Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's late Kev but I would've gone Jack Mac. TFC's offensive production is very inconsistent in terms of how they create chances/goals so I find Earnshaw a big risk. At least I know Philly is looking for Jack Mac. McInerney is every bit the opportunist Earnshaw is with a better strike partner for his game (Conor Casey) and better midfield play.

I had all 11 of my guys on double games but got the shaft as Ricardo Clark didn't play and Rodney Wallace only made a substitute appearance. The 70th and 77th minute goals by Portland and Dallas screwed me out of 3 clean sheets as did the late Seattle goal. All in all 6 clean sheets lost (1 for my GK, 4 for my D and 1 for my midfield).

I'm now likely going to sub out Clark for Okugo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    double week this week, hope everyone took advantage and got as many 2 game players in their lineup.

Yeah I have 10 playing twice. But I still sucked the hind tit on first round of matches. (Below the average pts gotten so far)

damnit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's late Kev but I would've gone Jack Mac. TFC's offensive production is very inconsistent in terms of how they create chances/goals so I find Earnshaw a big risk. At least I know Philly is looking for Jack Mac. McInerney is every bit the opportunist Earnshaw is with a better strike partner for his game (Conor Casey) and better midfield play.

I had all 11 of my guys on double games but got the shaft as Ricardo Clark didn't play and Rodney Wallace only made a substitute appearance. The 70th and 77th minute goals by Portland and Dallas screwed me out of 3 clean sheets as did the late Seattle goal. All in all 6 clean sheets lost (1 for my GK, 4 for my D and 1 for my midfield).

I'm now likely going to sub out Clark for Okugo.

Yeah I unloaded Earnshaw... I see a drought of epic proportions until Koevs comes back.

I like Okugo to. Adding him back on next week (Took him out because he only played once this week)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yulp.. philly double game next week, both Okugo and Jack Mac will get starts...

i'll hold on to earnshaw for now.. got him cheap...
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luckily put Wondo as my captain for this week...sorry all haha.

Im surprisingly doing well in this, considering I really didn't know any players besides the TFC ones this year

And according to MLS we are 2nd last to Chivas on our point averages
    Last edited by Voodooman; 05-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    yulp.. philly double game next week, both Okugo and Jack Mac will get starts...

i'll hold on to earnshaw for now.. got him cheap...
    Jahn is a good trade out for Earnshaw and you have some bucks left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished last week with 112 points. If I captained Wallace I could've been at 131. Now up to 7th in the Rednation Online H2H league and 28th overall on the TFC fans league.

Short week this week with Philly and LA playing 2 games.

EDIT: stat corrections were applied to a few players. Check your score you may have had positive changes. I went up 7 points (119 total) and moved up a spot in the TFC supporters league. I'm coming for you PekExpress!
    Last edited by Stouffville_RPB; 05-15-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finished last week with 112 points. If I captained Wallace I could've been at 131. Now up to 7th in the Rednation Online H2H league and 28th overall on the TFC fans league.

Short week this week with Philly and LA playing 2 games.

EDIT: stat corrections were applied to a few players. Check your score you may have had positive changes. I went up 7 points (119 total) and moved up a spot in the TFC supporters league. I'm coming for you PekExpress!
    Crap, nice job!

Mine jumped 5 but 82 isn't great for this round.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting in the top 30 in our group...im happy with that so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rounds 15 and 16 are closing in fast.

Round 15 has 9 teams on a bye. Round 16 has 4 teams that play twice in the week. It is going to be tough to set up fantasy teams for those weeks. Also given that when you transfer a player you loose 50% of the accumulated value, transferring players out temporarily will cost you money and you may not be able to afford to rebuild you team with players that are producing points.

I'm not sure how I am going to approach these rounds. I am leaning on fielding a team with some players that are on a bye and taking a hit on points in order to keep the core of the team together, setting up my team up to take advantage of round 16's double games.

I would like to see others ideas for round 15 and 16.

Any thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ You're doing too well for me to be offering any advice to you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, These rounds are driving me crazy, I have been thinking about them for weeks. I am looking for a fresh perspective.

I think i'm an addict to fantasy soccer. I know it sounds really odd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I am too, I get it. The strange scheduling in these gameweeks makes it a whole different animal from the EPL version. I haven't looked that far ahead in the schedule but I'll look and see if I have any thoughts. (I'm Lombardo's Hair btw).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally in top 1000. These byes and frequent doubles make it trickier and more involving than Fantasy Premier League, I have to keep a .doc to keep track of what I have to do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been thinking about creating a spreadsheet for the same reasons. Just tough to keep things in order.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgesico View Post
    Rounds 15 and 16 are closing in fast.

Round 15 has 9 teams on a bye. Round 16 has 4 teams that play twice in the week. It is going to be tough to set up fantasy teams for those weeks. Also given that when you transfer a player you loose 50% of the accumulated value, transferring players out temporarily will cost you money and you may not be able to afford to rebuild you team with players that are producing points.

I'm not sure how I am going to approach these rounds. I am leaning on fielding a team with some players that are on a bye and taking a hit on points in order to keep the core of the team together, setting up my team up to take advantage of round 16's double games.

