Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone heard anything on Robbie Keane's injury last night? It looked to be a hip flexor injury. He said he would probably get a scan today.

The injury was not last night as I stated earlier, it was during the Portland game on Sat.
    Last edited by Rodgesico; 07-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgesico View Post
    I have not been able to log into the site since Saturday via my laptop. Have used multiple browsers. Had to resort to logging in using my iPad. There was reference to a log in problem on MLS Fantasy Soccer Twitter account this weekend asking for patience and to use the mobile site in the meantime.

Yeah you're right I just checked twittter:
    There is an issue affecting a small group of users. Our login service partner is working to resolve the problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    I cleared my cookies and my cache but still the same problem... I am eternally logging in but not being taken to my team as usual....
    I was using my iPad. Maybe there is a PC issue on the site

EDIT
    saw post above mine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not been able to log into the site since Saturday via my laptop. Have used multiple browsers. Had to resort to logging in using my iPad. There was reference to a log in problem on MLS Fantasy Soccer Twitter account this weekend asking for patience and to use the mobile site in the meantime.

I tried logging in with my kobo arc and my LG android phone... still not able to connect.

Looks like I need an apple friend to make my picks this week, or it's a conspiracy to keep the man down possibly led by you? (I'm coming for you!)

I know a few coworkers that use iphones and ipads... hopefully that works or else if you win the season series I will blame this weeks inability to access the site as your advantage...

(I know that you've statistically already beat me barring a miracle and as such I have started garnering my excuses)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I need an apple friend to make my picks this week, or it's a conspiracy to keep the man down possibly led by you? (I'm coming for you!)

I know a few coworkers that use iphones and ipads... hopefully that works or else if you win the season series I will blame this weeks inability to access the site as your advantage...

(I know that you've statistically already beat me barring a miracle and as such I have started garnering my excuses)
    It would be a good idea if I could pull it off again a few times.....er... I mean no that would not be fair bad idea.

If you continue to have problems logging in contact them with your specifics at feedback@mlssoccer.com

Provided I do gather more points than you at the finish, I will accept your "excuse" for lost points this week as the cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some news on Keane

“I don't know [how bad it is], we'll have to see ...,” he told reporters afterward. “It's definitely a pull or something like that, because I tried to take off and just couldn't run.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got a reply from mls feedback Re log in issues

"This issue seems to be affecting about 30 to 40 fans, we are working with our login service provider to find a solution. Your message helps us trouble shoot the issue.

--MLS Digital"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got on with a PC earlier today

Will Johnson is back and came down from $9m to $8.3 due to the Good Cup. If he plays like he did before he left its a good buy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As figured, I am doing terrible at this. Managing to stay top 50 in our group though haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be a good idea if I could pull it off again a few times.....er... I mean no that would not be fair bad idea.

If you continue to have problems logging in contact them with your specifics at feedback@mlssoccer.com

Provided I do gather more points than you at the finish, I will accept your "excuse" for lost points this week as the cause.

I'm catching you six points at a time, Rodgesico. Just a word of warning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still can't log in to manage my team....

This is starting to piss me off.

I'm getting robbed here.

I emailed support yesterday and all they said was sit tight, and that they couldn't guarantee I'd be able to get in in time to make my moves for this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting robbed here.

I emailed support yesterday and all they said was sit tight, and that they couldn't guarantee I'd be able to get in in time to make my moves for this week.
    That's really annoying. Mine seems to be ok. Strange that only some people are affected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm getting robbed here.

I have been able to log in since last night around 6pm. I cleared my cache, all of my history, and cookies again last night and things worked.

They are having problems finding a solution because apparently everyone seems to require a different one. There is not consistency with the problem.

I know that does not help you much. Is there anyone you would trust to do the changes for you?

Also since the problems appear to be isolated to such a few users (at least that is what they are claiming) maybe trying another PC might be an option. **That is assuming that you have not already attempted doing that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm catching you six points at a time, Rodgesico. Just a word of warning.
    If I can cut that down to 3 per week I might still have a chance

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been able to log in since last night around 6pm. I cleared my cache, all of my history, and cookies again last night and things worked.

