Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why would you think that a 750K signing needs board approval? The Leafs and Raptors sign journeymen 10x a year for more.

It was a big deal for TFC, but beyond nothing for MLSE.
    Thats a good point...
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe he doesn't want to play for a guy whose sole coaching experience was coaching NCAA Div 3 until June-- and then being coached by a guys whose never coached ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think yr right...but he does have a badge,so everything will be ok.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Maybe he doesn't want to play for a guy whose sole coaching experience was coaching NCAA Div 3 until June-- and then being coached by a guys whose never coached ever.
    Mariner didn't have any coaching experience either, apart from a brief and unsuccesfull caretaker role, so that can't be it.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Another Earl F*CKING Cochrane shitshow

How long can this clown stay on.
    yes thats what i am thinking too but hassli was mariners boy and with paul gone maybe he doesnt think he will get the prefered treatment

but lets free up some cap space and have an option of a new dp

hassli is an injury waiting to happen so lets not waste money on him if koovermans is not ready for opening day so be it

lets see what happens in the college draft striker wise and if not i am sure payne and co will buy a proven striker for less money

i love the new direction the team is taking and hassli is not part of that
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    But I thought O'Leary wasn't coming? He is listed on the website as still coaching for that university.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good riddance Mr. Hassli
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli used to play for Marco Schallibaum now in Mtl. I wonder if there is interest...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like another backroom deal gone wrong by Earl & Paul, who knows what they promised Hassli and now that Payne is in charge all bets are
    off and he wants out. Same thing happenned when Winter refused to sign players that were promised contracts by the FO.

Hopefully this is the last time something like this will happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Hassli used to play for Marco Schallibaum now in Mtl. I wonder if there is interest...
    I hear everybody in Switzerland has played for Marco Schallilbaum.
    We all know the requirements to sign for Montreal is to be old, italian, or both.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame.... I was hoping Hassli would work out here.

I wouldn't be surprised if he talked to PM recently, and was told he's not going to get much playing time - which he made clear that he wants to play all the time.

He puts TFC in a hard stop...what do you do with a high paid injury magnet player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Then he can play for all the 3 Canadian MLS teams.....next stop after that.....NASL...with Edmonton.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This has to grease the rails for Cochrane's dismissal.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    This has to grease the rails for Cochrane's dismissal.
    One would hope but it seems that 'blame the guys that are gone' syndrome would be in full effect.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    One would hope but it seems that 'blame the guys that are gone' syndrome would be in full effect.
    Sure, but that didn't help Mariner for long. I think Payne can spot that crap a mile off. As soon as he has someone to replace Cochrane (really, what does he even do ?), he'll be out the door.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    Sure, but that didn't help Mariner for long. I think Payne can spot that crap a mile off. As soon as he has someone to replace Cochrane (really, what does he even do ?), he'll be out the door.
    Something about their history suggests to me that his leash is longer than others. I know a bit of what went on and believe me it wasn't hard for Payne to find a reason to get Mariner out.

Earl has survived 6 seasons, I think he has the ability to make a go for a 7th especially with a buddy calling the shots and scape goats galore.

I am just being realistic here and trying not to get my hopes up.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something about their history suggests to me that his leash is longer than others. I know a bit of what went on and believe me it wasn't hard for Payne to find a reason to get Mariner out.

Earl has survived 6 seasons, I think he has the ability to make a go for a 7th especially with a buddy calling the shots and scape goats galore.

Does it really matter if Earl is gone if he's back to fetching coffee and filling out some paperwork that then gets the twice over from KP, as he (reportedly) did in DC?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Hassli re-signing days before Payne was announced stinks as much as the Nathan Sturgis signing.

I'd say it stinks three times as much if we're measuring the cap hit.

Thanks Earl, you've already left your mark on 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    Does it really matter if Earl is gone if he's back to fetching coffee and filling out some paperwork that then gets the twice over from KP, as he (reportedly) did in DC?
    Yeah, all this focus on Earl C is pointless. He's not a decision maker anymore.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster_TFC View Post
    Yeah, maybe he'll be good to keep around. A little bit of Yin in TFC's Yang. A reminder of how things were. An inspiration to not want to go back there.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The coch is good at finding cheaper flights to central america,thats what he did for the CSA..Jezzz
    they should can his ass and hire the guy from i2000 travel..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hassli is the prototypical sulky, emotional striker. Someone from TFC should just talk him down. I still think he's a solid player, and he should get a lot of minutes, especially early on. I'd rather he play with us than walk personally.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love Hassli. But resigning him as a DP was a monstrous mistake. If he does truly want to leave and we can find a team to off load him to...this might actually be a blessing in disguise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Hassli is the prototypical sulky, emotional striker. Someone from TFC should just talk him down. I still think he's a solid player, and he should get a lot of minutes, especially early on. I'd rather he play with us than walk personally.

Same here.

And as mentioned earlier in this thread.

We are yet to hear anything from the man himself regarding this.

This is all just heresay. (queue the heresay debate in 3...2...1...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see this but if you say it wasn't hard for Payne to find a reason to get Mariner out it should be BASIC in finding reasons to get Cochrane out. Case in point this thread! Payne seems like he can sniff out a poseur so if Cochrane stays, hopefully that means he's doing basic admin work and nothing that actually is decision-based with regards to the club.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Same here.

And as mentioned earlier in this thread.

We are yet to hear anything from the man himself regarding this.

This is all just heresay. (queue the heresay debate in 3...2...1...)
    Judging by Paynes response, seems its easy to figure out what was said. Hopefully they sort it out to the benefit of both parties.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    I see this but if you say it wasn't hard for Payne to find a reason to get Mariner out it should be BASIC in finding reasons to get Cochrane out. Case in point this thread! Payne seems like he can sniff out a poseur so if Cochrane stays, hopefully that means he's doing basic admin work and nothing that actually is decision-based with regards to the club.
    I think Earl has a role. I can see him blaming the whole Hassli move on Mariner and say he opposed the deal and resigning. Who would be left to argue any of that or produce evidence to the contrary? Anyhow as others have said, its up to Payne to decide what goes on and if he isn't doing damage and gets about the job its no big deal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So with all this drama being played out, there is potentially a new issues that has arisen. Our Striker situation.

It was assumed Hassli was here to fill in for Koevs until his return. Setting up a potential 1-2 DP striker combo by mid-season.
    If Hassli is gone, who will be our number striker? Johnson is gone, who is left?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have $1.7 million of cap space tied up in 5 guys (Frings/Koevs/Hassli/ODea/Eckersley), and not one of the 5 is a core player that Payne will build around.

Payne has to be going to war with a bunch of people behind the scenes. Think they're just going to quietly take it?

Get used to these stories.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-16-2013 at 12:44 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    So with all this drama being played out, there is potentially a new issues that has arisen. Our Striker situation.

It was assumed Hassli was here to fill in for Koevs until his return. Setting up a potential 1-2 DP striker combo by mid-season.
    If Hassli is gone, who will be our number striker? Johnson is gone, who is left?

The greatest finisher in modern times will be our #1
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts