Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default This year, I just don't have care.

This is a good thing not a bad thing.

I don't care if we win or lose. I don't care how we place or if we make playoffs.

I so miss being at bmo cheering for TFC that I just want to get back there.

Last year there was a lot of hope, this year I don't think I can be disappointed as cautious optimism is overstating my point of view.

See you at the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay for apathy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We better at least win Voyageur Cup and play in CCL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    We better at least win Voyageur Cup and play in CCL.
    I hope you don't have any expectations of making the playoffs because I'm convinced that with TFC's lack of depth, all the extra games and travels from V Cup and CCL kills TFC every season.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I hope you don't have any expectations of making the playoffs because I'm convinced that with TFC's lack of depth, all the extra games and travels from V Cup and CCL kills TFC every season.
    I have no expectations when comes to playoffs this year at all. Winning V Cup is one thing TFC has always done well despite being awful in regular season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem is I can't help but care. I always get my hopes up no matter how hard I try to tell myself they won't compete.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that it is really apathy, just no expectations. It's not that I don't care about the team, I just figure I will support no matter what.

I feel that MLSE has heard the fans and now Payne needs to close his ears to them and concentrate on the team.

I trust him and will give him and RN their three years.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally agree - I can't wait to be back drinking $17.00 beers and eating $15.00 sandwiches - and that gorgeous April and October weather!!!! Can't wait!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm guessing you are not an SSH who can't make all the games.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    Totally agree - I can't wait to be back drinking $17.00 beers and eating $15.00 sandwiches - and that gorgeous April and October weather!!!! Can't wait!!!
    Never understood how people find $10 for a can of beer expensive.

Most bars are $6.50 to $8 for a bottle, BMO is in line with Toronto pricing.

I don't know which sandwiches are $15 because I have never seen one before.

BMO is a good night out, you don't like the weather, well... Welcome to Canada.

I used to sit beside lake Ontario in January and drink beers as a kid, it is just the way it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no expectations this year...this way i can't be disappointed, but I can be pleasently surprised

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    Most bars are $6.50 to $8 for a bottle, BMO is in line with Toronto pricing.
    more have to do with them setting the pricing (them being MLSE)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    I have no expectations this year...this way i can't be disappointed, but I can be pleasently surprised

more have to do with them setting the pricing (them being MLSE)
    I'm expecting mid-season changes with DP players. I dont think that even if they have the full year left on their contracts that Kevin Payne will have much patience for inconsistent performances. Plus it would be an incentive for fans to return for 2014. You shouldnt go into the season with high hopes but just to look competitive this season will be a success over the previous years. Bar was set low, lower than anyone thought.

The only praise I have for this year's team is the improved centre back pairing. I have a good feeling they will work out well, but every position is a tossup.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

And if they forget about the VCup and CCL this year to make the playoffs that would really kill my season but hey, everybody's different. A lot of people would be excited.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I'm expecting mid-season changes with DP players. I dont think that even if they have the full year left on their contracts that Kevin Payne will have much patience for inconsistent performances. Plus it would be an incentive for fans to return for 2014. You shouldnt go into the season with high hopes but just to look competitive this season will be a success over the previous years. Bar was set low, lower than anyone thought.

The only praise I have for this year's team is the improved centre back pairing. I have a good feeling they will work out well, but every position is a tossup.
    I don't think we'll see mid-season dp changes. I think Payne will ride their contracts out, take the 1.05 million in cap room and sign a bunch of non dps in 2014.

