RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS and LDU Quito's 'special relationship'?

Something really... odd is going on between LDU Quito and MLS, considering how many players have been moving between both teams

To MLS from LDU Quito
    -Joao Plata
    -Miller Bolanos
    -Claudio Bieler
    -Victor Estupiñán

To LDU Quito from MLS
    -Federico Puppo
    -Joao Plata

Pablo Vitti ended up at LDU Quito too...

Pretty sure I'm missing a few...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS central scouting still does a lot for clubs throughout the league. They probably have a good relationship with Quito which is why you see so many transactions spread around to different teams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is mostly coincidence (even if you add Caicedo to your list). IIRC last season there was something upwards of 20 new players into the league from Columbia and Ecuador. Quito is one of the biggest clubs in Ecuador so the fact this seems to be where players are coming from shouldn't be a huge surprise. You could say as well there's a special relationship with Deportivo Cali and America de Cali. I think the reality is both countries/leagues struggle financially, many clubs are hovering on bankruptcy, MLS is actually a desirable destination for many of these players and is a sure thing in terms of getting money both for the team (transfer) and the players (salary).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was in Quito over xmas, unlucky enough to not have any games scheduled then!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Latest LDU Quito player rumoured...

Eduardo Echeverria to Colorado
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano