The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Two goals for Maicon Santos tonight as Chicago surprises NYRB 3-1. The first of the two was superb. The second, a tap in that he did not miss.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...hlights/216166
    Just watched the highlights. It's funny how 100% left-footed Maicon Santos is. The first goal was stab with his left, the 2nd a tap-in. Both would have been much easier with the right foot, but he doesn't do that even when he's inches from goal. (Frankly I think it's funny when any player at this level is so completely stuck with only using one foot.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two goals for Maicon Santos tonight as Chicago surprises NYRB 3-1. The first of the two was superb. The second, a tap in that he did not miss.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...hlights/216166
    Awful defending there. Seems like Santos has played for every team in MLS. I don't know why he can't stick to one team for a long period of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Just watched the highlights. It's funny how 100% left-footed Maicon Santos is. The first goal was stab with his left, the 2nd a tap-in. Both would have been much easier with the right foot, but he doesn't do that even when he's inches from goal. (Frankly I think it's funny when any player at this level is so completely stuck with only using one foot.)
    Perhaps but by going with the outside of his left foot on the first goal, I think he fooled the keeper as, as you say, the inside of the right foot would have seemed the thing to do but the lunge to get it with his left meant he shot a bit earlier than the keeper would have expected. That’s my theory anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Awful defending there. Seems like Santos has played for every team in MLS. I don't know why he can't stick to one team for a long period of time.
    The commentators were discussing that and while they had no evidence as to what the problem might be, one did say that something was obviously wrong there. I recall Aron Winter telling me that he was too greedy. It is hard to disagree with that sentiment but I think I countered with a comment about how he could shoot like nobody else on the team. Obviously this was after he'd been dealt.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps but by going with the outside of his left foot on the first goal, I think he fooled the keeper as, as you say, the inside of the right foot would have seemed the thing to do but the lunge to get it with his left meant he shot a bit earlier than the keeper would have expected. That’s my theory anyway.

If it works & he scores, it's all good! I can just remember some other times where he contorted himself to use his left foot, or wasted time by getting the ball to the left -- and didn't score...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    If it works & he scores, it's all good! I can just remember some other times where he contorted himself to use his left foot, or wasted time by getting the ball to the left -- and didn't score...
    he also missed great passing options many times while doing those contortions and not scoring with his left, head down, going for glory

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    i heard mariner goes pants-off behind the broadcast desk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alan "Pillow Feet" Gordon features prominently in his first start of the season, with a sublime touch for an assist on Wondo goal, and lots of nice set up play. He's all over the highlight reel.

He also played a role in the other goal scored in the game. He missed two minutes of game time in 2nd half while changing his boots. And not just him. Two SJ players at the same time. Shitecaps took full advantage.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...VAN/highlights

Gordon post-game: "It was really disappointing, I thought we had a great performance tonight and that’s what’s going to stick out. We lost a few points there because . . . it was a mistake. I take full responsibility for that. I feel like I let the team down, left them without two guys. They took advantage of it and we got punished.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...urn-field-i-ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ex-Toronto FC mid-fielder gives back to his community

A teacher by day, soccer coach by night, Richard Asante, 28, has taken his organization — the Asante Soccer Academy (ASA) — to new heights. The former Toronto FC defensive midfielder stresses the importance of respect and team work.....

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePag...tm_source=t.co

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyler Pasher, is playing in Finland's 3rd division. The 3rd tier is shaped sort of like the Serie C in Italy so its a start for sure but at least he's still in the sport. The team is called PS Kemi Kings in the city of Kemi, Finland.

It's really too bad for the kids that have signed from TFC Academy, they havent found a home:

- Keith Makubuya
    - Nicholas Lindsay
    - Oscar Cordon
    Last edited by [NBF]; 04-14-2013 at 06:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lindsay signed for SC Waterloo
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Tyler Pasher, is playing in Finland's 3rd division. The 3rd tier is shaped sort of like the Serie C in Italy so its a start for sure but at least he's still in the sport. The team is called PS Kemi Kings in the city of Kemi, Finland.

It's really too bad for the kids that have signed from TFC Academy, they havent found a home:

- Keith Makubuya
    - Nicholas Lindsay
    - Oscar Cordon
    You'll have to include Matt Stinson as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article about Frings:

Life after MLS: Frings and the German Presence in the Football World
    http://www.soccer365.com/news/featur...football_world

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matt Stinson on trial with Vancouver
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- Keith Makubuya
    - Nicholas Lindsay
    - Oscar Cordon
    A couple of them are on trial across the pond in Europe
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...Doncaster.html

Carl Robinson linked to Wolves job

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings might make a comeback with Alemannia Aachen, 4th div Germany

http://www.liga3-online.de/torsten-f...mannia-aachen/

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Mind boggling. He should really retire for good, playing the in the 4th division? I call bullshit on this rumor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A player of his personal quality? Id say he does it. Its his first team, the team he started on. His loyalties with them would run deeper then his loyalties to werder bremen. I can see him doing it 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess who I bumped into today while vacationing in HK?

Aron Winter, as part of a Ajax All Stars team, participated in the HK Football Sevens.

That said, he kind of ran off before I could ask what he was up to as soon as I mentioned I was a TFC fan. :S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Guess who I bumped into today while vacationing in HK?

Aron Winter, as part of a Ajax All Stars team, participated in the HK Football Sevens.

That said, he kind of ran off before I could ask what he was up to as soon as I mentioned I was a TFC fan. :S
    Small world eh.. That's really cool.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Frings now training to be a coach at Bremen:

http://www.dw.de/torsten-frings-retu...ing/a-16858770
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Frings might make a comeback with Alemannia Aachen, 4th div Germany

http://www.liga3-online.de/torsten-f...mannia-aachen/
    I didn't see this until now. The thought at the time was, he would take his coaching course in Köln, and play with Aachen for free. However, that won't happen since he will be be doing his coach's training in Bremen instead.

However, one of the comments under the article is funny. "KA" says he saw a TFC game in Toronto in April, and feels the Regional-Liga (= German 4th division) is much better!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kocic FINALLY got an MLS start with the Timbers.
    WE DID IT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pasher scored the first goal in a 3-0 win yesterday and has played ever match for Kemi who are currently second in the table.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock should end up at a Div 1 team, hopefully that will be able and willing to play him where he feels comfortable (Central Mid). He was a bad fit for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Bostock should end up at a Div 1 team, hopefully that will be able and willing to play him where he feels comfortable (Central Mid). He was a bad fit for us.
    IMO, Bostock was as good as Ryan Johnson. He should have been playing as a striker pairing with Earnshaw, but its too late now. Someone in MLS will like him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Carver visits the TFC training ground

http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2013/0...r-june-11-2013