As a losing team, we shouldn't have 1 dp let alone 3. We should be building this roster with strong MLS like players mostly on or around $150k-$200k. That should be good enough to build a playoff contender with some depth. You only then bring in a dp or 2 when you want to take a playoff team to a championship contender/deep ccl run.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

All I wanted from this year was for Mariner to be gone. Everything else is a win for me.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ecospice View Post
    Not just any $17 beer either - $17 Bud!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I would feel the same about the Leafs but somehow my conscious self and sub-conscious self don't agree on this matter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Presumably there will be other beers as well. Despite the Carlsberg thing last year, there was Steamwhistle available as well. I'm sure there will be something potable if you keep your eyes open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not expecting anything from the team this year. Last year's renew decision was the make or break time for me. I knew that the people not renewing were the smart ones. They were the ones that sent the message that the team has to improve. I was not one of them. I took the other course and decided to take this ride right to the bottom. Last year sucked and I don't expect this year to be any different. A lot of people are really hopeful that Kevin Payne will be the savior of this team. Maybe he will but I don't hold out any hope of that. John Carver had a good soccer brain, Preke knew the league, Mo Johnson played the draft like a master, Aron Winter had a system, Paul Mariner had a winning attitude. And lots of other people were touted as the savior of the day. I'm too jaded by our history to believe anything at this point. All I'm prepared to do is come and watch and enjoy the things they do that are enjoyable and moan about the things they do that are pathetic. I'm not interested in anyone's prediction of the future. I'll be watching one game at a time and my feelings about the team will be based on what they do not what someone thinks they can do.

Even with all of that I am still looking forward to this season. I'm optimistic about the future of the RPB. I think we hit our low last year and that we will bounce back to at least some of our former glory. The work our Executive has done behind the scenes meeting with the team will pay off. We have a bunch of new members moving into 112 to fill in some of the gaps that were there. We have Paul Bernie holding meetings with supporters group to find out what the club can do to help us. And Joe's is being renovated so we get to decorate it with our stuff all over again. This feels like a fresh start to me. The team might still suck but I think the RPB have already turned the corner and will have a better season this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is the truly disappointing part!

I was so annoyed when I found out Bud had gotten the contract at BMO.

Does anyone know if it will be strictly Bud/Bud Light, or whether there will be any other Anheuser-Busch/Labbatt products available?

(i.e Labbatt, Keiths, Corona, Becks, Stella, etc.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Yes, I imagine that whole stable of products will be available, just as it is at Rogers Centre.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of what this season brings March can't come soon enough and when it does I will be there. Whatever the outcome

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Regardless of what this season brings March can't come soon enough and when it does I will be there. Whatever the outcome
    Me too...Football, on grass, outside, in 112 with a Stella or two, a run toward the playoffs, a couple of away games...Magic!
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Presumably there will be other beers as well. Despite the Carlsberg thing last year, there was Steamwhistle available as well. I'm sure there will be something potable if you keep your eyes open.
    Where was the Steamwhistle?!?

I'm rattled I never knew this, especially if it is going to dissapear.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look for Beers of the world. Labatt has a lot to choose from.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be nice to have a good beer from the home country of each of the players in the first team squad (I miss the flags at the south end that recognized this).
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Look for Beers of the world. Labatt has a lot to choose from.
    still not going to be paying robbery money for beers.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC John View Post
    Even with all of that I am still looking forward to this season. I'm optimistic about the future of the RPB. I think we hit our low last year and that we will bounce back to at least some of our former glory. The work our Executive has done behind the scenes meeting with the team will pay off. We have a bunch of new members moving into 112 to fill in some of the gaps that were there. We have Paul Bernie holding meetings with supporters group to find out what the club can do to help us. And Joe's is being renovated so we get to decorate it with our stuff all over again. This feels like a fresh start to me. The team might still suck but I think the RPB have already turned the corner and will have a better season this year.
    Agree completely.
    I've had the phrase, "Make us less embarrassed again" running through my brain of late. And I'm ok with that level of hope.

that whole stable of products
    Stable is right - cuz it's all horse piss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since this has turned into a beer thread:

I was reading last week on twitter that many supporters groups or teams in general have a designated beer they are associated with. I assume that the RPB or TFC do not have anything like this.

I believe it was @mlsrumors talking about all the beer affiliations

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Since this has turned into a beer thread:

I was reading last week on twitter that many supporters groups or teams in general have a designated beer they are associated with. I assume that the RPB or TFC do not have anything like this.

I believe it was @mlsrumors talking about all the beer affiliations
    *head explodes*
    Why the hell would you restrict yourself only one kind of deliciousness?

-Eduardo Galeano