Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Were you there? Do you know who the number 9 that played the second 45 was? He wore the captains armband and looked more like he was in his mid 20s rather than a u18.
    Yeh i was at the game. # 9 was Pena.
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-19-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Senior academy take on AC Diavoli on Sunday at the Meadowvale Sports centre in Mississauga. KO is 8:45 pm.
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-19-2013 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw on the tfca twitter feed that Sergio Camargo is off to play for Costal Carolina in the NCAA. I really hope these players get the proper development in college system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The leading goal scorers for the Senior team this year are Jordan Hamilton # 19 and Daniel Jodah #7 with 5 goals and they have played the least out of all the attacking players if you watch the Academy games they have consistently proven to be among the better players.Last year they were also 2 out of the 3 top scorers for the Junior team that won the CSL regular season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    The leading goal scorers for the Senior team this year are Jordan Hamilton # 19 and Daniel Jodah #7 with 5 goals and they have played the least out of all the attacking players if you watch the Academy games they have consistently proven to be among the better players.Last year they were also 2 out of the 3 top scorers for the Junior team that won the CSL regular season.
    Closely followed by Pena, Stowell and Kaye all on 3 goals each. Kaye (right) and Stowell (left) are wingers too as is Jodah. (Right side)

Two of Hamiltons goals were on a plate given from the above wingers, so I'm not sure how you can say that because they have 5 goals that they are the better players. They are strikers, its there job to score.

lets look at say Manella, he has no goals, but IMO far outclasses anything Hamilton brings to the team. He is a solid mid field Rock and a deserved captain.

Go watch a game and look at the key players names above. It won't take long before you see who the key players in that team are. :@)
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any chance if one of these kids would make it to first team roster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Several are good enough IMO, some just req a bit more maturity (as in muscle and build) although in the mens league they all give back what they get. If you get what what i mean.

We will see I suppose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

I was thinking about this earlier today. Who or when would Toronto sign it's next home grown player? I was trying to think back to when Morgan, Lindsay and Henry were playing for the academy and I don't remember them standing out anymore than the players that have come since in the Sr. Academy team. Were they much better or were they just giving an opportunity to show that they could play at the MLS level? For the past few years I always thought they were bringing along Hamilton to sign as a home grown player as he is now a veteran of two Canadian U17 teams that qualified for the WC. But he is off to College. Another striker that is coming through right now that should could be a HGP is Luca Uccello. He has 16 goals in 13 games for Jr. Academy team playing in the OSL Provincial Under 21 West. He was also the golden boat winner at the Gen Adidas cup last year. I think Luca is still pretty young, he might be 15 or 16 years old but they should be doing everything they can to help him develop and keep him within their system.

Toronto really needs to find something to fill the gap between the Sr. Academy and the first team. There are some good footballers who might not be ready or Toronto might not want to risk playing them but at the age of 18 they still have a lot of room to develop. It would shame to loose they players every year and then draft 22, 23 and 24 year olds out the NCAA who are technically much worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And speaking of the Generation Adidas Cup, is it happening this year? I think it was around this time last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed GR !!

Maybe a Toronto NASL team is the answer? A new pro team similar to the Marleys, encompassing the reserves and several Senior and if needed Jnr players, competing against Edmonton and such like, maybe play the Games at BMO when TFC are away or not scheduled to play.

Toronto United FC is born Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Closely followed by Pena, Stowell and Kaye all on 3 goals each. Kaye (right) and Stowell (left) are wingers too as is Jodah. (Right side)

Two of Hamiltons goals were on a plate given from the above wingers, so I'm not sure how you can say that because they have 5 goals that they are the better players. They are strikers, its there job to score.

lets look at say Manella, he has no goals, but IMO far outclasses anything Hamilton brings to the team. He is a solid mid field Rock and a deserved captain.

Go watch a game and look at the key players names above. It won't take long before you see who the key players in that team are. :@)
    2 of Stowell goals are own goals....and I do watch the games.Manella is definitely an excellent player and shows it every time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And speaking of the Generation Adidas Cup, is it happening this year? I think it was around this time last year.
    Normally late July ,early August.Both TFC teams made it to the finals last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    2 of Stowell goals are own goals....and I do watch the games.Manella is definitely an excellent player and shows it every time.
    You know who the good players are then ? There are a few guys who pull the strings on that team.
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-21-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another win for the Sr. team.

AC Diavoli 0 - TFCA Seniors 5 . Goals from Aparicio, Sacramento, Jodah(2) & Hamilton.

With the all of the players moving out I hope this means they will need more Academy kids for the Pittsburgh match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, no vendetta, he is a awesome striker who scores important goals. Some good goals last night, Hamilton only played last 10 mins but scored within a minute of coming on :@) Nice strike too !!

Stand out player for me last night was Jodah, unstoppable on that right wing and two goals.

TFC bossed the whole 90 mins and deserved the win 100%
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-22-2013 at 06:41 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton is an excellent player and does score good goals .Should be playing more for sure....would like to see him work harder on the field at times There is some good talent on this Senior team.For me a goal is a goal no matter how they are scored and against who.Manuel Aparico is an excellent midfield talent who has played in some of the reserve games.Right defender #16 Alain Sargeant is another player who last year played on the Reserve team and has looked good this year when he has played.Elias Roubos has also played with the reserves this year and is one for the future for sure.Coach Dichio deserves credit for having the boys playing well right now -they are unbeaten.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw on the tfca twitter feed that Sergio Camargo is off to play for Costal Carolina in the NCAA. I really hope these players get the proper development in college system.
    He had no choice but to look elsewhere to continue his development -did not look like he was going to be signed by TFC this year despite his play last year.NCAA is still a good developing platform for players -most of the MLS teams are made up of players drafted from the NCAA.
    Last edited by tiger; 07-22-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Next game, Thursday, July 25 v Ulster Thistle 9pm KO, at Lamaroo, just north of Finch Ave East in Scarborough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know why they never play academy games at bmo? I could see some people wanting to stay after a game to see te academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Anyone know why they never play academy games at bmo? I could see some people wanting to stay after a game to see te academy.
    Probably the same reason they don't practice at BMO Field - too many games on a field can really tear up the turf. Best to leave it too the training pitches, which is out of the way of the downtown area, much easier to maintain - also, interest. People may stay for reserve games, but only parents and hardcore fans may stay for the academy.

Also, they are kids - to have them play under big lights and likely drunk perstering fans probably not the most positive environment for development.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Probably the same reason they don't practice at BMO Field - too many games on a field can really tear up the turf. Best to leave it too the training pitches, which is out of the way of the downtown area, much easier to maintain - also, interest. People may stay for reserve games, but only parents and hardcore fans may stay for the academy.

Also, they are kids - to have them play under big lights and likely drunk perstering fans probably not the most positive environment for development.
    the rugby game that's going to be played on aug 24 is so going to help the grass!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA Senior team continue their good run with a resounding 4-1 Win away at Ulster Thistle. Goals scored by Jodah, Sacramento & Pena(2)
    25 Jul 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was posted on the Voyageurs forum that Michael Krzeminski who had been with Slask Wroclaw II for the past two years is back in Canada has joined the senior academy team. He is 19 years old and has been involved with the Canadian U20 team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was posted on the Voyageurs forum that Michael Krzeminski who had been with Slask Wroclaw II for the past two years is back in Canada has joined the senior academy team. He is 19 years old and has been involved with the Canadian U20 team.
    He is with the College U23 Team not the Senior Academy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Junior Academy will take on FC Gute U17 Academy (Sweden) this Thursday morning at the KIA training grounds. The FC Gute U17 plays in the strongest academy league in the country and is widely considered a top u17 team in the country. Great match-up...we can thank FFA Global for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA Tweet

TFC Please to announce that our Senior Academy team will travel to Ottawa on Friday August 2nd to play against #OttawafurySC

<anyone going who could give us a report or even a score for this game, no idea what time KO>
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-30-2013 at 05:27 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryoverClub View Post
    The Junior Academy will take on FC Gute U17 Academy (Sweden) this Thursday morning at the KIA training grounds. The FC Gute U17 plays in the strongest academy league in the country and is widely considered a top u17 team in the country. Great match-up...we can thank FFA Global for this.
    What time is kickoff for this game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    What time is kickoff for this game.
    9:00am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.gopoly.com/sports/msoc/20...20130731jdyqjp

Mackenzie Pridham on playing with the academy and first team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountryoverClub View Post
    Any reports from this match?