Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I would love to see the names, maybe they need a public shaming. Pathetic a proffesional cant be fit unless injuries are a problem.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not to defend players conduct....but you know it wasn't too long ago that players were expected to not stay fit in the off season - to give their bodies a rest. The pre-season was suppose to get them back into shape. I remember Brennan and Dichio lamenting the cardio drills in pre-season because they were so out of shape.

Just saying.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Not to defend players conduct....but you know it wasn't too long ago that players were expected to not stay fit in the off season - to give their bodies a rest. The pre-season was suppose to get them back into shape. I remember Brennan and Dichio lamenting the cardio drills in pre-season because they were so out of shape.

Just saying.
    How come this isn't an issue in other sports leagues? A lot of players tend to workout their game during the off-season. It seems like this doesn't apply to MLS? It shows these guys don't take their jobs as seriously compare to other athletes. Too bad clubs can't fine players showing up out of shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i guess that depends on the your deffintion of "fit". Yes the off season is for rest and healing, match fittness should be not expected at pre-season. However im thinking this goes beyond just fitness, maybe a lack in desire to train skills or even follow off season routines to improve there game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well i guess that depends on the your deffintion of "fit". Yes the off season is for rest and healing, match fittness should be not expected at pre-season. However im thinking this goes beyond just fitness, maybe a lack in desire to play or even follow simple off season routines.
    Of course I don't except them to be midseason fit on day one in training camp, but at least take some effort of being in decent shape during the off-season. Don't these players work on their game during the off-season? Don't TFC set up some sort of workout/eating plan for players for off-season? It seems so unprofessional for players showing up way out of shape which can hurt team's training camp plans since they have to focus more on fitness than tactics.
    Last edited by TFC07; 01-31-2013 at 09:12 PM.