They are having problems finding a solution because apparently everyone seems to require a different one. There is not consistency with the problem.

I know that does not help you much. Is there anyone you would trust to do the changes for you?

Also since the problems appear to be isolated to such a few users (at least that is what they are claiming) maybe trying another PC might be an option. **That is assuming that you have not already attempted doing that.

Yeah I tried at work, with my phone, with my tablet... none of them worked.

They emailed me and said that I needed to log into facebook and take the ņ out of my name as that worked for some people (can't imagine why but I did it anyways)

That didn't work either....

I just gave my info to Stouffville who graciously offered to try and log in from his computer with my account info but I doubt that will work either as it seems to be a problem with my account not the computers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    That's really annoying. Mine seems to be ok. Strange that only some people are affected.

Yeah its annoying to say the least, I've put a lot into this fantasy team for it to all just be flushed down the toilet like this.

Oh well, hopefully its only one week and I luck out with whatever the system automatically plays for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    As figured, I am doing terrible at this. Managing to stay top 50 in our group though haha

It's still fun though no?

I'm having a great time.

Learning a lot more about the league and having a good time while at it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just gave my info to Stouffville who graciously offered to try and log in from his computer with my account info but I doubt that will work either as it seems to be a problem with my account not the computers.
    Good Luck, keep us updated on how things are going.

Looking at the worst case scenario and you do not get to change your team this week, all things may not be lost, don't get discouraged. I have an alt team that I started in week 3 that has 1263 points so you can make up ground after missing round points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's still fun though no?

I'm having a great time.

Learning a lot more about the league and having a good time while at it.
    Oh yeah, learned more about the players in the league, and actually somewhat paying attention to games that are not TFC in MLS now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Luck, keep us updated on how things are going.

Looking at the worst case scenario and you do not get to change your team this week, all things may not be lost, don't get discouraged. I have an alt team that I started in week 3 that has 1263 points so you can make up ground after missing round points.

I got some help from mls support yesterday and the issue seemed to be a computer glitch after a system update that didn't like the "~" in my twitter account name that was linked with my mls account.

Anyway, I got logged in at 8pm in time to make my selection, so it all worked out in the end.

Only problem is I can't use that as an excuse for not winning now... I'm sure I can scrounge up a few others some how.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

posted 77 points this week.

ended up playing Camilo and Fagundez in a 5-3-2 formation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stouffville_RPB View Post
    posted 77 points this week.

ended up playing Camilo and Fagundez in a 5-3-2 formation.
    I got 75 points in the round.

Had a 4-3-3 with Keane, Camilo, and Higuain up front.

Keane didn't play so the computer swapped him out for Mat Hedges which switched my formation over to 5-3-2 like yours... He got 8 points so it worked out well.

Out of curiosity what team is yours?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Team name is Whitchurch-Stouffville Albion

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My upcoming midfield is Johnson, Morales, Magee, Osorio, Le Toux. Making push for top 500.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    My upcoming midfield is Johnson, Morales, Magee, Osorio, Le Toux. Making push for top 500.

Who's your team? You must be in the top 10 out of the RPB's?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's your team? You must be in the top 10 out of the RPB's?
    You had a very good round.

Maybe, I'm not in a RPB league but you can find me in top 20 of Toronto FC (global) or #6 in TFC Supporters (classic). I'm youngteam, just behind AFC Ajax who I'm assuming is regular RPB poster, TFC Ajax? Moving up at this level is tough everyone scores so well, I may not get much higher but I'll try.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nonc View Post
    You had a very good round.

Maybe, I'm not in a RPB league but you can find me in top 20 of Toronto FC (global) or #6 in TFC Supporters (classic). I'm youngteam, just behind AFC Ajax who I'm assuming is regular RPB poster, TFC Ajax? Moving up at this level is tough everyone scores so well, I may not get much higher but I'll try.

Yeah I meant TFC supporters not RPB.... You're in 6th I see. Nicely done sir.

I'm running a midfield of Morales, Johnson, Okugo, and Zusi with Neagle on the bench.

I try to spread out my team with 1 cheap but good option at each position which I find is where you develop/up team value.

I was at a high of $105 M, down to $104 M now mostly due to Johnson dropping like a stone. I should have transferred him during the Gold Cup and bought him again when he returned. That alone would have made me $1M for my team.

A big part of the game seems to be buying and selling a lot of your players. I have like 55 transfers and seem to be rewarded for a lot of turnover. It seems like you need to know who will be out and when and beat the rush to buy or sell.

I also read about a trick that you can employ to use a dummy captain (a player who isn't playing that week) so that you can choose between someone who's already played, and someone who is going to play later in the week as captain which effectively increases your odds of picking the best captain option... Still haven't tried this but this could potentially get you 10 more points per round, do you know about this? Maybe you can explain it to me better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also read about a trick that you can employ to use a dummy captain (a player who isn't playing that week) so that you can choose between someone who's already played, and someone who is going to play later in the week as captain which effectively increases your odds of picking the best captain option... Still haven't tried this but this could potentially get you 10 more points per round, do you know about this? Maybe you can explain it to me better?
    This trick only works if you have a player not playing in the round and you have 2 players playing on different days.

You start the player who is not scheduled to play.

for the sake of example we will say Player A plays on Sat. and Player B plays on Sun.

In your subs you place player A first and player B second.

Now you watch how player A does in his game on Sat. If he does well he will be auto subbed at the end of the round on Sunday and he makes the team, you do nothing.

If he does poorly then before player B's game on Sun. sub him in and all is well, still take the chance that he may not do well but probably will do as well as player A so not much risk.

As far as changing captain. You could have made the player who was not starting captain. Depending on who is subbed in they would become captain (player A or B)

I have not done this captain switch myself but I believe that if you had other players playing on Sunday and you chose to switch to player B you could also switch captain to another player that did not yet play in the round (that had a Sunday match).

Clear as mud?

I am expecting this switcharoo will not be around next year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Rodgesico, the fantasy legend himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This trick only works if you have a player not playing in the round and you have 2 players playing on different days.

You start the player who is not scheduled to play.

for the sake of example we will say Player A plays on Sat. and Player B plays on Sun.

In your subs you place player A first and player B second.

Now you watch how player A does in his game on Sat. If he does well he will be auto subbed at the end of the round on Sunday and he makes the team, you do nothing.

If he does poorly then before player B's game on Sun. sub him in and all is well, still take the chance that he may not do well but probably will do as well as player A so not much risk.

As far as changing captain. You could have made the player who was not starting captain. Depending on who is subbed in they would become captain (player A or B)

I have not done this captain switch myself but I believe that if you had other players playing on Sunday and you chose to switch to player B you could also switch captain to another player that did not yet play in the round (that had a Sunday match).

Clear as mud?

I am expecting this switcharoo will not be around next year.

Clear as mud.

Except I would like to clarify for others reading this.

With what you told me here, and assuming it was true... If Player A (Keane, Captian) and and Player B (Higuian, Vice Capatin) were your Captain and Vice Captain then automatically by doing what you suggest here (What I suggest is placing them both on the bench) you are getting the privilege of selecting both which player plays and which player gets double points in the round based on seeing how one of them performs before making your decision.

THAT is a discernible advantage.

Basically if I pick Keane as my captain and Higuian as VC and put them on the bench for say Braun who everyone knows is not playing... then I have the option of seeing how either one of Keane or Higuian played before subbing them in.

The truth of the matter is that one of these players is playing while the 'dummy' player ( Braun ) is not. So this allows us to see what one of our captains does for the round without committing to either captain on the roster.

Now. For example, one of our captains: Keane has a rough night and only garners two points, then you have the option of subbing in Higuian who is yet to play on Sunday.

Odds are he equals the 2 points or better.... ( or if Keane had a great night, you keep Higuian on the bench )

Hence the advantage.

I would further extrapolate that by having three heavy strikers (Keane, Higuian, Camilo... for example) and benching one of them per game in this strategy you can really max your points since it is the defenders and midfielders who really rack up the points in this fantasy system for the most part, regardless of whether their team wins, but more so on whether the team performs defensively... which a lot of soccer teams do by default. The strikers are the anomaly and with this loop hole you can really make some strides?
    Last edited by Alonso; 07-22-2013 at 09:03 PM.