Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonderful John Carter interview on TFC video....class act he still follows us , he's visiting the training grounds AND said he wouldn't hesitate for a minute to come back. Has long term deal with Newcastle.....nice to see\hear
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    wonderful John Carter interview on TFC video....class act he still follows us , he's visiting the training grounds AND said he wouldn't hesitate for a minute to come back. Has long term deal with Newcastle.....nice to see\hear
    Sounds about right. With MoJo here he knew nothing could get done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...t-swap-players

Interpret this as you will, but Eric Avila 'training' with Chivas Guadalajara. Players normally don't 'train' with another club mid season. So is at least a trial with a Liga MX team.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Classy.

Now here's a question. Is it possible that he is here to check out a possible future job with TFC?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 06-12-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wonderful John Carter interview...
    Like, I know we've had some whacked out loannees they've interviewed over the years, but to interview a character from Edgar Rice Burroughs?!?! Have they been going along with the mayor on his trips?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Oldtimer Why? To my knowledge he has been a pretty good assistant at Newcastle. I'm sure after watching a game or two in MLS he will be reminded why he left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of all former TFC'ers (players incld / everyone), JOHN CARVER is up there as one of my favorites...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...se-confirms-er

Eek, Ensco, this one should drive you nuts. Avila off to the Mexican League.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ How has this useless player actually become good, never mind, this is just TFC proving once again how utter shit management has been. Got to be kidding me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    ^^ How has this useless player actually become good, never mind, this is just TFC proving once again how utter shit management has been. Got to be kidding me.
    He was never useless; his skill level was obvious. He was just used incorrectly and has, obviously, some issues on the mental side of the game (and the same was true in Dallas, where Hyndman benched him pretty much permanently). In a setup where most of the movement is prescribed support and keeping possession, he'll probably thrive.

People forget that coaches make poor, human decisions too. Often a guy just has to "rub them the wrong way" in terms of his outward personality and in some people's minds he'll quickly be condemned as untalented, too. Most people's perspectives (of anything in life) are far more fed by their own preexisting biases based on limited knowledge than by investigation. So if a coach thinks a guy is "weird" or "mouthy" or "quiet" or "too smart", believe me, that's enough to not only get him benched, but also convince half the crowd he deserved it.

I think he has huge technique but makes risky and poor decisions with the ball. That can be overcome if a player has the skill and the right mindset. But who knows?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Classy.

Now here's a question. Is it possible that he is here to check out a possible future job with TFC?
    just hearing from someone respectable saying he still followed us and cared is such a change esp with the real lack of passion/ or results around this year. seems like a straight up and up nice guy......I needed that . simple as that.......tired of BS, simply longing for a classy team win or lose....I would expect of course that John stays his term at Newcastle..I'd hate to see a gentleman thrown into our unpredictable mix at the present. (I'm tired of seeing haters turn on players/coaches,...as a sport around here).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Pasher scored the first goal in a 3-0 win yesterday and has played ever match for Kemi who are currently second in the table.
    Pasher scored again yesterday and is being played a winger. Here is a write up from the Voyageurs forum.

"Tyler Pasher plays 90 again. SCORES again, his third of the season, in the 44th minute. Another rout for Kemi, playing a team at the opposite end of the table, as YPA and PS Kemi continue to seperate themselves from the rest of the pack in the Kakkonen. Tyler continues his streak of having played every minute this season.

I can now confirm that yes, Pasher had two assists in the last game against KPV, both crosses to Christian Eissele, and another almost assist that the keeper stopped. One was a beauty from open play from the left, where he beat a defender and gave a flick in. Another off a set piece from the right. Having watched basically every minute I can that is uploaded to youtube, I can confirm that Pasher is NOT playing defender, he has been moved to an LM or more specifically, from the looks of things, LW position. His goal was walking in on a header, but he also almost scored on two other occasions. Can also confirm he celebrates goals like DeRo. The attendance was a staggering 407 people."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice he's playing well, but look at the league he's playing in and compare it to MLS. Finnish 2nd division league is nowhere as good as MLS. Playing in Finnish 2nd division like playing for PDL team.

Hopefully he's success in Finland helps him get a better deal in the better league somewhere else (maybe return to TFC?).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nick Dasovic now an assistant in SJ:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/molin...sistant-coach/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...se-confirms-er

Eek, Ensco, this one should drive you nuts. Avila off to the Mexican League.
    Just saw this jloome. You are right, I have something to say here.

As you obviously recall, he was an elite player in Dallas who was available because he was on an expiring contract. We got him cheap (for Maicon Santos) because everyone thought we were not going to be able to sign him. To see him actually sign, that was promising. Not for long, because he just sat.

To just lose him for nothing (he was unprotected in the re entry draft, that list was done before Payne got here), that was especially nuts. If I'm Payne, Earl Cochrane has some frickin' 'splainin' to do. How did this happen? Cochrane will probably try to pin it on Mariner, but I wouldn't be buying that entirely.

How can anyone off a roster that finished 19th out of 19, by a mile, be the best pick in the reentry draft? It's one of the worst moves ever for the TFC FO, and that is saying something. Anyone who touched it should be gone. Anyone.

People thought it was OK just because Winter and Mariner said so. Avila took a lot of ridiculous criticism on this board. In reality, it was Exhibit A of the inability to manage talent that was going on here. Not sure you can find a better case study of how to destroy value.

No player was ever less well understood in these parts than Eric Avila.

Glad to see him thriving again. Best of luck to him.
    Last edited by ensco; 06-16-2013 at 02:58 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avila is just another talented player that wasn't utilized properly within this organization. The list is long and distinguished.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

As you obviously recall, he was an elite player in Dallas who was available because he was on an expiring contract. We got him cheap (for Maicon Santos) because everyone thought we were not going to be able to sign him. To see him actually sign, that was promising. Not for long, because he just sat.

To just lose him for nothing (he was unprotected in the re entry draft, that list was done before Payne got here), that was especially nuts. If I'm Payne, Earl Cochrane has some frickin' 'splainin' to do. How did this happen? Cochrane will probably try to pin it on Mariner, but I wouldn't be buying that entirely.

How can anyone off a roster that finished 19th out of 19, by a mile, be the best pick in the reentry draft? It's one of the worst moves ever for the TFC FO, and that is saying something. Anyone who touched it should be gone. Anyone.

People thought it was OK just because Winter and Mariner said so. Avila took a lot of ridiculous criticism on this board. In reality, it was Exhibit A of the inability to manage talent that was going on here. Not sure you can find a better case study of how to destroy value.

he had great skill, not sure of why he disappeared sometimes but who of us wouldn't get bitter if you're never given a chance.....his syle may suit Mexico and one has to have skills to play there...it's not always about rough play as MLS unfortunately is known for. Love the way we sometimes critique players for attitude yet if you wanna be a pro you have to have it.....and many are simply very young pros needing some nurturing.......and that takes quality coaches, I guess there are many wanna be's of those around but few to deliver the goods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I'm Payne, Earl Cochrane has some frickin' 'splainin' to do. How did this happen? Cochrane will probably try to pin it on Mariner, but I wouldn't be buying that entirely.
    If I'm Payne, Cochrane also has to explain the Plata fiasco. He has been wonderful in Salt Lake. It may not show in big numbers but he has been superb.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From Skysports....."Scunthorpe have agreed a deal to sign winger Andy Welsh following his release from Carlisle. The former Sunderland man will pen a one-year deal and the Iron will have the option of an extra year".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    From Skysports....."Scunthorpe have agreed a deal to sign winger Andy Welsh following his release from Carlisle. The former Sunderland man will pen a one-year deal and the Iron will have the option of an extra year".
    So will he start dating Sporty Spice now (4:15-4:50)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Avila was actually out of contract this year. No doubt Mariner didn't want him anyways, but he was far from good. Even Colorado dealt him away for LaBrocca no less so when he's consistency starting in Mexico in 6 months, please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dont think its fair to judge true talent during the mariner saga anyway

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Avila was actually out of contract this year. No doubt Mariner didn't want him anyways, but he was far from good. Even Colorado dealt him away for LaBrocca no less so when he's consistency starting in Mexico in 6 months, please let me know.
    A contract offer equal to his previous contract (125k) would have been enough to retain his MLS rights. Also, Colorado traded him before training camp so it's not like they didn't like what they saw. I imagine it was more that Chivas offered them a player who they knew (because he played there before) for him, so they accepted.

Also, I hear that he was Chivas' best and basically only outstanding player until they sent him to the bigger Chivas.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    A contract offer equal to his previous contract (125k) would have been enough to retain his MLS rights. Also, Colorado traded him before training camp so it's not like they didn't like what they saw. I imagine it was more that Chivas offered them a player who they knew (because he played there before) for him, so they accepted.

Also, I hear that he was Chivas' best and basically only outstanding player until they sent him to the bigger Chivas.
    *coughDanKennedycough*

aaaand more on Avila in Mexico
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...urn-chivas-usa
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    A contract offer equal to his previous contract (125k) would have been enough to retain his MLS rights.
    I doubt he would have signed it given that the clowns were at the helm.

Also, Colorado traded him before training camp so it's not like they didn't like what they saw. I imagine it was more that Chivas offered them a player who they knew (because he played there before) for him, so they accepted.
    He's been playing in the MLS for 4 years. The scouting report is there for all to see. Dallas who plays a much more possession style 4-2-3-1 didn't see much value in him either and then Colorado trading him for an okay starter / decent MLS player. I guess he was misunderstood in those parts too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I doubt he would have signed it given that the clowns were at the helm.

He's been playing in the MLS for 4 years. The scouting report is there for all to see. Dallas who plays a much more possession style 4-2-3-1 didn't see much value in him either and then Colorado trading him for an okay starter / decent MLS player. I guess he was misunderstood in those parts too.
    you don't attract attention of 2 Liga MX teams by sucking. and Mexican teams are very picky about Yanks they sign

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fucking hell, Soolsma has signed with a second division club in Australia.

http://www.smfc.com.au/news/1328/exc...ns-with-south/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan Gordon with a brace, including extra time goal as SJ beats LA 3-2 while a man down

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Alan Gordon with a brace, including extra time goal as SJ beats LA 3-2 while a man down
    against LA though; always does that to LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    against LA though; always does that to LA
    Gordan's game winner was result of perfect chip by none other than Sam Cronin!