Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    junior team lost to sigma today...ex tfc academy player, mark wadid scored...glad tfc can hold onto their talented academy kids /not
    He is going to university in the US in a couple of months and decided to leave Toronto. Also, last time the junior team played sigma they won 7-0, so take your sarcasm and do one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be heading to watch the senior academy play this afternoon. What are the facilities like at the limonata turf pitch? Is there stands / seating there?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    He is going to university in the US in a couple of months and decided to leave Toronto. Also, last time the junior team played sigma they won 7-0, so take your sarcasm and do one.
    Last time junior team played Sigma "96 team,this time they played Sigma '95 team and lost.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots of players played on the academy team last year that went to university...he led the junior team in goals last year and has been a junior national team call up...so why he couldn't play with tfc academy this year, when he was on the list in april...explain that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Might be heading to watch the senior academy play this afternoon. What are the facilities like at the limonata turf pitch? Is there stands / seating there?
    Field one has a small stand, the rest is standing room only. Bit like the south east corner. Lol

Should be a good game, the five reserve boys are back now too.

KO is at 5pm
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 06-15-2013 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post
    Field one has a small stand, the rest is standing room only. Bit like the south east corner. Lol

Should be a good game, the five reserve boys are back now too.

KO is at 5pm
    might have to leave the wife and baby at home if its standing only. Theyre not playing on field one right? I was hoping to use this as a gauge to see how the baby logistics of gameday went.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    might have to leave the wife and baby at home if its standing only. Theyre not playing on field one right? I was hoping to use this as a gauge to see how the baby logistics of gameday went.
    It says Lamota, but last time it said that they played on field one. It's a 50/50 IMO.

A win today will put them top of the OSL Prem elite.
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 06-15-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA won 5-1, it could have been 10 but for the AC goalies bravery.

TFC move top by one point :@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC seniors v Sigma at Limota Turf KTG at 5pm Saturday.

Sigma sit one point behind TFCA with Calendon and Woodbridge. This one will be a close game. ;@)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC seniors v Sigma at Limota Turf KTG at 5pm Saturday.

Sigma sit one point behind TFCA with Calendon and Woodbridge. This one will be a close game. ;@)
    Any idea hwere Limota Turf is? Can't seem to find anything on that place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Any idea hwere Limota Turf is? Can't seem to find anything on that place.
    I think it is one of the pitches at Downsview?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the Turf field on the left of the TFC traning/Academy building at Downsview.

Thomas Rongan TFCa update:
    http://t.co/vrktFOobD2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone make it out toe ht Sr. game today? Hoping to catch a few before I move.

Toronto FC Academy@tfcacademy1h
    TFCA Seniors beat Sigma FC 3-2 to remain unbeaten this year with Goals from Hamilton, (OG) & Pena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone make it out toe ht Sr. game today? Hoping to catch a few before I move.

Toronto FC Academy@tfcacademy1h
    TFCA Seniors beat Sigma FC 3-2 to remain unbeaten this year with Goals from Hamilton, (OG) & Pena
    Sure did, and what a great game that one was.

Sigma took the lead with an early penalty. TFC then drew level with a volley from outa the box.

TFC then gave away the ball in their own half and paid the price, 2-1 Sigma. Just before HT TFC left winger drove a ball into the area, clipped a Sigma defender and pinged into the net OG and 2-2 HT

Second half was end to end stuff. TFC scored from another drive across the 8 yard box, touched in at the far post. 3-2. Lots of Sigma pressure and big clearances right up till the 93 min. :@)

Great game !!! Worthy win !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@torontofc @CanadianForces TFC Srs kick off vs. Forces All Star Squad. Supporting "the reds" x2!!! pic.twitter.com/zPwjLikxX2
    4:46pm - 27 Jun 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the most recent academy update on youtube and Rongen said that Jordan Hamilton will be going to the University of Maryland. Also, Kevon Black to Duke.
    Last edited by Greatest Ripoff; 07-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA Senior team travel to the Hershey Centre tonight to play SIGMA FC in a top of the table league game between two good sides(9pm KO).
    6:28pm - 10 Jul 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA Senior team travel to the Hershey Centre tonight to play SIGMA FC in a top of the table league game between two good sides(9pm KO).
    6:28pm - 10 Jul 13

If you go, give us a report.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure, but I believe this is the Summer team made up of local college kids looking to keep up their training, who are training at Downsview. Exhibition games only so nobody loses any elibibility. Found on the OSL website. http://www.ontariosl.com/MyTeam_Schedule.aspx

