Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this isn't the most popular opinion amongst some fans but I love the Voyageurs Cup. It is the only professional domestic title available in Canada and I want to see Toronto win it every year. To me, it means much more than making the MLS playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Look for Beers of the world. Labatt has a lot to choose from.
    That is very good to hear. Would make sense to re-iterate the multicultural WORLD experience that was touted so often in BMO's early days. Different foods, Beers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Be nice to have a good beer from the home country of each of the players in the first team squad (I miss the flags at the south end that recognized this).
    Agreed! that would be a cool idea.

Also, why did they stop doing that with the flags?
    Did they just get tired of changing them so often? (that question is only half sarcastic!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Be nice to have a good beer from the home country of each of the players in the first team squad (I miss the flags at the south end that recognized this).
    I would so love this. Do we have any Belgians on our team? If not, we need one.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    This is a good thing not a bad thing.

I don't care if we win or lose. I don't care how we place or if we make playoffs.

I so miss being at bmo cheering for TFC that I just want to get back there.

Last year there was a lot of hope, this year I don't think I can be disappointed as cautious optimism is overstating my point of view.

See you at the pitch.

Cool story bro. But if you don't care, then why do you go at all? Seems awfully luxurious to have two hours plus commute to piss away on something that you don't care about.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Bud is owned by Anheuser-Busch is owned by InBev. So I expect this complete list of beers at BMO field this season:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

For 5 bucks each. Kthxbai....

Seriously, I guess they will bring in some over-hyped run-of-the-mill beers, like Stella and Beck's in addition to the Bud & Labatt crap. Instead of some of the interesting beers they own, like the awesome Franziskaner beers, or Diebels, or Goose Island, or Leffe, etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm looking forward to this season. Last season was my fuck it I don't care anymore, didn't renew my tickets, glad I didn't, everything sucked, didn't miss BMO, fuck the drama, have a hissy fit, get it all out of my system year.

This year I'll be watching, enjoying, and be less jaded. I'm not stepping into any drama this year. I just want to watch the games, hope against hope that TFC wins a few more, and enjoy the game.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they want the Player of the Game to be worth anything, have him nominate a beer from his homeland that InBev carries for the next home game and make it a couple of bucks off, or donate a portion of the sales to the players Canadian charity.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Cool story bro. But if you don't care, then why do you go at all? Seems awfully luxurious to have two hours plus commute to piss away on something that you don't care about.
    Because I really do just enjoy being there, win or lose.

I know it sounds like a 'I've got orange slices' type of thing, and you can be sure I will be loud as hell but I just want to get back to the pitch right now.

I have had songs running through my head for a few weeks already.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    All I wanted from this year was for Mariner to be gone. Everything else is a win for me.
    How I feel. Anything on top of the Bermuda shorts guy being gone is a plus.

My hopes are for 2014 and beyond.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by giggz View Post
    maybe you've posted this in the wrong thread, everyone should read it. Great insight from Milos' perspective.

When the triplets arrived, a local beat reporter gave him a Baby Gap gift certificate to help buy clothes. He hugged the journalist, later confiding that the team hadn't even sent his wife flowers in the hospital.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gave up expecting much from the franchise a few years ago.
    That being said I always look forward to a new season and the chance to renew my friendships with all I have met via TFC in general and RPB in particular.

In prep for the season I asked for, got and read the book "There is only one Red Army" written by a supporter of the historically woeful Sligo Rovers in 1997. It simply reaffirms for me that football support can be an integral part of ones life come what may.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I wont be upset if this whole year is one big growing pain. even if its really bad record wise. we finally have someone who knows what the hell theyre doing running the program. he's made alot of great player movements already, we got cheaper tickets, and we finally got REAL hope for the future and no one can take that away from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I took myself out of the loop, and I thought I'd check back in.

New coach is an ex-player, first gig as head coach, fans dont expect much (its a rebuilding year)

Deja Vu is so 2009, this is something else, this is like watching a fly try to escape the window on a bus.

Have a good season, boys.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    this is like watching a fly try to escape the window on a bus.
    But are you going to watch it?

(Also, hi)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's great to see some hope for the season even if it was just addition through subtraction to eliminate who we thought couldn't improve our odds.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I agree, I wont be upset if this whole year is one big growing pain. even if its really bad record wise. we finally have someone who knows what the hell theyre doing running the program. he's made alot of great player movements already, we got cheaper tickets, and we finally got REAL hope for the future and no one can take that away from me.

The optimism is admirable and I share the bright future outlook. They can try and stop us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing on our team is really proven. It is a stretch to assume KP is Christ. Things sound and look good now, but.....

Cheaper tickets. Can't argue that.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been hearing more and more people take the same stance I have regarding TFC.
    My expectations have always been simple. Score in every home game, win lose or draw.

Give us the joy to celebrate each home game. . . . With that in mind, it saves a lot of frustration. . .

(a LOT!)
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.