Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Look at our esteemed alumni! Picture is reversed BTW!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta signs Junior Burgos

Loaned to Tampa Bay Rowdies in NASL for 2016, with an option to be recalled in 2017 when Atlanta joins MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another guy TFC had no patience to develop .. always had the potential to be really good . But, we had lots of guys that could have, would have, should have over the years. We simply didn't have the FO or coaching staff to recognize future talent , only short term panic mongers....
    This year may be different,.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Iirc he was the given the boot almost immediately after the short pants takeover. He spent a year in purgatory while waiting for a work permit, impressed the coaches in training, had a couple promising shifts, and then was promptly given the boot

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dow117 View Post
    Another guy TFC had no patience to develop .. always had the potential to be really good . But, we had lots of guys that could have, would have, should have over the years. We simply didn't have the FO or coaching staff to recognize future talent , only short term panic mongers....
    This year may be different,.
    In addition to having some real dunces managing/coaching the team over the years, plus the occasional turf wars (Winter/Mariner/Cochrane, to name just one example) -- the above is an awful effect of having continuous management turnover -- at all levels of management. The new guys always have different viewpoints, strategies, and favourites. And in addition to that turnover there was the constant yearly panic "We must make the playoffs this year" (while usually moving no closer to that goal). Leaves no time for patience or development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to pin a lot of the blame on Richard Peddie and Tom Anselmi. Peddie was never serious about TFC and only saw milking the soccer fever for all it was worth, he's the one who authorized the disastrous decision to install Anselmi as TFC president, which led to everything that followed. Tom was out of his depth and it shows what having a weak president can do to an organization with such promise. Could you imagine where TFC would be if he was still in charge? He deferred to the GMs and coaches with more soccer knowledge than himself, and that allowed them to play him as a chump. He didn't look particularly happy in the role either, with every year showing him at the end of the season looking ever more desperate. I almost think it was a relief for him that MLS stepped in and installed Payne as caretaker until MLSE could get itself together after the Bogers takeover. When I think back to the eight lost years of fan excitement and goodwill, it still makes my blood boil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from the uk press:

In-form Defoe is the man Sunderland cannot do without

The radar might not quite have twigged, but Jermain Defoe is playing some of his best football in several years. The 33-year-old has scored 10 times in his 21 Premier League appearances this season and if those figures do not seem the flashiest around then it would be as well to remember that he can rarely have played for a team as unconvincing as this Sunderland side. “Even though I have never played under him, he knows me,” said Defoe of Sam Allardyce last week, and it is true that the manager has settled upon a system that plays to his striker’s strengths. Gone is the obligation to work the channels and forage in non-threatening areas that marked his previous spell out wide; Allardyce knows that, with the ball at his feet inside the box, there are still few better at making half a yard to get a shot away and that was exactly what happened at Anfield when he secured what may yet be a crucial point. Now they need to build on it but Manchester United, certainly no longer the laughing stock of December, will see this as an opportunity of their own. United may not quite deserve Louis van Gaal’s “sparkling” description but they are getting much better at exposing teams and may be buoyed by a lengthy Sunderland absentee list that now includes Younès Kaboul, Jeremain Lens, Duncan Watmore, Billy Jones and Adam Johnson. Defoe himself tweaked a hamstring last weekend but should make it; it says much for his renaissance that he is the man Sunderland really cannot do without. NA

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bright Dike off to Amkar Perm in Russian Premier League
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robbie Findley signed with Rayo OKC of NASL
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Robbie Findley signed with Rayo OKC of NASL
    WTF kind of name is that? Its like saying Toronto Locomotives and then add a FC at the end(Because why the fuck not).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    WTF kind of name is that? Its like saying Toronto Locomotives and then add a FC at the end(Because why the fuck not).
    Meh

REAL Salt Lake
    SPORTING KC

add it to the list of pandering to one group. Then add the abbrev. of the city.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Rayo Oklahoma City. It's owned by Rayo Vallecano of La Liga

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, looking forward to seeing him in Ottawa this summer. I hope he has the same luck against the Fury as he had with TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.uslsoccer.com/ViewArticle...CLID=210745966

Former Red Michael Thomas Ready for What New Season Holds with OKC Energy FC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG living it up in Toronto, enjoying the finer things in life !! A $300 steak must be tasty !!

Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 02-29-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    JDG living it up in Toronto, enjoying the finer things in life !! A $300 steak must be tasty !!
    AHHH , thats our ticket price increase money!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dan gargan has literally been released by LA

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Dan gargan has literally been released by LA
    Bring him back !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fail to prepare, prepare to fail.
    Roy Keane

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    Thats great to hear, hopefully he nails down a gig soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Konopka, who was on trial with DC this pre-season has signed with Ross County of the Scottish Premier League. Good to see the man who enjoyed a beer or two with the fans find a new home.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/08...ns-in-scotland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Henry was left on the bench for this one - gah, he needs games!! If not for his own development, then to ensure he's got some match fitness for WCQ's. If the coach doesn't rate him, I'm not sure why he doesn't loan him out. He lacked sharpness in the USA game, and we will need him for the upcoming qualifiers

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JDG was named the second captain in Ottawa Fury history today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Henry was left on the bench for this one - gah, he needs games!! If not for his own development, then to ensure he's got some match fitness for WCQ's. If the coach doesn't rate him, I'm not sure why he doesn't loan him out. He lacked sharpness in the USA game, and we will need him for the upcoming qualifiers
    At the beginning of the match the camera showed a glimpse of Henry with a ridiculous grin on his face. It was nice to see him happy, but I worry he is content with the situation.

I chuckle thinking of how our current back line would look if he had stayed. Perquis and Henry COYR​cards!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigredone View Post
    Perquis and Henry COYR​cards!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    I imagine the beer is quite good over there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herculez Gomez is currently training with the Sounders, no indication at this point if he is close to signing a deal with Seattle.

http://www.soundersfc.com/post/2016/...attle-sounders

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Captain of the Bethlehem Steel and former Red with his current head coach !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Bostock called into the T&T National side for the latest round of WCQ