Toronto F.C. Ex.
    # Div Day Date KO Field Home Team Away Team
    1306 TFC Fri Jul 12 20:00 Downsview Turf 3 Toronto F.C. Ex. Richmond Hill Madrid
    1271 TFC Mon Jul 22 21:00 Downsview Turf 1 Toronto F.C. Ex. Ulster Thistle
    1273 TFC Fri Jul 26 20:00 Downsview Turf 3 Toronto F.C. Ex. Woodbridge Strikers
    1276 TFC Sun Dec 29 21:00 Downsview Turf 1 Toronto F.C. Ex. Sigma FC
    1274 TFC Mon Dec 30 21:00 Downsview Turf 1 Toronto F.C. Ex. NY Hearts
    1272 TFC Tue Dec 31 20:00 Downsview Turf 3 Toronto F.C. Ex. GS United

Not sure about those last 3 games....might be a bit cold.

If this is the team I think it is, I seem to remember that the Sigma game versus them last year was a bit of a blood bath.

Not really an academy team ...more of a support to players in the community.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-10-2013 at 09:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An Entertaining game of football between TFCA Seniors & SIGMA FC results in 2-2 tie. Goals from Aparicio & Stowell for TFCA.

Lots of chances to win the game by both teams, only thwarted by some amazing goalkeeping from both sides keepers. Fair result IMO.
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-11-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFCA senior team v PCC Mississauga

Kia Training Ground. Downsview. July 13, 2013 KO 5:00 pm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is Sergio Camargo with the academy? cause im not sure if he actually joined Waterloo.... this player looked so promising, do we just like prefer to get rid of promising youngsters and sign college players in their mid 20's?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup he played today

TFCA Seniors Win against PCC Mississauga 4-0 with goals from Stowell, Jodah, Hamilton & Camargo
    #tfcacademy
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-13-2013 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the senior game yesterday. It was my first of the season and first time I had be to a match at downsview that was on one of TFC's grass pitches. I am not sure how bad Mississauga are but Toronto completely dominated. I wouldn't be surprised if the position was 70-30 in favour of toronto. Mississauga did create a few chances from the counter attack.

There a few players from last year that were still on the team. Eli Roubos looks like he has grown a bit but is still very tall and thin. He is a central defender who i good in the air and very comfortable with the ball on his feet, either passing or dribbling forward. He played the full 90 and looked very good. He has played a bit with the reserves this year and hopefully can get the start against Pittsburgh in a couple of week. Another player from last year that played yesterday was Sergio Camargo. He played the second 45 as a central attacking midfielder. He looked good and got forward a lot to help out the loan striker. His goal was created by a run into the box, the ball was passed by the striker to had held it up in the area. I can't remember is Chris Mannella had played with the senior side last year but I have seen him a few times playing for the reserves. He was the captain for the first 45 minutes and played as part of a pair in the central midfield. He looked very strong on the ball and and did a good job of linking with the defense and distributing the ball. He is strong on the ball and was able to hold off defenders.

There were a couple of players I was unfamiliar with that really caught my eye. Matt Stowell who scored the first goal played left wing and was constantly getting in behind the Mississauga defence. Toronto were sending in diagonal ball and sliding passing down the flank that kept sending Stowell in on his own. He would also cut in a lot with the ball to create chances on the inside. I would like to see him play against some better teams to judge how good he really is. The other player I really like was the striker that played in the first 45 who wore #11. He wasn't small but he also wasn't a really big player. He had great close controt of the ball and was able dribble in and around the penalty area and and linked up well with Stowell, sometime ending up out the on the flank and sliding balls into Stowell in the box. I couldn't see if he was the scorer of the second goal or if it was the right winger who wore #7, but he was definitely involved in that play. Number 11 only played the first half but looked very dangerous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we really going to let Jordan Hamilton just schlep off to NCAA? What's the point of having an academy if we don't make use of our best prospects?

Whitecaps have signed their best ones and loaned them out in USL. Will TFC pull it's head out of it's ass long enough to figure out a way to provide it's best young players with experience who are promising but not ready for MLS yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Are we really going to let Jordan Hamilton just schlep off to NCAA? What's the point of having an academy if we don't make use of our best prospects?

Whitecaps have signed their best ones and loaned them out in USL. Will TFC pull it's head out of it's ass long enough to figure out a way to provide it's best young players with experience who are promising but not ready for MLS yet?
    What are you going on about? TFC maintain homegrown player rights to young players going off to NCAA. A year or 2 (at the most) is a good development pathway right now. Are these 17 year old kids going to get playing time in USl right now? Probably not.

Caleb Clarke played a total of about 30 minutes in the last year as a whitecap before just recently getting loaned in Germany.

I don't want TFC academy players (aside from training) anywhere near the first team with the mess it is at the moment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post
    What are you going on about? TFC maintain homegrown player rights to young players going off to NCAA. A year or 2 (at the most) is a good development pathway right now. Are these 17 year old kids going to get playing time in USl right now? Probably not.

Caleb Clarke played a total of about 30 minutes in the last year as a whitecap before just recently getting loaned in Germany.

I don't want TFC academy players (aside from training) anywhere near the first team with the mess it is at the moment.
    Yeah there's no point signing academy players until you can be sure they'll contribute at the MLS level. Better to go off to the NCAA for a couple years than what happened to Stinson, Makubuya, Cordon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went to the senior game yesterday. It was my first of the season and first time I had be to a match at downsview that was on one of TFC's grass pitches. I am not sure how bad Mississauga are but Toronto completely dominated. I wouldn't be surprised if the position was 70-30 in favour of toronto. Mississauga did create a few chances from the counter attack.

There a few players from last year that were still on the team. Eli Roubos looks like he has grown a bit but is still very tall and thin. He is a central defender who i good in the air and very comfortable with the ball on his feet, either passing or dribbling forward. He played the full 90 and looked very good. He has played a bit with the reserves this year and hopefully can get the start against Pittsburgh in a couple of week. Another player from last year that played yesterday was Sergio Camargo. He played the second 45 as a central attacking midfielder. He looked good and got forward a lot to help out the loan striker. His goal was created by a run into the box, the ball was passed by the striker to had held it up in the area. I can't remember is Chris Mannella had played with the senior side last year but I have seen him a few times playing for the reserves. He was the captain for the first 45 minutes and played as part of a pair in the central midfield. He looked very strong on the ball and and did a good job of linking with the defense and distributing the ball. He is strong on the ball and was able to hold off defenders.

There were a couple of players I was unfamiliar with that really caught my eye. Matt Stowell who scored the first goal played left wing and was constantly getting in behind the Mississauga defence. Toronto were sending in diagonal ball and sliding passing down the flank that kept sending Stowell in on his own. He would also cut in a lot with the ball to create chances on the inside. I would like to see him play against some better teams to judge how good he really is. The other player I really like was the striker that played in the first 45 who wore #11. He wasn't small but he also wasn't a really big player. He had great close controt of the ball and was able dribble in and around the penalty area and and linked up well with Stowell, sometime ending up out the on the flank and sliding balls into Stowell in the box. I couldn't see if he was the scorer of the second goal or if it was the right winger who wore #7, but he was definitely involved in that play. Number 11 only played the first half but looked very dangerous.
    That left winger, Stowell, plays like that every game I have seen, very consistent and always causing trouble with his speed on the wing and hounding of the goal area. He also scored twice against Sigma, who are a better team IMO.

Number 11 is Mark Anthony, he usually plays right wing but he has been up front for a few games now.

Would be interesting to see all of the above compete in a reserve game. I think a few eyes would be opened to what sits waiting in the background at the Kia TG

PS. That was a Turf field, a good one mind but Turf not grass :@)
    Last edited by Leedsoronto; 07-15-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerpro View Post

They retain homegrown rights only if the player continues to train on occasion with TFC. Several prior players have declined to do so.

NCAA is no place for anyone to develop. The season is short, the rules are bastardized, and the talent pool is diluted. Is Clarke going on loan not an example of exactly what TFC should be trying to do? They've also stashed Alderson and Fisk in the USL and that's a much better way to control the development of your prospects than sending them off to college. I see no reason why a kid who wants to make it as a pro shouldn't be trying USL instead of NCAA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That left winger, Stowell, plays like that every game I have seen, very consistent and always causing trouble with his speed on the wing and hounding of the goal area. He also scored twice against Sigma, who are a better team IMO.

Number 11 is Mark Anthony, he usually plays right wing but he has been up front for a few games now.

Would be interesting to see all of the above compete in a reserve game. I think a few eyes would be opened to what sits waiting in the background at the Kia TG

PS. That was a Turf field, a good one mind but Turf not grass :@)
    Were you there? Do you know who the number 9 that played the second 45 was? He wore the captains armband and looked more like he was in his mid 20s rather than a u18.