Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Any update on where they will play this year? I had heard that TFC had a back up plan for the CSL debacle, but I have not heard what it is.
    No idea where the Junior, Senior and u23/college team will play. They did have a team play in the OSL last year, that could be a possible destination for the u23 team.

I was reading on twitter last weekend that the u16 team had their first match of the season in Oakville and won 3-0.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yagbod View Post
    Any update on where they will play this year? I had heard that TFC had a back up plan for the CSL debacle, but I have not heard what it is.
    Junior academy will play in OSL regardless what happens with CSL reserve league.

Sigma academy U16,U17 teams are playing OSL U21 regional,and U18 up to 1st team OSL Provincial level,so I'm sure TFC realized that would be better option for junior academy than CSL reserve league and sign them up already.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    There will be a show on GOLTV tonight about the recent open tryouts for the academy. Here is a teaser video.

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/0...y-open-tryouts

Open tryouts my ass,that was pure 100% PR and marketing scheme to get enough data(emails) so they can advertize TFC March Break and Summer camps.

No one was picked up and all participants received generic email were they cc to up to 30 parents at the time instead of personal emails,and of course all participants got voucher for 30% off for march break and summer camps.

Just when you think they are about to do something right,TFC manages to screw up once again and makes sure that parents with really talented kids stay away from them.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could learn from the Galaxy's recent announcement http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2013/02...ademy-alliance.
    They need to drag the net wider.

Jason DeVos says that TFC have had absolutely nothing to do with the soon to be OPDL. Disappointing. They should be taking the lead as the top of the pyramid the way the Caps do with the BCHPL in Vancouver.

I know TFC have their CAP, but to my knowledge, it's never really done anything.

Their new facility seems to be the only thing they can talk about/do properly.

I see Sigma FC just announced 2 players are off to UConn, besides possibly Mark Wadid at Penn State, are there any TFC players off to the NCAA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Unaware of that, I know he was still playing for his OYSL team and the provincial team on at least a semi-regular basis until few months ago.

Just saw this on Red Nation Online. It's about Luca and his brother Michael joining TFCA.

http://rednationonline.ca/Articles20...einCanada.aspx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Armen Bedakian of Red Nation Online: TFC Academy player Tyler Pasher has left TFC academy

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian Update on Tyler Pasher - looks like the leftback has indeed been cut from Toronto FC. #TFC #MLS #TFClive

https://twitter.com/ArmenBedakian/st...82432460513281

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    According to Armen Bedakian of Red Nation Online: TFC Academy player Tyler Pasher has left TFC academy

Armen Bedakian ‏@ArmenBedakian Update on Tyler Pasher - looks like the leftback has indeed been cut from Toronto FC. #TFC #MLS #TFClive

Hope he at least goes the NCAA route

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post

SO,here how it works,TFCA asks parents/players to sign letter of commitment for 1 year and asking players and parents for 100% commitment only to cut 4 U16 boys only one month into a year.
    They demoted 4 '98 boys to '99 team,2 boys'99 to 2000,dropped one kid from'99 to 200 because he wasn't good(read big) enough,only to cut him from 2000 two weeks later because he was to advance for 2000.
    What TFCA is doing right now is simply chasing away very talented players and their parents to stay away from TFCA,and that's shame.
    If they really want to have this academy running,TFC should hire coaches from Europe or USA,experience coaches who don't have agendas and do not bring players from their former rep teams only,if TFC wants to have local coaches at TFCA,that's fine but only as assistant coaches not head coaches.I have a bad feeling by the time they get their shit together many,many good kids will and up at Montreal,Vancouver or Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    SO,here how it works,TFCA asks parents/players to sign letter of commitment for 1 year and asking players and parents for 100% commitment only to cut 4 U16 boys only one month into a year.
    They demoted 4 '98 boys to '99 team,2 boys'99 to 2000,dropped one kid from'99 to 200 because he wasn't good(read big) enough,only to cut him from 2000 two weeks later because he was to advance for 2000.
    What TFCA is doing right now is simply chasing away very talented players and their parents to stay away from TFCA,and that's shame.
    If they really want to have this academy running,TFC should hire coaches from Europe or USA,experience coaches who don't have agendas and do not bring players from their former rep teams only,if TFC wants to have local coaches at TFCA,that's fine but only as assistant coaches not head coaches.I have a bad feeling by the time they get their shit together many,many good kids will and up at Montreal,Vancouver or Europe.
    denime, I see 2 Sigma players signed for UConn this week. Is your son still with them?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard it from two sources now but I don't know the details just yet.

Both sources tell me that Pasher has left Toronto FC. Who asked for what, I'm not quite sure.

I'll keep you posted, of course!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC Academy is just for show...when you thought it wasn't possible for them screw up another thing, it's looking more and more likely they are now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im manager of Toronto Croatia in the CSL......last year senior academy team had the best team since TFC has entered the CSL....although last year senior academy team was u-23....i could tell you Danny Dichio has been doing a great job with th boys

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim Brennan has done a good job with the reserve team in the CSL as well.. ^ and nice to see you join Ivan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah while jimmy b was coach of the TFC junior academy coach.....how do you kno my name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Manager87 View Post
    Yah while jimmy b was coach of the TFC junior academy coach.....how do you kno my name?
    wikipedia search?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

yes, last year was the best team they put on, but from a talented kids perspective, what is the point of joining TFC academy if it is not going to get you anywhere? I've watched academy games..it is easy to pick out who some of the more talented players are on the team; to the point that they have gone as far as they can developing wise playing in the CSL and need a next level. That next level is MLS. which to be fair, is probably too big of a step to make right away, so now you have kids that are leaving the academy like Vukovic and now Pasher and what are they to do?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    denime, I see 2 Sigma players signed for UConn this week. Is your son still with them?
    Yes they did signed 2 players for UConn and they signed 19 years old Manjrekar James in Hungarian First Division with PMFC.

My son is not with Sigma anymore,he hit a growth spurt last year and he was suffering for the most of the year,for last 3-4 months he took some time off from soccer,we concentrated on physio and agility and in March he is going two weeks to train with Man.City after that will see.

For the sake of TFC long term success I wish they really stop using TFCA as PR and marketing to sell their March break and summer camps and concentrate on development.
    How much they have no interest in that is the fact that TFCA will not be a part of new OPDL.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    wikipedia search?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

yes, last year was the best team they put on, but from a talented kids perspective, what is the point of joining TFC academy if it is not going to get you anywhere? I've watched academy games..it is easy to pick out who some of the more talented players are on the team; to the point that they have gone as far as they can developing wise playing in the CSL and need a next level. That next level is MLS. which to be fair, is probably too big of a step to make right away, so now you have kids that are leaving the academy like Vukovic and now Pasher and what are they to do?
    TFC needs U21 academy team,just like most of MLS teams,so that boys like Vukovic and Pasher have few more years to develop before big step to MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From my understanding as of the upcoming CSL season TFC academy has gone back to U21 or U20 as last year they fielded a U23 team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC needs U21 academy team,just like most of MLS teams,so that boys like Vukovic and Pasher have few more years to develop before big step to MLS.
    last year basically was that; this year they have a u23/college team; it's mind boggling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes they did signed 2 players for UConn and they signed 19 years old Manjrekar James in Hungarian First Division with PMFC.

My son is not with Sigma anymore,he hit a growth spurt last year and he was suffering for the most of the year,for last 3-4 months he took some time off from soccer,we concentrated on physio and agility and in March he is going two weeks to train with Man.City after that will see.

For the sake of TFC long term success I wish they really stop using TFCA as PR and marketing to sell their March break and summer camps and concentrate on development.
    How much they have no interest in that is the fact that TFCA will not be a part of new OPDL.
    Amazing, we played on the same team from 12-14 or so. Although he was great when we played together he was the second best of the two CBs. But good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lads won their first of three friendlies this past Saturday, 4-1. Can't remember the club. The next two are to be played Tuesday, and Thursday, both against u17 Costa Rica. Ucello found the back of the net twice in his Youth International debut.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
    The lads won their first of three friendlies this past Saturday, 4-1. Can't remember the club. The next two are to be played Tuesday, and Thursday, both against u17 Costa Rica. Ucello found the back of the net twice in his Youth International debut.
    What time and where are these games being played this week?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeR View Post
    coming off the bench no less

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/2/2...the-dallas-cup

TFC Academy is playing in the Milk Cup again
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you mean the Dallas Cup?
    Where is there anything in that article about the Milk Cup in N.I?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well this is interesting timing wise. The u17mnt is playing at concacaf from April 6-19. They get together for a camp starting March 30. Considering that TFCA have sent 5-6 players to each u17 camp, who will go to the Dallas Cup and the AEGON Future Cup tournament? I guess this will open the door for other 96s and 97s to go to the AEGON. Probably enough 94s and 95s around to go to Dallas. Is this going to turn into a club vs country thing?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/more/sportsnet-live/

U20 match on now.

1-0 on Dylan Carreiro strike
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesnt Tfc just buy Sigma!??, and pump more money in since they are already doing a better job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm unclear why Toronto has not joined the USSDA like every other MLS club. The MLS/USSF also rates the academies every year, so it would allow the team to benchmark itself against the best practices of the entire league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dub Narcotic View Post
    I'm unclear why Toronto has not joined the USSDA like every other MLS club. The MLS/USSF also rates the academies every year, so it would allow the team to benchmark itself against the best practices of the entire league.
    TFC academy is one of best in MLS. They proven it through signings to first team and doing well in MLS academy tournament (can't remember what they call it). TFC playing against men (CSL) is providing valuable experience and it's provide good competition to our teams. Also, it cheaper to play locally while culturally helps develop some pride playing for Toronto and in Toronto/Ontario.