Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ryan Nelson on TV this morning...for QPR

So who's going to be watching QPR v Spurs JUST so you can hear how the commentators talk about the Ryan Nelson/TFC news?
    And where will you watch? TSN with Darke and Macca or online for another announcer(s).
    It's a huge talking point for Rangers so...
    Also, will they say "Nelson is going to coach in America"?
    Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, watching it now. Never thought I'd be so interested in a QPR match, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QPR is not a very good team but Ryan is very smart in the back 4. He will help TFC's back line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still haven't figured out if it's better for us if QPR loses or wins

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Solid match for Nelsen. I say it's better for them to win - if they can get a run going, better chance of him being let go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it just me or did I just hear the ESPN commentator say this was the last match for Nelsen, though Redknapp would like him to stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SKB...he's not playing for us, unfortunately. he's our head coach yet mysteriously isn't arriving until possibly as late as May.
    The commentators seem to be as in the dark as everyone else about when he's arriving.
    How you can have a coach arrive well into the season is beyond me, but that's how it's looking.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Was it just me or did I just hear the ESPN commentator say this was the last match for Nelsen, though Redknapp would like him to stay.
    Heard the same thing. What's up with that?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    QPR is not a very good team but Ryan is very smart in the back 4. He will help TFC's back line.

So a player coach is it? aided by a NCAA Division 3 coach from Maine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the match this morning. I recalled the commentators saying this was "perhaps" (or some word that indicates uncertainty) his last for QPR. Also saw what Nelsen meant by he's playing on glass knees and ankles. While he performed very well and picked up the MOTM (though it should have gone to Hill or Derry - maybe they gave Nelsen the award knowing it was his last match?) he looked in difficulty out there physically.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    There's been no confirmation of him playing for us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Watched the match this morning. I recalled the commentators saying this was "perhaps" (or some word that indicates uncertainty) his last for QPR. Also saw what Nelsen meant by he's playing on glass knees and ankles. While he performed very well and picked up the MOTM (though it should have gone to Hill or Derry - maybe they gave Nelsen the award knowing it was his last match?) he looked in difficulty out there physically.
    Couldn't wake up int time to see the match... Thanks for this
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    There's been no confirmation of him playing for us.

I think he's coming over as a Manager and nothing else, but if he did play what would count against the cap? His Manager salary or some other agreed upon dollar value?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    As was noted above he is only coaching. What I meant by helping our back line was in terms of his knowledge of the position and passing that a long in terms of coaching.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Guess QPR missed Nelsen today - they lost 4-2 in the FA Cup to Milton Keynes Dons. Ouch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Guess QPR missed Nelsen today - they lost 4-2 in the FA Cup to Milton Keynes Dons. Ouch.
    ya he must feel like crap....he does have a lot of class and doesn't like leaving like that. and I feel QPR are also showing a lot of class
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    He probbaly wouldn't have played anyway, in fairness to QPR they had their 2nd string out in that game. Considering how bad their first string is, you can imagine how poor they were. QPR need a cup run like they need a hole in the head, they need to bust a gut to retain their PL status with no other distractions. I am hearing also now that old rubber face Redknapp was made well aware in advance that Nelson was looking into the possibility of coaching and that a Jan departure was always potentially on the cards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QPR vs Man City is on sportsnet right now. Announcers just said Nelson is expected to start with TFC on Friday but QPR is trying to get him to stay and play against Norwich on Saturday.

The saga continues...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oy...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Arry's really pissing me off now. TFC stayed respectful of QPR by keeping their mouths shut about when Nelsen would be coming here. Now I'd expect 'Arry to have some respect for our organization and fuck off.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    'Arry's really pissing me off now. TFC stayed respectful of QPR by keeping their mouths shut about when Nelsen would be coming here. Now I'd expect 'Arry to have some respect for our organization and fuck off.
    TFC kept their mouths shut? If so it must be by a technique of putting ones hands in front of their mouth while they were talking. They weren't exactly subtle when they were hinting left, right, and centre, that they expected to get him long before his contract ended at the end of June.

And surely TFC should be the ones who should fuck off here. Nelson is integral to QPR's defence, and QPR is in a relegation battle that they have hope in. The last thing they should be doing is letting Nelson go. It's not in their best interest. I'm not convinced that TFC, despite claims to the contrary, have actually shown QPR respect ... and I'm not sure why respect should be shown to TFC, simply because TFC announced that he was coming here ... surely QPR should have been the one to make an announcement about the date - not TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's all smoke and mirrors from Arry. They just put Anton Ferdinand on loan. Arry needs the optics to look good for the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Couldn't agree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps Nelson should take a red card in second half stoppage time. Then he doesn't have to worry about playing on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rangers fans singing "One Ryan Nelsen" at the end of the game. Looks like a guy who's played his last game for QPR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    TFC kept their mouths shut? If so it must be by a technique of putting ones hands in front of their mouth while they were talking. They weren't exactly subtle when they were hinting left, right, and centre, that they expected to get him long before his contract ended at the end of June.
    I'd like to see a link to where anyone at TFC suggested that Nelsen would be here before June. From what everyone was writing - both here and in the media - after the presser, the general feeling seemed to be that we likely wouldn't get him until well into the season. And I didn't hear anything from them either that suggested that QPR was going to let him go.

And surely TFC should be the ones who should fuck off here. Nelson is integral to QPR's defence, and QPR is in a relegation battle that they have hope in. The last thing they should be doing is letting Nelson go. It's not in their best interest. I'm not convinced that TFC, despite claims to the contrary, have actually shown QPR respect ... and I'm not sure why respect should be shown to TFC, simply because TFC announced that he was coming here ... surely QPR should have been the one to make an announcement about the date - not TFC.
    TFC wouldn't have officially announced Nelsen's arrival date unless it was agreed upon by the team that he's currently contracted to. To go back on that and publicly state that you're trying to convince him to put off his new job just to play one more game is unprofessional and disrespectful to TFC who need him in training camp. It's disrespectful because 'Arry is acting as if TFC is just Nelsen's retirement project that can be put on hold and not a legit next job.
    And IIRC, it was Nelsen himself who said that he would be here on Feb 1. And why should QPR make the announcement if it was agreed upon?
    Last edited by Ajax TFC; 01-29-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this was his last game, it was a great way to end his career. A clean sheet against Man City? Can't get much better than that for a defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about what the legal implications are here, but I would strongly suspect TFC heavily has QPR by the balls. Doubt they can stop Nelsen from retiring as a player and going behind the bench, for whatever reason he chooses. So while this is being framed as "letting him go", I would suspect "let" has nothing to do with it. It's all about RN and what he feels his obligations are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't QPR poach a couple of prospects from TFC's academy last year?

If so - karma's a bitch, innit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in TFC land can these conversations exist. Thank god for WCQ in March.