Page 37 of 43 FirstFirst ... 27333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1266
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Richie is on the bench for Forest in their FA Cup match at Leicester about to Kick Off!
    Great quality stream here:
    http://mk.freestreams-live1.com/skysparena3/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    So Giovinco will join TFC at the same time as Insigne for 1/2 the salary cap hit and thus not need a DP tag.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll just leave this here. Not often an assistant coach makes the news.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...nager-26202322

I'm just gonna say that when Armas was sacked by TFC, I was the one person on this board warning everyone he was going to bring down Man United and all of you called my a fool. Well who's the fool now?!!!!
    Last edited by Canary10; 02-11-2022 at 09:39 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post

I'm just gonna say that when Armas was sacked by TFC, I was the one person on this board warning everyone he was going to bring down Man United and all of you called my a fool. Well who's the fool now?!!!!
    Ted Lasso is too much of a compliment to Armas... most damming line "managed Toronto last year, winning just two of 15 games before he was sacked."

This is too funny.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Tactically inflexible. That's how I would describe him. He might know how to teach the Red Bull way - but even that is akin to a Jr Customer Service Rep just reading through a manual when answering your questions/complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, others shared the sentiment. I wouldn't even send him to Norwich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Tactically inflexible. That's how I would describe him. He might know how to teach the Red Bull way - but even that is akin to a Jr Customer Service Rep just reading through a manual when answering your questions/complaints.
    I actually feel a bit sad for him. just waiting for him to move Fred to the wing and Dalot to CDM beside McTominay

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I actually feel a bit sad for him. just waiting for him to move Fred to the wing and Dalot to CDM beside McTominay
    uuurrrggghh this man has ruined my football on both sides of pond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So La Samp vs. A.C. Milan tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM.
    Yes for Oliver, no for Zlatan?
    Lots of internet speculation about Giovinco playing...
    Between the obvious won't dress, will be in lineup but won't play, will come off bench and play some minutes, to will start.
    All unclear, I have seen nothing official as of earlier today.
    One way or another I will be trying to tune in to understand or see; especially if he plays. Could be interesting.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-12-2022 at 06:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uuurrrggghh this man has ruined my football on both sides of pond
    In fairness Ragnarok has ruined your football on the other side. Armas is just there for the ride.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    So La Samp vs. A.C. Milan tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM.
    Yes for Oliver, no for Zlatan?
    Lots of internet speculation about Giovinco playing...
    Between the obvious won't dress, will be in lineup but won't play, will come off bench and play some minutes, to will start.
    All unclear, I have seen nothing official as of earlier today.
    One way or another I will be trying to tune in to understand or see; especially if he plays. Could be interesting.
    No Cinderella story for samp and no sign of gio or zlatan as giroud led the line. 11 on the bench and 5 subs I would expect if he has anything left in those legs gio should make an appearance soon.

I noticed Laryea didn’t make the bench last game either vs stoke. Must be a big adjustment to the mid season pace of the European season arriving in pre season form.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In fairness Ragnarok has ruined your football on the other side. Armas is just there for the ride.
    LMAO - That's what I call him as well. Fitting name.

Red Bull football is toxic garbage, just like the drink.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcocd View Post
    No Cinderella story for samp and no sign of gio or zlatan as giroud led the line. 11 on the bench and 5 subs I would expect if he has anything left in those legs gio should make an appearance soon.

I noticed Laryea didn’t make the bench last game either vs stoke. Must be a big adjustment to the mid season pace of the European season arriving in pre season form.
    Yes, I too noticed that. Also agree about the pre-season lag.

Some of the more specific EFL Championship followers comments, as well as the general ones, that I've read have been along the lines of... 'hope it works out for him, but the Championship is tough'. We will see if he gets a fair chance at being played.

I am a supporter of Laryea. I understand his window was likely now or never.

I just have conflicting reasoning about his decision and skill set. Some of it may involve selfishness; he's ours... Red T'ill Dead. I believe I know what he is capable of in the MLS, for TFC and even CMNT. However, just not that convinced his play will yet translate well to EFLC/EPL standards. He's tricky which will suit The Trees, but apart from an occasional defensive lapse, I have concerns about his at times in game frustration/attitude- feistiness with opponents. I enjoy it in MLS and for Internationals. I don't know if it will serve him well in that league. It should, but it can also go sideways quickly and unforgivably with the fans and with performance reputation; in the abstract sense sort of like Jozy at Sunderland.

Hopefully Richie will acclimatize quickly. There is also no reason that he should not be well coached; Steve Cooper is doing an incredible job with The Garibaldi.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-13-2022 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I too noticed that. Also agree about the pre-season lag.

Some of the more specific EFL Championship followers comments, as well as the general ones, that I've read have been along the lines of... 'hope it works out for him, but the Championship is tough'. We will see if he gets a fair chance at being played.

I am a supporter of Laryea. I understand his window was likely now or never.