I would like to see others ideas for round 15 and 16.

Any thoughts?
    Look at the few teams that play both those weeks and beyond. Crew, Timbers, Galaxy, Revs. And of course be careful of International participants in general. Have a plan for weeks ahead of time because it's often a multi-week prep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The trick is to keep a couple of productive players and players that you would lose at least $.5M in transfer value if you were to trade Remember that you will always have at least 3 players and one goaltender out every week, so its okay to keep some of them in reserve and not play them for a week while rejuggling the rest of your roster. One option I am considering is to tweak my lineup leading up to the round 15, then use my wildcard during round 16 to max out double players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice choice in captain this round Mr. Lombardo's Hair. Congratulations, I didn't have the guts to do that this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was trying to hold onto my wildcard for the Gold Cup, I guess i just want to have my cake and eat it too. It's definitely a balancing act.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice choice in captain this round Mr. Lombardo's Hair. Congratulations, I didn't have the guts to do that this week.
    I had a feeling they were going to rely on him to score since they have some knocks up front, and Keane was listed as possibly not playing. Then Keane played anyway of course, but it still worked out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I had a feeling they were going to rely on him to score since they have some knocks up front, and Keane was listed as possibly not playing. Then Keane played anyway of course, but it still worked out.

I had him as my Captain to.

My strategy going into next week is to use my 2 free transfers to add guys who will play twice in round 16, and then do that again after round 15, all while keeping the guys that I already have that will play twice.

Pretty simple and obvious, but easier said then done. There is a lot to consider.

This is my first time playing Fantasy League of any kind, and the last time there were a bunch of teams playing twice in the week I loaded up on players that played twice in the week. I had 10 guys on my starting lineup who played twice that week.

I made 3 non-free transfers and ate -12 hoping that they would each get at least 2 pts per game to break even. My thinking was that if one of them had a break out week I'd end up on top. I basically broke even, and am thinking that it's worth doing especially if your adding someone like Keane, Donovan, Henry, Wondo, Zusi, Colin etc... who can occasionally have a huge week at 12+ pts per game.

As for the 50% knock of the value gained from a player after transferring him, for some reason, I made all these transfers and went from a team value of $102.9M to $102.5 after all the transfers. A week later, my team is valued at $103M, so it seems that the guys I transferred for have all increased in value over last week and I came out with a more valuable team after subbing out all those players.

Too early to tell, but it looks like I sold Earnshaw just in time.

I'll pick up Earnshaw again when Koevs comes back and his value has dropped again. Buy low.... sell high.

Edit: What I don't get is that the week isn't over and people haven't had the chance to make transfers, and the value of my team is increasing substantially... My team is now at $103.2M , there has to be something else driving up the value of my players besides supply and demand since that hasn't had a chance to be reflected yet since transferring is not allowed right now...
    Last edited by Alonso; 05-16-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They do a daily revision of the transfers for each player. Apparently 114 transfers up or down in a 24 hour period equals +/- 0.1M to the player's price. They put some holds on players that are injured or 'other' reasons I can't fathom. I look at Robbie Keane's transfer history and the numbers don't add up. I find with a lot of the marquee players the transfer rules don't seem to apply.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Edit: What I don't get is that the week isn't over and people haven't had the chance to make transfers, and the value of my team is increasing substantially... My team is now at $103.2M , there has to be something else driving up the value of my players besides supply and demand since that hasn't had a chance to be reflected yet since transferring is not allowed right now...
    The ability to transfer players is never halted. It simply rolls over to the next round. Round 12 transfer deadline was 7:15 pm EDT Wednesday May, 15th , any transfers after 7:15 PM on Wednesday would be attributed to week 13. Some people are setting their teams up for next weeks round early or they didn't realize that the transfer deadline was actually Wednesday rather than what would normally be Saturday (I think this is the case in some of the transfers in this situation).

On occasion I have taken a gamble with hot players who's value is on the rise and transferred early to take advantage of lower values. This is risky since he may not have played during the round at that point and there is a possibility of being injured while you have already burned your transfer for the next round.

The increase in value for a player is based on transfers in and out to make up a net transfer number. When that number represents 1.8 percent of the overall managers in the league there will be a change of $0.1M. That number (1.8%) is adjusted when a player is injured, as in the case of Keane. Link to MLS FSM explanation.

I'm not convinced that the 1.8% is based on the overall managers in the league as suggested by the FSM organizers. I think it might be based on the percent of owners for that particular player. I currently have Quillan Roberts as my backup keeper. He has a net transfer of -23. He has dropped in value $.02M. 23 does not represent 1.8% of overall managers in the league. That number would be 392 based on 21 832 players. So I really do not know exactly how value is calculated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ability to transfer players is never halted. It simply rolls over to the next round. Round 12 transfer deadline was 7:15 pm EDT Wednesday May, 15th , any transfers after 7:15 PM on Wednesday would be attributed to week 13. Some people are setting their teams up for next weeks round early or they didn't realize that the transfer deadline was actually Wednesday rather than what would normally be Saturday (I think this is the case in some of the transfers in this situation).

