Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1023
  1. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Well its nice to see he has landed somewhere, still the only player in TFC history to score against Real Madrid.
    Last edited by Richard; 03-02-2014 at 01:39 PM.

  2. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,501
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ort?CMP=twt_gu

    Carver will be in charge of Newcastle while Pardew is suspended. Article talks about his temper and has a brief mention of TFC

  3. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    12,231
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Julius James now at San Antonio in the NASL where he'll be teaming up with ex-TFC Adrian Cann.

  4. #274
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,524
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #275
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,799
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i never vert really understand why players agree to a mutual parting of the way. Make them release you and pay you your money is what I am thinking.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  6. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    i never vert really understand why players agree to a mutual parting of the way. Make them release you and pay you your money is what I am thinking.
    Isn't that just another word for buyout? I've seen to many "mutual" agreements where it makes you think about whether there was some under the table deal.

  7. #277
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    LA Galaxy signed Dan Gargan.

    You'd think he's past his expiration date, but there it is.
    No one likes us, we don't care.
    You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.
    Louis Van Gaal, philosopher. "What is this world twisted?"
    Need more nonsense in your life? Follow me on the twitter @MrTuktoyaktuk

  8. #278
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nordrhein-Westfalen, GER
    Posts
    1,254
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    LA Galaxy signed Dan Gargan.

    You'd think he's past his expiration date, but there it is.
    "There" where?

  9. #279
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    5,403
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Was speaking rhetorically but here's a link

    http://www.lagalaxy.com/news/2014/03...der-dan-gargan
    No one likes us, we don't care.
    You saw me standing alone, without a dream in my heart, without a love of my own.
    Louis Van Gaal, philosopher. "What is this world twisted?"
    Need more nonsense in your life? Follow me on the twitter @MrTuktoyaktuk

  10. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Section 114
    Posts
    525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Luis Silva charged with Simulation/Diving. Absolutely worst dive.

    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...ion-vs-columbu

  11. #281
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    928
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was just listening to the Fan 590 Friday Prime Time round table hosted by Sid Sixeiro and one of the guest he had on the round table was former host on Goal TV TFC shows Andi Petrillo, who now works for Hockey Night In Canada, they were talking a bit about TFC and Petrillo mentioned that her husband was a former MLS player and she mentioned that one of the teams her husband played for in the MLS was the San Jose Earthquakes. Does anybody know who this former MLS player she is married to is?

  12. #282
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Section 105 row 21
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    I was just listening to the Fan 590 Friday Prime Time round table hosted by Sid Sixeiro and one of the guest he had on the round table was former host on Goal TV TFC shows Andi Petrillo, who now works for Hockey Night In Canada, they were talking a bit about TFC and Petrillo mentioned that her husband was a former MLS player and she mentioned that one of the teams her husband played for in the MLS was the San Jose Earthquakes. Does anybody know who this former MLS player she is married to is?
    I think she is married to Jon Conway...

  13. #283
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,799
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Klinsmann View Post
    I think she is married to Jon Conway...
    That is correct sir, you got you cowboy.

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  14. #284
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Section 113
    Posts
    812
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wow... from MLS DP to NASL.

    Eric Hassli joins Adrian Cann and Julius James at San Antonio Scorpions of NASL.

  15. #285
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Section 105 row 21
    Posts
    711
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Wow... from MLS DP to NASL.

    Eric Hassli joins Adrian Cann and Julius James at San Antonio Scorpions of NASL.

  16. #286
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Wife does Rodeo and that seems to be his priority. I got no issue with a guy making that call. When offered stupid money by us, of course he takes it, but his heart is not in playing anymore.

    Our decision to trade for him and then offer that stupid DP contract hastened the leaving of Mariner, so I suppose we should be grateful for that, in a way.

    He's gonna end up on a ranch somewhere I think, feeding cows and horses.