I just have conflicting reasoning about his decision and skill set. Some of it may involve selfishness; he's ours... Red T'ill Dead. I believe I know what he is capable of in the MLS, for TFC and even CMNT. However, just not that convinced his play will yet translate well to EFLC/EPL standards. He's tricky which will suit The Trees, but apart from an occasional defensive lapse, I have concerns about his at times in game frustration/attitude- feistiness with opponents. I enjoy it in MLS and for Internationals. I don't know if it will serve him well in that league. It should, but it can also go sideways quickly and unforgivably with the fans and with performance reputation; in the abstract sense sort of like Jozy at Sunderland.

Hopefully Richie will acclimatize quickly. There is also no reason that he should not be well coached; Steve Cooper is doing an incredible job with The Garibaldi.
    Nottingham Forest has two solid wingbacks on either side, especially Spence on the right. I can't see him dislodging either as a starter. Not making the bench is a bit a worrisome though. Spence is gone for greener pastures after this season. If Richie can work hard and hang in there next season is when he'll get a good shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO - That's what I call him as well. Fitting name.

Red Bull football is toxic garbage, just like the drink.
    It's just another piece of the failure of Ed Woodward. He needs to go if Man U is going back to former glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just another piece of the failure of Ed Woodward. He needs to go if Man U is going back to former glory.
    Ed, no Ed; Ed no more?

Wikipedia... is an English accountant and investment banker who was the executive vice-chairman and effectively the chief executive overseeing the operations of Manchester United until February 1 2022. Richard Arnold succeeded him in his role.[2][3][4][5]

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Ed's long gone. Well, not long gone, it's only been a couple weeks.

But Armas is there - and if we learned anything about his time at TFC - if he's anywhere to be found, then that club is probably at it's absolute lowest point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo assists on both Tigres goals tonight in a 2-1 win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Soteldo (only here because i am talking about him but could also be the team moving forward) Says as much about how poorly constructed the team was last year, we collectively focus on the defensive end. It’s hard not to when you give up a goal in the first 15 minutes.

But, the offense was equally as bad, clearly injuries took a toll (which i blame on the Armas training regime until proven wrong). I still think Sotelo’s mindset was wrong for TFC, he was skilled but he really did not have anyone of high quality healthy or at least all healthy together for a period of time, got frustrated easily, took on too much, dribbled into crowded spaces with no outlet or someone in the box as a target to cross to (both assists on Sun, were exactly that) etc.. How many point blank misses did Dwyer, or Mullinho (sorry) botch. It became a cycle, bad offense with no pressure heaps massive pressure on a bad defense, opposition can press at will, hold a high line etc.

Soteldo will do fine with Ginac, Gonzalez, Thauvin, Quinones etc., he has targets and space, with a real coach maybe some personal discipline. It is easy to blame the player but I think it was a lot more. I am glad he is gone but TFC need a massive culture re-build and hopefully BB is the right guy. Maybe moving players that dont buy in no matter how how good, need to move on. I really like Lawrence and Auro but if they don’t fit then a subtraction is an addition.

So bring in the right players, re-build a team and winning is contagious.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-21-2022 at 11:36 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ...but TFC need a massive culture re-build and hopefully BB is the right guy. Maybe moving players that don't buy in no matter how good, need to move on. I really like Lawrence and Auro but if they don’t fit then a subtraction is an addition... So bring in the right players, re-build a team and winning is contagious.
    I think this is the 'Personnel' part of Bob The Builder's philosophy and plan for TFC.
    It seems to be a new experience ( wholesale housecleaning?) for the Team and Supporters.
    Hopefully, and eventually (2 more windows?) it has success and brings the final results.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think this is the 'Personnel' part of Bob The Builder's philosophy and plan for TFC.
    It seems to be a new experience ( wholesale housecleaning?) for the Team and Supporters.
    Hopefully, and eventually (2 more windows?) it has success and brings the final results.
    2 more windows for sure. You can't rebuild a team in 1 window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that the maxim is to give a coach three transfer windows to get the team they want. If there is not an improvement, then a club needs to find a replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm.. Richie still not on even on the bench for Nottingham vs. Preston North End today.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    Hmmm.. Richie still not on even on the bench for Nottingham vs. Preston North End today.
    Sure hope Richies on a large pay raise compared to what he was making here. Looks like he will be riding the pine in England

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Sure hope Richies on a large pay raise compared to what he was making here. Looks like he will be riding the pine in England
    I think it's going to be hard for him to get in this year because of the quality Nottingham Forest has at wingback. Especially on the right with Spence. Spence won't be there next year, as Jloome mentioned above. If Richie can hang in there and do the work he'll get his chance next year.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think it's going to be hard for him to get in this year because of the quality Nottingham Forest has at wingback. Especially on the right with Spence. Spence won't be there next year, as Jloome mentioned above. If Richie can hang in there and do the work he'll get his chance next year.
    I still think this was a bad move for him. He could've gotten in at a better club that actually required his services immediately IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think this was a bad move for him. He could've gotten in at a better club that actually required his services immediately IMO.
    Yeah, this is very frustrating. Though maybe he's injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah possibly. I’m not sure he could expect to start on a team fighting for promotion but another mid-table team just off the playoffs he could. Should have looked for a team weaker in that position.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah possibly. I’m not sure he could expect to start on a team fighting for promotion but another mid-table team just off the playoffs he could. Should have looked for a team weaker in that position.
    My thoughts exactly.