RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes please and hurry. Alberta has had its Major Soccer League since 92 according to its site and has CSA sanction or at least partnership. Quebec has Premier League de Soccer at a D3 level started just last year. PCSL still has an American team in it which may pose a problem but the biggest question mark remains what league will represent Ontario?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mornin d
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Eric Hassli era at Toronto FC is officially over.

The Reds announced Monday afternoon that they traded the French striker and designated player to FC Dallas in exchange for a conditional second round pick in the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
    "Era"?
    "ERA?!!"
    the kid barely did anything, then he wanted out, and we kicked him to the curb like yesterdays Bread ends. . .
    Era, PFFT he turned his back on this city, if he ever wanted to come here in the first place.
    Go suck an egg HAssili. . . take your over priced ass to where we send all our has-beens and never-weres. . . Fucking Dallas. . .
    your spot and salary can be much better spent. Glad your gone.

Is there a center forward out there that WANTS to play for us?
    (and can pot 10+)

This deal gives us more flexibility, not necessarily for a DP but it does open up quite a bit of cap room, and it frees up a foreigner slot and a DP slot.
    We would prefer to have our full team together when we open the season, but that probably will not be the case," Payne admitted.
    Last edited by Technorgasm; 02-05-2013 at 08:39 AM.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/0...ebruary-3-2013

The Red v. White scrimmage is worth watching. You see some decent play set-ups and some poor defending. Nelsen's going to have his hands full trying to teach these guys to become a cohesive back-line. Not that it's un-doable, there is some potential there, on paper at least.

The match was tied and ended with PKs. Most of the PKs went in (no surprise, Frei still isn't good at stopping them). One player's didn't. Who? Only the greatest finisher in the modern era.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-05-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

The Red v. White scrimmage is worth watching. You see some decent play set-ups and some poor defending. Nelsen's going to have his hands full trying to teach these guys to become a cohesive back-line. Not that it's un-doable, there is some potential there, on paper at least.

The match was tied and ended with PKs. Most of the PKs went in (no surprise, Frei still isn't good at stopping them). One player's didn't. Who? Only the greatest finisher in the modern era.
    Apparently that wasn't Frei in net. Bendik & Q I guess.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    "Era"?
    "ERA?!!"
    It meant to say the Hassli error is over.
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Maybe I watched a different shoot out but didn't Ogbossumonde miss?

He did like a stutter step followed by another, then topped of with a stall and completed with a weak kick right at the goalie in the middle of net.

It was like watching someone F**k for the first time.

EDIT: 1:36 in the video ( I hope he doesn't F**k like he takes PK's! LOL I know it's too much right? )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHNupPVs0Ss
    Last edited by Alonso; 02-05-2013 at 09:32 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/...d/1212?cc=5901

On recent sale of MLS players to Europe and why it is a good thing
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ja ja ja!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member's thread: RPB Hotel Booking for Montreal

feel free to get ready to invade Big O
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you notice the NERDY GUY trying out in the middle? Classic...LMAO!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheerleaders? What is this, Rugby League?!?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cheerleaders? What is this, Rugby League?!?!

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha is NOTHING sacred??

Constant vigilance is required.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    "Era"?
    "ERA?!!"
    the kid barely did anything, then he wanted out, and we kicked him to the curb like yesterdays Bread ends. . .
    Era, PFFT he turned his back on this city, if he ever wanted to come here in the first place.
    Go suck an egg HAssili. . . take your over priced ass to where we send all our has-beens and never-weres. . . Fucking Dallas. . .
    your spot and salary can be much better spent. Glad your gone.

Is there a center forward out there that WANTS to play for us?
    (and can pot 10+)
    If you read some of the reports there were family issues involved. I will leave it at that and agreed, we should all move on.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Haha is NOTHING sacred??

Constant vigilance is required.
    I wouldn't really care, as long as they put them as far away from the south end as humanly possible.

There was a running joke that the raptors had the worst cheerleaders in the NBA because here they're all girlish and have a high school prep flavor, while other cities it's basically day-time stripper employment service.