RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morni <slips and bails hard on some icy/wet sidewalk>
    .. Mornin D!

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornind d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Good article, if you want a quick an easy overview of our squad issues, this is a great place to start.

Are we going to be bringing in any real difference makers?
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...t-kit-releases

MLS to hold a 'jersey week'

Tuesday, Feb. 26
    Toronto FC (Primary Kit) @ The Berkeley Church [PRIVATE EVENT]
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They did say that they wanted to bring in 2 or 3 more players that were able to play right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.globalnews.ca/sports/toro...961/story.html

Article on TFC's Manager of Operations. I'm friends with this guys old roommate back at Brock and met him on a couple of occasions. Nice guy and interesting to hear about some of the behind the scenes activities from his perspective. The comment about the arrests in Houston seems a little weird though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    http://www.globalnews.ca/sports/toro...961/story.html

Article on TFC's Manager of Operations. I'm friends with this guys old roommate back at Brock and met him on a couple of occasions. Nice guy and interesting to hear about some of the behind the scenes activities from his perspective. The comment about the arrests in Houston seems a little weird though.
    Not weird at all and hints at Soolsma's departure. Houston wasn't a one off....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty cool doc. Behind the scenes of Montreal Impact. In French though
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    Not weird at all and hints at Soolsma's departure. Houston wasn't a one off....
    The exact quote:
    If a player gets in trouble with the police, Wray hopes he is the first person called. It doesn't always work that way.
    "In Houston that didn't happen," he said, referring to a run-in last season with police by Luis Silva and the now departed Nick Soolsma and Miguel Aceval.
    "Had I been the first person, you could say that I don't think anyone would have even known about the Houston problems that we encountered."
    On his own, Wray says he is not a very good traveller. Just getting to the airport raises his blood pressure.
    I think what you're saying is that there is a potential for even more embarrassing stories about TFC floating around.

The one I would like to know, if true, is if the parents of TFCA or GTA players are opting to send their sons elsewhere other than TFCA.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...t-kit-releases

MLS to hold a 'jersey week'

Tuesday, Feb. 26
    Toronto FC (Primary Kit) @ The Berkeley Church [PRIVATE EVENT]

if only they gave us a time :P

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    The exact quote:

I think what you're saying is that there is a potential for even more embarrassing stories about TFC floating around.

The one I would like to know, if true, is if the parents of TFCA or GTA players are opting to send their sons elsewhere other than TFCA.
    YES,THEY DO,not in big numbers but they do opt to stay where they are or go to Europe and South America.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

This is pretty cool doc. Behind the scenes of Montreal Impact. In French though
    ... although the coach knows how to yell at the ref in English.

It is interesting, you rarely see these kind of details of all the people who work behind the scenes... everything tends to focus on the players. Thanks for sharing this.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto