Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Double Header....CNWT vs USA WOMAN....OLYMPIC REMATCH!!!....Followed by TFC vs KC!
    The women are playing in Cyprus on both the 8th and 11th of March.

An interesting idea though! Perhaps one year the opener could do this if it doesn't conflict with the Cyprus Cup.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I know most of us are feeling apathetic, but if we can't get a little excited for home opener, man, it sucks supporting TFC right now.
    I'm starting to get excited.

I didn't realize the back of the 200's were so bad. I was in the first row of the 200s vs LA, and thought it was great. Would actually rather be there, than the lower section where SSH'ers will probably be seated for the KC game. But I'll live.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    So are the supporters going to be in supporters sections, or the top 3 price points?
    I am hoping it is more like LA, and less like Liverpool, based on the drama of supporters sections not being treated as such by security in the corners. Tickets seem to be overpriced and their isn't an event feel to attract the same atmosphere as the LA game. But, TFC had no choice due to the early march start date.
    The real opener for me will always be scarf day, which I assume is the LA BMO opener (game 2).
    I have no issue with moving games into a dome, but I do have issues with our Dome. The seats are at a poor angle and are set way too back from the field, there is no legroom (I am 6'8" so that is an issue most places, but the 100 level is really uncomfortable), and little things like have the concrete floor visible outside of the pitch area really make for a poor visual feel.
    I am interested to see how this turns out. My expectations are pretty low.
    truth..I'm 6' and can't sit anywhere without pain after say 45mins....can't understand why everyone glosses over the fact that the stadium is rubbish. yes they treat you well but at a cost, how many hot dogs and drinks can one afford?..I'll be surprized on over 20,000
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Why cant we make a big banner for this game??? or why cant those people that made the big banner bring the banner to this home opener???
    they were hard core supporters that gave it there all, without gratitude and were never appreciated by most groups or MLSE...haven't been in touch with any as of late and miss them...not sure where the banner is. One of the few I missed painting. Also the team needs to rebuild it's group relationships, that it all too frequently abused. I personally just want to watch some footie slowly rebulid in our town.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    We were at the very back of level 200 under the overhang for level 300, I felt like I was in a fucking cave, I'll be standing in the supporter's section for this one. I hate the fucking Dome, unless you are in an executive suite, got lucky for the Man United vs Celtic match a few years back. I know the plumbing not heated for BMO, but man I would rather be there than the Dome.
    truly...I'd rather be in a snowmobile suit freezing enjoying the atmosphere anyday...unfortunately it would be crazy on the players but then again look at england lately..pity

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Double Header....CNWT vs USA WOMAN....OLYMPIC REMATCH!!!....Followed by TFC vs KC!

50 000 EASY...!

THERE IS NO BIGGER team in Canada right now then..CNWT...and no bigger player then CS!!!

Someone forward this to the yahoo's running this show!
    brilliant!!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    How was it in the building for the Liverpool game with 33, 087 fans in there, compared to the 47, 658 for the LA game, which in my eyes was just magical. They must feel good about sales up the 500 level right out of the gate ,rather than having a wait and see attitude to determine if sales warrant it.
    Blake can't compare the Liverpool game, wasn't there, but all the hard work on banners put in weeks before, the pre-game party at Crocodile Rock, the march to the stadium, and the 47, 658 in attendance surely did help the atmosphere.
    A night to be remembered for sure !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know most of us are feeling apathetic, but if we can't get a little excited for home opener, man, it sucks supporting TFC right now.
    I'm sure we'll get more excited by the time the match rolls around. But I doubt we will see any 180ft banners until they turn the club around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the club has not been doing good since day 1 but now you see teams like Portland, Seattle, DC United, even New York, Chicago and Kansas have great Tifo displays or banners or flag displays. Would be nice to have at least the TORONTO FOOTBALL CLUB banner across the front. It shows we still have support and that is a cool looking banner to see on TV and is impressive. To be honest i wish we had that banner all the time but i guess it doe's not fit at BMO field. Its not even like we need to do anything, the banner is already made, just need to bring it to the game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'we' don't own that banner....it isn't ours to find and bring,...yes it would have been great,...they were special individuals who headed the creating of the banner,..in spite of the horrible FO attitude at the time towards everyone...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    'we' don't own that banner....it isn't ours to find and bring,...yes it would have been great,...they were special individuals who headed the creating of the banner,..in spite of the horrible FO attitude at the time towards everyone...
    Who owns the big banner that stretched the length of the south end at Rogers Cetre for the LA game?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm starting to get excited.

I didn't realize the back of the 200's were so bad. I was in the first row of the 200s vs LA, and thought it was great. Would actually rather be there, than the lower section where SSH'ers will probably be seated for the KC game. But I'll live.

Wait to buy tickets for the opener. Remember this the same organization willing to screw over existing ticket holders by cheapening it's own product on Groupon deals. In a month they'll be giving 2 tickets for the price of one with a free hot dog with each seat.

Unless of course the signing of Kyle Bekker captures the imagination of the local sports fan. Then the joint will be popping.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I'm not buying any more seats for the KC game; I'll get a pair as a SSH.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Remember this the same organization willing to screw over existing ticket holders by cheapening it's own product on Groupon deals.
    I don't recall any groupon offers last year that were giving tickets below STH cost. Below face, sure ... but STH don't pay face.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ I'm not buying any more seats for the KC game; I'll get a pair as a SSH.
    Me too. Last year I brought 14 more people besides the pair I had for a total of 16 seats for the Dome CCL game. This year I will just take my SSH pair. Not dragging anyone else out for regular season game. I saw many others on here doing the same as me last year bringing others but I doubt that will happen again to the same extent and they will be lucky to fill the lower bowl IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Me too. Last year I brought 14 more people besides the pair I had for a total of 16 seats for the Dome CCL game. This year I will just take my SSH pair. Not dragging anyone else out for regular season game. I saw many others on here doing the same as me last year bringing others but I doubt that will happen again to the same extent and they will be lucky to fill the lower bowl IMO.
    That's very interesting because last year I brought 10 extra and this year I'm not going to bother.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What this does give is a chance for people who can't be bothered to find tickets through a 3rd party, or who don't want to pay the usual price for game day tickets, a chance to see a game.

If the FO looked on it as a yearly opportunity, there are ways to market this properly as a "soccer's back" seasonal thing - the cheap tickets to kids in the 500 level would be a good start.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only speak for myself and my 2 other buddies who have season tickets, that we'll be treating this game the same way we treated the Galaxy game...by inviting everyone we know to fill up that "big ugly cavernous waste of space that acts as a ball sack for the CN Tower" we call the Skydome/Rogers Centre.

There's no way possible to recreate the buzz of that CCL night, but we can still do our best. I can't see why it would be a stretch to predict 30k+ for this game if we can all invite friends and family like the last time. I feel the same way about this team that most of you guys do as well...apathy...but its our home opener...we should at least try our best to get some excitement going and try and give our boys a boost.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Allez View Post
    I can only speak for myself and my 2 other buddies who have season tickets, that we'll be treating this game the same way we treated the Galaxy game...by inviting everyone we know to fill up that "big ugly cavernous waste of space that acts as a ball sack for the CN Tower" we call the Skydome/Rogers Centre.

There's no way possible to recreate the buzz of that CCL night, but we can still do our best. I can't see why it would be a stretch to predict 30k+ for this game if we can all invite friends and family like the last time. I feel the same way about this team that most of you guys do as well...apathy...but its our home opener...we should at least try our best to get some excitement going and try and give our boys a boost.
    I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort when TFC FO has been half assed in pretty much everything for this?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort when TFC FO has been half assed in pretty much everything for this?
    They weren't exactly the model marketing juggernaut for the CCL match either, but that turned out pretty well didn't it? lol...if you don't want to put in any effort, then don't. it won't effect my game day experience either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "Changes to BMO" past of this thread.

I know in my interview with the FO I harped A LOT on BMO and infastructure. Are they doing anything about it I wonder?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not responsible for TFC marketing. Why should I put in the effort ...
    Ultimately, all football teams live and die by a mix of the atmosphere created by the fans, the quality and type of football played, and the atmosphere as created by the FO.

Its a constant challenge and tension that can never be resolved.

And every supporter takes a different view of how to involve themselves in that.