years a team can have such a thin roster.Alot of these players struggle in this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really any sign of optimism with that game. Even with preseason you should see some glimmer if there is any to be found. I will reserve judgement until the start of the season when our regular lineup starts the season. If they start off the season the same way they ended I won't be spending my time, money and effort going to Montreal even with a free ticket from TFC. Trying to not be too pessimistic just yet but difficult given our lack of winning history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    I do not know how after 6 years a team can have such a thin roster. A lot of these players struggle in this league.
    the "how it happened" is easy to explain. We sign average and below average players to above average salaries, or salaries above what they're worth, and release average players who make below average money "to make space" rather than releasing those who make more than their worth. Ex: releasing Soolsma, Avila, Burgos, Williams, and Plata, while holding onto Hall, Weideman, Eckersley, and many more in the past.

The "why" is also easy to explain: Years of incompetence

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    that game was hard to watch
    And season didn't started yet lol.
    with a group like this the started dont gone be 0-9 but 0-12 started.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Not really any sign of optimism with that game. Even with preseason you should see some glimmer if there is any to be found. I will reserve judgement until the start of the season when our regular lineup starts the season. If they start off the season the same way they ended I won't be spending my time, money and effort going to Montreal even with a free ticket from TFC. Trying to not be too pessimistic just yet but difficult given our lack of winning history.
    I'm more optimistic. Obviously we still have a very short roster, and I dont' think they're out there looking for more depth. On top of that, the players we'd expect to contribute down the road are starting to round in, Bekker looked decent, Welshman looked ok, T. Morgan has looked decent all camp.

We just need the final three or four puzzle pieces to be reasonably competitive, at least. Who expects Jeremy Hall and Terry Dunfield to be our starting central mid duo (and I say that even though Dunfield has been Ok during preseason)? Osorio and Morgan are revelations, Central defenders' mistakes have been decreasing (although that first goal today was a doozy).

I don't expect us to compete for the playoffs this year, but as a rebuilding year, it's a decent start.

Having said that, today was bleah. I got the serious feeling they'd been told to lay off any heavy pressure or tackles; our roster is so thin right now anyway they can't risk anyone in a preaseason game.

Here's my optimistic outlook: Payne lines up two of the Hondurans (preferably A. Lopez) and Nelsen comes back from the UK with a new DP or two who can bang in goals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by iy12l View Post
    Signing Dunfield is one of the worst decisions TFC ever made. The quicker we get rid of him the better.
    Completely agree with you. We need to get rid of him ASAP... Bekker looks Decent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do people put any stock in these games?

The eventual starting lineup during the regular season is not going to resemble the lineup that shit the bed today.

Pre-season results mean absolutely nothing. Last year, we looked very solid in the pre-season and proceeded to set a MLS record for the worst start to a regular season.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 02-16-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Why do people put any stock in these games?

The eventual starting lineup during the regular season is not going to resemble the lineup that shit the bed today.

Pre-season results mean absolutely nothing. Last year, we looked very solid in the pre-season and proceeded to set a MLS record for the worst start to a regular season.
    Well agreed the results mean nothing but overall you expect to see something in the course of a game. There just wasn't anything at all to say about this one, hence the disappointment.

No need to extrapolate though and assume we're doomed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frei
    Ecks-Califf-O'Dea-Morgan
    Frings- Cesar
    Silva
    Bekker Weshman
    Braun

Replace - Welshman and Bekker with the wide players O'Leary mentions here: Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Fran O'Leary told reporters here the club expects to sign at least a few outside players prior to March 2. #TFCLive

Add a more capable stiker that pushes Braun to the bench (possibly what Nelson is up to right now).

Not a championship team by any means, or even a strong contender of play offs... But a much improved team from last season (IF they do in fact add 2 wingers and a striker)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we buy Frings out and sign Russel at a reduced salary and play Cesar and Russel at Def mid spots.I wish we could see Welshman up front as a striker in an exhibition game.Both bennett and him have played out of postion.Russel looked okey as a leftback who is listed as a cm and rb.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not very entertaining.......needed that Carlsberg.

Happy there were no injuries.

Watching the O'Leary video and it seems obvious this was a lost cause game from the get go. Big thing is the emphasis on learning from it, which should be expected from a college coach, and our research wonk of a coach. Nice to hear.

And, this is not the team we will see in 3 weeks, or likely in 3 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    I think we buy Frings out and sign Russel at a reduced salary and play Cesar and Russel at Def mid spots.I wish we could see Welshman up front as a striker in an exhibition game.Both bennett and him have played out of postion.Russel looked okey as a leftback who is listed as a cm and rb.
    So many teams are playing with wingers now -- proper wide forwards -- that I wouldn't expect to see Welshman in many other positions. If we play a 451/433 variant, he'll probably play wide, but as a winger, not a mid or wide mid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not worried by this result. Pre-season is all about finding out the deficiencies of a team. Nelson isn't going to learn anything at all if we go and win all preseason games. A heavy loss is really what we need for Nelson to learn a lot. I've seen too many teams have a fantastic preseason and then go into the real games and look awful. Preseason can give you a real false sense sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not expecting TFC to do anything this year,Ive been down this road too many times and just going to sit back and see how they do this year, maybe they will suprise me. I hope!