Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I would like one with Bradley on it!
    The bigger the belly the better the shirt looks LOL.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hogan Ephraim signs for Wycombe in League 2, and will be in the squad to face my mighty Oxford this coming weekend for his first game:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29808141

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe a future TFC head coach, you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by justin View Post
    he's way too classy a guy to be subjected to that.
    yeah i dont want it for either party tbh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Maybe a future TFC head coach, you never know.
    Not a chance. TFC is like 1000th on the list of teams he would work for as coach.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eckersley getting playing time, and getting noticed

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/07/sp...game.html?_r=0
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul B seems to be borrowing something.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/ne...-group-section

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Paul Beirne is in the UK now, and works for Brighton & Hove Albion FC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Paul Beirne is in the UK now, and works for Brighton & Hove Albion FC.
    Thanks...that's what I get for not following him on twitter. What a change a year makes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone who spends a large percentage of my life in Ottawa, I would say that Beirne got hired to help implement the supporters strategy, but it was something Leeder and others have been talking about for years.

Why Beirne left so quickly, I have no idea. Selling tickets for Melnyk in Kanata .... that is not easy.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Toronto Maple Leafs needs a supporter group desperately to bring some excitement to their games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago Fire declined to re-sign Earnshaw at the end of his short contract deal.

He seems to perk them up at first, then got injured and faded. Sound familiar?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.cp24.com/mobile/sports/to...ttle-1.2111715

Pretty good article on Step here. Glad that he's doing well. Always loved Toronto and im glad he got his chance in Seattle and his showing his talents again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^There is an undercurrent in this article of TFC Culture and dysfunctional front office. Is Frei for Jackson a trade that should have been made?

Even worse is its an damning indictment of the coaching we have had at TFC. I don't think its an accident that all these TFC castoffs thrive somewhere else. TFC should have been to the playoffs already if it wasn't for the mediocre coaching that has plagued it for all its existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    ^There is an undercurrent in this article of TFC Culture and dysfunctional front office. Is Frei for Jackson a trade that should have been made?

Even worse is its an damning indictment of the coaching we have had at TFC. I don't think its an accident that all these TFC castoffs thrive somewhere else. TFC should have been to the playoffs already if it wasn't for the mediocre coaching that has plagued it for all its existence.
    Frei wasn't traded for Jackson.

Frei was traded to Seatltle for their 1st round pick this year:
    http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/12...ei-traded-pick

Jackson was picked up for a 2nd round pick and allocation $:
    http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2013/12...kson-fc-dallas

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the 2nd rounder for Jackson got upgraded to a 1st round pick, as Seattle won the Supporter's Shield, their pick is last. Therefore we give that pick up. (at least that is what I've heard).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    I think the 2nd rounder for Jackson got upgraded to a 1st round pick, as Seattle won the Supporter's Shield, their pick is last. Therefore we give that pick up. (at least that is what I've heard).
    That doesn't make a lot of sense... if we trade a player for a conditional draft pick, and the team we trade with wins the Supporter's Shield, why would we give up the pick? If anything, doesn't that usually trigger something better? The way you say it, it's like we're penalized for Frei (and Seattle) doing well after the trade.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    That doesn't make a lot of sense... if we trade a player for a conditional draft pick, and the team we trade with wins the Supporter's Shield, why would we give up the pick? If anything, doesn't that usually trigger something better? The way you say it, it's like we're penalized for Frei (and Seattle) doing well after the trade.
    I suspect the condition in Jackson trade may be how many games Jackson plays for TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post

Frei wasn't that impressive this year. He made boneheaded decisions and his stats were poor.

"....Frei, who leads the league in wins but also ranks in the bottom half in goals-against average (1.62) and save percentage (65)."

http://seattletimes.com/html/sounder...ders28xml.html

He was behind Bendik and out of contract last year. Bez did well to get a first-rounder out of it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WestStandGeoff View Post
    Actually, I think it works out better. The pick gets upgraded to a 1st round (nothing to do with Seattle) we happen to have 4 picks and we get to give up the worst of the 4 picks. I'd rather have Seattle's pick too, but it could have been worse.

Like Yohan said, it probably has to do with how many games Jackson played and was built into the transaction, we just didn't know about the pick upgrade clause.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks - that part makes sense. Maybe it's the way Kayaker's post was written, it made it sound like we lost the draft pick we got for Frei because they won the Supporters' Shield, which didn't add up... unless did I miss something where we traded the draft pick we got from Seattle to Dallas for Jackson? The TFC press releases linked above don't mention that connection.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker View Post
    Actually, I think it works out better. The pick gets upgraded to a 1st round (nothing to do with Seattle) we happen to have 4 picks and we get to give up the worst of the 4 picks. I'd rather have Seattle's pick too, but it could have been worse.

Like Yohan said, it probably has to do with how many games Jackson played and was built into the transaction, we just didn't know about the pick upgrade clause.
    By having the Seattle pick, Toronto gives up a selection anywhere from 18-21 rather than 11, which would have been the case if they did not. Toronto is in pretty good shape with the 6th, 9th and 11th picks of the first round.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adam Braz named Impact technical director. Not a typo.

I wtf'ed all over my office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post

Hahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post

I need a new keyboard now lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYRB decline options on Convey and Eckersley.

Going to be the first to say it... I wouldn't mind Eckersley back, but only at a much more reasonable price.

@NYPost_Lewis: #RBNY declined options on Saer Sene, Kosuke Kimura, Bobby Convey, Marius Obekop, Damien Perrinelle, Ibrahim Sekagaya & Richard Eckersley.
    @NYPost_Lewis: Red Bulls did say Obekop, Perrinelle and Sekagya are still in discussions for 2015. Ostensibly everybody else expected back. We'll see #RBNY
    Last edited by gdg_9; 12-02-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They probably feel the same. Ecks won back his place in the starting 11 and seemed to be playing pretty well to my eye but not at $373,333.33 per year!

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    NYRB decline options on Convey and Eckersley.

Going to be the first to say it... I wouldn't mind Eckersley back, but only at a much more reasonable price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    They probably feel the same. Ecks won back his place in the starting 11 and seemed to be playing pretty well to my eye but not at $373,333.33 per year!
    Agreed. I watched him in some of the playoff games, and thought he looked pretty good.
    If he was on about half that salary, I'd definitely take him back.

The NYPost reporter implies that he's not in NYRB's plans for 2015 at all tho.

@NYPost_Lewis: TBF Sekagya may still be RT @njredbulls: @JasonRBNY @NYPost_Lewis RT I would've thought Sekagaya Eckersley would be part of 2015 plans #RBNY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Agreed. I watched him in some of the playoff games, and thought he looked pretty good.
    If he was on about half that salary, I'd definitely take him back.

The NYPost reporter implies that he's not in NYRB's plans for 2015 at all tho.
    I suppose it is always tough to bring a player back at a only a relatively small fraction of his previous salary as he probably isn't going to be very happy. I wonder what options he has now? Ya, I'd take him back but at about $125k. If he goes home, he'd be lucky to get into a League 1 side.
    Last edited by Blizzard; 12-02-2014 at 09:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the level the pound is exchanging right now, Ecks would more than likely still be a $300K player even playing in League 1 or towards the bottom of the championship. Best of luck to the Ginger Ninja.