Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1265
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still can't believe we released Mark Anthony Kaye at the TFC II level. It's staggering. He destroyed Seattle last night; covering everything, tackles all over, pinpoint passing, three assists. Jesus H, we must have the worst youth scouting on the planet to have missed this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It just shows that there was something broken at the Academy level for years. Don't know if that's still the case. But I hope they've learned some lessons over the years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I still can't believe we released Mark Anthony Kaye at the TFC II level. It's staggering. He destroyed Seattle last night; covering everything, tackles all over, pinpoint passing, three assists. Jesus H, we must have the worst youth scouting on the planet to have missed this guy.
    If we had some independent journalists, these are some of the questions that need to be asked. Kaye left TFC II before the 2016 season; that was after Vanney and Manning had arrived at TFC; and long after Bezbatchenko started here. (Wow Bez started with TFC in Sept. 2013; I forgot it had been so long.) Why was Kaye not identified and nurtured? What are they doing to avoid more mistakes like that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like they say, hindsight is 20/20. Maybe he showed something here and maybe not. Sometimes it comes down to being in the right situation, perhaps the place for that was not here. Things like this are bound to happen. They happen everywhere and they will happen again. I wouldn't crap on anyone too much for this, but as Canadians we should be happy that the kid is absolutely balling right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jason Bent's punishment for this was to move up to the big club....

Didn’t we try to convert Kaye to LB or something?

(Actually, if someone knows, don’t tell me. I don’t want to know....)
    Last edited by ensco; 04-22-2019 at 10:12 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quillan Roberts started for ForgeFC on Wednesday - picked up the clean sheet.
    Emery Welshman scored his first CAN PL goal on the night as well.
    Kyle Bekker still out serving multi game suspension... should be back for next home game.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does somebody know if Adrian Serioux works for DAZN now? They have an announcer that sounds ALOT like him.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Victor Vazquez has moved on loan to Qatari club Umm Salal Sports Club for a one year deal.

I guess Seba isn't the only one who doesn't enjoy life in Saudi Arabia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Victor Vazquez has moved on loan to Qatari club Umm Salal Sports Club for a one year deal.

I guess Seba isn't the only one who doesn't enjoy life in Saudi Arabia.
    Em, he was never in Saudi. He's moved from one Qatari team to another. Which on the surface strikes me as a bit odd.

Deportivo La Courna picked up Aketxe today
    Last edited by Areathrasher; 07-13-2019 at 11:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Bloom is now a financial advisor in Atlanta with Edward Jones.

https://www.edwardjones.com/financia...qT9C6MAkXgmWn1

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former TFC midfielder Toni Tchani now playing for the Eddies. He was briefly a Red in 2011, playing 13 games under Winter. His only thing of note was getting red carded (a second yellow) for his single goal for TFC and its celebration.

He got traded to the Crew for Iro.

https://canpl.ca/article/a-player-wh...signing-tchani
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-07-2019 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terrence Boyd had a big game this past weekend in Germany. A great goal (around one minute mark) and two assists. He plays for the top team in Bundesliga 3

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cQejUqCz0
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This one made me pretty happy. Remember Tyler Pasher, he of the Liverpool performance in which, as an academy kid, he played so well against some of the world's best.... only to disappear into anonymous USL fullback land?

Turns out he converted to forward last year and scored thirteen goals for Indy 11, so they just re-signed him.

Knew that kid had talent. Didn't know he could score goals though.

https://www.indyeleven.com/news_article/show/1068893

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not at all.

Joey Melo was more relevant.

But good for him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aiden Daniels has signed with Colorado Springs in the USL Championship.

https://www.switchbacksfc.com/news_article/show/1073565

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero has a son at NYCFC?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Dero has a son at NYCFC?

Yeah, Osaze. He was in the Reds academy and played for their side in League 1 Ontario. Not sure what the circumstances were for his move to the NYCFC outfit.

http://nyfc.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...ayer=716418119

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dero has a son at NYCFC?

Geez, five goals in 11 appearances for their u19 squad last year. And he was with our U18 team before that.

Wonder why he moved. That looks like he's starting to turn good. I hope we didn't give up on yet another prospect too early, let alone DeRO's kid. That would suck tremendously.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Geez, five goals in 11 appearances for their u19 squad last year. And he was with our U18 team before that.

Wonder why he moved. That looks like he's starting to turn good. I hope we didn't give up on yet another prospect too early, let alone DeRO's kid. That would suck tremendously.
    Actually, it looks more like 5 goals in 14 appearances this year (2019/2020).

If you look at the TFC roster (http://tfc.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams/...?team=12105880) Russell-Rowe had 16 goals in 9 appearances, Marshall-Rutty had 4 goals in 6 appearances (and he is 3 years younger), Nelson had 5 goals in 5 appearances, and Carlini had 4 in 9 appearances. Not sure if they all play the same/similar positions, but it appears as if TFC have some goal scoring talent. Possibly moved to NYCFC to get out from behind that. Hope it works out for him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mista was just named head coach and GM for the new Athletico Ottawa CPL team at their press conference today.
    Still doesn't speak English well but has experience with all the Athletic Madrid academy teams.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    Mista was just named head coach and GM for the new Athletico Ottawa CPL team at their press conference today.
    Still doesn't speak English well but has experience with all the Athletic Madrid academy teams.

The worst DP signing in Toronto FC history and the second worst DP signing in MLS history (after Denilson). I hope he's much better as a coach. His only notable action for TFC was kicking over a water bottle stand.

It won't be unheard of. Alex Ferguson wasn't that great of a player but was a legendary coach.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 02-11-2020 at 02:42 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The worst DP signing in Toronto FC history and the second worst DP signing in MLS history (after Denilson). I hope he's much better as a coach. His only notable action for TFC was kicking over a water bottle stand.

It won't be unheard of. Alex Ferguson wasn't that great of a player but was a legendary coach.
    Well he scored in Champions league for the Reds, in my eyes it was his signing that cost us Dero.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He will always be Sean Penn to me. Although he looks a lot less like him than he used to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap, you're not joking. I'm going to the AO event by Lansdowne tonight. Maybe he'll be there to answer questions. I'm definitely gong to ask him why he thinks he will be a better coach for Atletico Ottawa than he was player for TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was good player in La Liga with Valencia. This is so random, Ottawa of all places? Maybe is the Julian connection when he was at Deportivo. Why not coach in Spain?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    He was good player in La Liga with Valencia. This is so random, Ottawa of all places? Maybe is the Julian connection when he was at Deportivo. Why not coach in Spain?
    The Atletico family. Atletico are the owners of the Ottawa CPL team. Mista played for Atletico Madrid for many years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect to see Ager Aketxe pop up as the manager of 2030 CPL expansion franchise Athletic Thunder Bay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Robin View Post
    https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/cana...o-ottawa-club/

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully expect to see Ager Aketxe pop up as the manager of 2030 CPL expansion franchise Athletic Thunder Bay.
    good one!
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good one!
    Or say Olivier Tebily for one of the CPL teams in Quebec bringing back the memories of the four games he played with TFC ( :