On occasion I have taken a gamble with hot players who's value is on the rise and transferred early to take advantage of lower values. This is risky since he may not have played during the round at that point and there is a possibility of being injured while you have already burned your transfer for the next round.

The increase in value for a player is based on transfers in and out to make up a net transfer number. When that number represents 1.8 percent of the overall managers in the league there will be a change of $0.1M. That number (1.8%) is adjusted when a player is injured, as in the case of Keane. Link to MLS FSM explanation.

I'm not convinced that the 1.8% is based on the overall managers in the league as suggested by the FSM organizers. I think it might be based on the percent of owners for that particular player. I currently have Quillan Roberts as my backup keeper. He has a net transfer of -23. He has dropped in value $.02M. 23 does not represent 1.8% of overall managers in the league. That number would be 392 based on 21 832 players. So I really do not know exactly how value is calculated.

Thanks for that... That makes sense. So transferring players early gets you a bite at the apple first, and could mean an extra $0.2 or so in value to your team if tons of others follow suit later in the week.

Good to know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    So transferring players early gets you a bite at the apple first, and could mean an extra $0.2 or so in value to your team if tons of others follow suit later in the week.
    Not only that but since currently there is a cap of .03M change in a week. If you transfer in late when the value has already increased you will loose out on potential value.

Note: There is talk that the .03M cap may be increased along with other potential changes Link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your welcome

Not only that but since currently there is a cap of .03M change in a week. If you transfer in late when the value has already increased you will loose out on potential value.

Note: There is talk that the .03M cap may be increased along with other potential changes Link

Also very good to know....

I didn't realize that their was a cap on the increased value of a player within a given week.

These little things make a very big difference over time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL, These rounds are driving me crazy, I have been thinking about them for weeks. I am looking for a fresh perspective.

I think i'm an addict to fantasy soccer. I know it sounds really odd.
    I've been trying to plan for the next few weeks for a while now (especially round 15) and I can't find a way to field a complete team without dismantling what I've taken the season to accomplish. I think most people will be in the same boat so I'm just going to field as many as I can and suck it up that my point total will suck (and hope I won't be the only one).

EDIT: just say this http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...you-crumble-mi
    it may help some of you out over the next few weeks
    Last edited by Stouffville_RPB; 05-22-2013 at 12:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been trying to plan for the next few weeks for a while now (especially round 15) and I can't find a way to field a complete team without dismantling what I've taken the season to accomplish. I think most people will be in the same boat so I'm just going to field as many as I can and suck it up that my point total will suck
    That is exactly the approach I was going to employ for weeks 15-16 until last week. This past week put me behind the 8 ball a bit and I need to make up or at least not loose ground in those rounds.

My theory is that players on the US national team are going to national camp on the 26th through June 2 (some players will probably play on the 26th for their home clubs) KC is also on a bye for rounds 15 and 16. If you have Zuzi he will not be getting points for at least 3 rounds (if he plays on May 26th, if he does not it will be 4 rounds) I believe that people will be transferring players out to free up space and save on potential value drops on Zuzi and other players on the US national team. US also has WQ Qualifiers in Jamaica (June 7 in Kingston), Panama (June 11 in Seattle) and Honduras (June 18 in Salt Lake City). The team has not been announced for these dates (as far as I know) but it is likely to be similar to the camp starting on the 26th. So players like Davis, Gonzalez and so on may not be playing in MLS until June 22 or round 17.

If player values do not decrease I am building my team to increase in value to help offset the cost of getting the players I dropped back when needed.

I hope it works, it's going to be a make or break month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is exactly the approach I was going to employ for weeks 15-16 until last week. This past week put me behind the 8 ball a bit and I need to make up or at least not loose ground in those rounds.

My theory is that players on the US national team are going to national camp on the 26th through June 2 (some players will probably play on the 26th for their home clubs) KC is also on a bye for rounds 15 and 16. If you have Zuzi he will not be getting points for at least 3 rounds (if he plays on May 26th, if he does not it will be 4 rounds) I believe that people will be transferring players out to free up space and save on potential value drops on Zuzi and other players on the US national team. US also has WQ Qualifiers in Jamaica (June 7 in Kingston), Panama (June 11 in Seattle) and Honduras (June 18 in Salt Lake City). The team has not been announced for these dates (as far as I know) but it is likely to be similar to the camp starting on the 26th. So players like Davis, Gonzalez and so on may not be playing in MLS until June 22 or round 17.

If player values do not decrease I am building my team to increase in value to help offset the cost of getting the players I dropped back when needed.

I hope it works, it's going to be a make or break month.

Yeah I dropped Zusi this week because of this and will drop Colin for two weeks as well.

I'm thinking their value will go down because a lot of people will do this, and hoping that I can buy them back cheaper then what I sold them for....

It's going to be real tricky to juggle this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Note: Last year I tried that and the values never seemed to drop as much as they should have for the number of managers dropping those players. Kind of like the magic allocation money LAG and NYRB get. I recommend keeping the two players you like the most and will net you the most points and simply use the other players in your pool. Remember, you have 15 players in your pool and you can only play 11 at any one time...