Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Alan Gordon with a brace, including extra time goal as SJ beats LA 3-2 while a man down
    As mentioned Cronin set it up. What a fabulous ball that was too. Outstanding!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    fucking hell, Soolsma has signed with a second division club in Australia.

http://www.smfc.com.au/news/1328/exc...ns-with-south/
    Good luck Nicky! I miss him. He looked so slow and awkward but he did some very good things for us. It was nice to watch that video and rekindle some nice memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What!? No love for Chad Barrett's golazo last night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher now with his 5th goal in 11 games in Finland.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher now with his 7th and 8th goals in 13 matches for his second division Finish side who are in first place. At only 19 years old I wonder what TFC didn't like about him? Will be interesting to see if he keeps up this pace where will end up next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher now with his 7th and 8th goals in 13 matches for his second division Finish side who are in first place. At only 19 years old I wonder what TFC didn't like about him? Will be interesting to see if he keeps up this pace where will end up next year.
    when I saw him play in a reserve match...I was shocked in his abilities, he played a strong positional game and held well , yes he seemed really small but why unlike everywhere else in the world, does size matter so much here. It seems the majority of new stars are small and quick , so why ignore the talent . It seems we actually have poor poor talent accessors .Hence not now using academy talent now and bringing in USFL minor league filler. Will this be the eventual crippling blow to the academy?
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What position is he playing with his club? I have a hard believing he's playing as a LB.

If he keeps this up, then I could see him being transfer to Bundesliga 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    when I saw him play in a reserve match...I was shocked in his abilities, he played a strong positional game and held well , yes he seemed really small but why unlike everywhere else in the world, does size matter so much here. It seems the majority of new stars are small and quick , so why ignore the talent . It seems we actually have poor poor talent accessors .Hence not now using academy talent now and bringing in USFL minor league filler. Will this be the eventual crippling blow to the academy?
    Yes! TFCA is going to hurt in a big way if TFC first team keeps signing journeyman players who have no business playing in MLS over talented kids with upside to become good players in MLS.
    Last edited by TFC07; 07-14-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't want any of our Academy players brought up right now. We already have a pretty green team as is, and these kids would be sitting on the bench. Right now they're better off where they are getting playing minutes. What's lacking is an option between the academy and the first team - and the reserve league, even if expanded, is not the right place for it.

Look at Quillan Roberts - remember him? He's the keeper we signed out of the academy when Frei went down. I think he's played 45 minutes for us in the Liverpool friendly. He backed up Koci for a bit until Freddy Hall came in and was relegated to 3rd keeper. The two keepers ahead of him (Kocic and Hall) are gone, Frei came back and now we have Bendik.

Leave the kids to play in the Academy and once they've exhausted that, sign them and loan them out to get more playing time. Bring them back when they're ready and we have a more stable environment for them to grow and develop in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, its like they don't realize the talent pool in the GTA, the potential is immense. I don't understand how we couldn't have just signed him to a pro contract, then loan him out to a club like similar to the one he is playing at. Its a win-win situation, he gets playing time, and TFC retains the right if he turns out alright. The salary is minimal and a non factor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoever set up the Kocic loan with the Serbian White Eagles was brilliant (or had their one moment). That's how it's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Whoever set up the Kocic loan with the Serbian White Eagles was brilliant (or had their one moment). That's how it's done.
    If I remember correctly, the person who pushed hardest for that, was Kocic.

We clearly aren't getting it in terms of the needs of playing time to develop young players. What are we ever going to get out of Kyle Bekker if he's not going to play for the first team and we aren't going to loan him out either? Complete waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn't Kevin Payne said he's in talks with lower division team to set up a relationship where TFC can loan their younger players for playing time in return for cash to help lower division team? I believe he mention this like a month or two ago on TFC TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will believe that when I see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    What position is he playing with his club? I have a hard believing he's playing as a LB.

If he keeps this up, then I could see him being transfer to Bundesliga 2.
    He's playing left wing. Someone on the Voyageurs forum said that when he joined TFCA they converted him to a LB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finnish 2nd div... sounds about PDL quality
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep...Finnish 2nd div is several levels below MLS quality. Of course, I'm happy he's doing well, but I didn't realize he was playing at such a low level. That changes my outlook a bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can't be that poor players like REB got a transfer from the Finish second division to the 2 Bundesliga. How often does that happen in PDL? I think uouy guys are under estimating the level of play there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can't be that poor players like REB got a transfer from the Finish second division to the 2 Bundesliga. How often does that happen in PDL? I think uouy guys are under estimating the level of play there.
    show me that Finnish 2nd div players get consistently transferred to 2 bundesliga. and for the record, REB sucked balls at 2 bundesliga
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Bostock signed with Antwerp in the Dutch 2nd division.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Yep...Finnish 2nd div is several levels below MLS quality. Of course, I'm happy he's doing well, but I didn't realize he was playing at such a low level. That changes my outlook a bit.
    its not like we could actually beat any of the USFL clubs ourselves presently.......definitely need a partnership with a lower league though.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad Pasher is doing well , no matter what the level. I went to a few academy games last year and he was one of the players that stood out for me.

As for not having a place to play between CSL & MLS that is all TFCs fault. The Whitecaps and Impact both have U23 squads playing in the US but TFC chooses to cap the age on their academy squad at 18 in the CSL and cut players loose at 18. There are things they could do but they just don't do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    John Bostock signed with Antwerp in the Dutch 2nd division.
    Belgian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    John Bostock signed with Antwerp in the Belgian 2nd division.
    Royal Antwerp FC, according to wiki ... "Despite being one of Belgium's best-supported clubs, Antwerp have floundered in the second tier of the league for several years and are perennial under-achievers." ... seems a good fit for Bostock

well, maybe one of my all-time-favourite-good-guys, Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, can turn him around

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see O'Dea got a goal (the winner) in his first game for Metalurg Donetsk! Good on him.

http://metallurg.donetsk.ua/en/news/?id=10477
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silva potted in another goal for DC United. 2 goals in 2 games

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lttp : Thanks for this - I enjoyed watching his highlight reel - one of my favourite players.

SMFC highlight video - Comments from Nicky @ 9:07 - sounds like he could be talking about TFC !

Last edited by TOBOR !; 07-28-2013 at 12:29 AM.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Julian DeGuzman with Xanthi in Greece.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ welcome to two weeks ago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peri Marosevic scores first goal for reborn Cosmos franchise last night
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”