  17. #287
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ajax (Top O'114 on gameday)
    Posts
    2,752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Wow... from MLS DP to NASL.

    Eric Hassli joins Adrian Cann and Julius James at San Antonio Scorpions of NASL.
    More on that... http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...san-antonio-sc

    Love this quote "Assuming he returns to full fitness, however, the 32-year-old Hassli could prove to be a major weapon" Some things never change. We were always waiting for him to get full fitness too. Back injury, foot injury, wife not happy, etc...

  18. #288
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Waterloo
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    We are probably still paying him part of his salary.

  19. #289
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,657
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Danny Koevermans has officially retired. Best of luck to him, I would hire him for the academy.

    LINK

  20. #290
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere, Anywhere.
    Posts
    9,799
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Mr. Earnshaw has found his next club in The Championship, signing with Blackpool for the remainder of the season.

    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...nder-of-season

    Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

  21. #291
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The jolly, candy-like button.
    Posts
    2,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reggie Lambe joins Nykopings BIS, Swedish third tier. http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?te...&newsID=464638

    Coincidentally, they also have Canadian, Ethan Gage.

  22. #292
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,143
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Mr. Earnshaw has found his next club in The Championship, signing with Blackpool for the remainder of the season.

    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...nder-of-season
    Yahoo, maybe he can bag a few!!

  23. #293
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    116
    Posts
    858
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Reggie Lambe joins Nykopings BIS, Swedish third tier. http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?te...&newsID=464638

    Coincidentally, they also have Canadian, Ethan Gage.
    Apparently Reggie was awarded the Golden Boot in 2012. Did I watch a different player in 2012?

  24. #294
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,267
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Were his two goals in the Voyageurs cup enough for the lead?

  25. #295
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The jolly, candy-like button.
    Posts
    2,074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Haha, yeah. There was a 4-way tie that year with 2 goals but it sounds impressive.

  26. #296
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,383
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Reggie Lambe joins Nykopings BIS, Swedish third tier. http://www.svenskalag.se/news.asp?te...&newsID=464638

    Coincidentally, they also have Canadian, Ethan Gage.
    I feel for the guy, it isn't easy to find a team and at the very least he needs to be playing if anyone is going to see him.
    WE DID IT!

  27. #297
    Registered
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,897
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Interesting update on Bostock, now at Antwerp in Belgian 2nd Division playing under Jimmy Floyd H:

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26715651

    No mention of TFC (the only loan club NOT named in the piece) but there's a photo of him in his TFC shirt - intersting piece of editing!

    Also has some interesting info on his background.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed



  28. #298
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,421
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Wife does Rodeo and that seems to be his priority. I got no issue with a guy making that call. When offered stupid money by us, of course he takes it, but his heart is not in playing anymore.

    Our decision to trade for him and then offer that stupid DP contract hastened the leaving of Mariner, so I suppose we should be grateful for that, in a way.

    He's gonna end up on a ranch somewhere I think, feeding cows and horses.
    I'm sure you don't mean that tongue in cheek, but I volunteered on a dairy farm for 6 months in university (best 6 months of my life), MAN is that a good life. I don't begrudge him choosing that at all. Good on him for making a tough choice.

  29. #299
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    16,843
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Michael Thomas now at OKC Energy (USL)

    "
    Hell is always loose here. It can't break loose again
    ."
    -Fort York Redcoat, on the state of TFC

  30. #300
    RPB 2019
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    221
    Posts
    15,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
    I'm sure you don't mean that tongue in cheek, but I volunteered on a dairy farm for 6 months in university (best 6 months of my life), MAN is that a good life. I don't begrudge him choosing that at all. Good on him for making a tough choice.
    I could see him doing that and being happy. All power to the man.

    As for the Bostock article, he left thinking TFC never gave him a chance to be what he is - an Attacking Midfielder. That we didn't need one but he could use those skills as a winger here seems to have not come into his head.

    Not surprised he doesn't talk about us.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •