Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    From Twitter

Blackburn Rovers
    @OneRovers

Paul Lambert has revealed that Doneil Henry has returned to West Ham. But they are close to securing Tom Lawrence for the rest of the season
    Does anyone know what happened here? I know it was a short term loan to begin with but at the start they seemed excited to have him and then he stopped making the bench. Was he hurt again or did Lambert not rate him once he saw him in training?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stress View Post
    Does anyone know what happened here? I know it was a short term loan to begin with but at the start they seemed excited to have him and then he stopped making the bench. Was he hurt again or did Lambert not rate him once he saw him in training?
    I think Henry is struggling with his hamstring still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think he was injured once in his 5 years here. He goes to England and falls apart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I don't think he was injured once in his 5 years here. He goes to England and falls apart.
    he was often injured here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe makes the BBC team of the week: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35218768

"If ever a player guarantees a team goals it's Jermain Defoe. Throughout his career he has produced them wherever he's gone and at the moment he looks like Sunderland's only ticket to survival. "

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the holiday season, the Ft. Lauderdale Strikers signed a trio of former Reds including a past captain, Defenders Gale Agbossoumonde and Nana Attakora, and forward Maicon Santos.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    he was often injured here.
    Not really. He broke into the side in mid 2012 and played until end of 2014, logging 70 league appearances. With CCL and VC, he played 93 total. The times he didn't play, he was too young or benched.
    Last edited by PopePouri; 01-04-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Not really. He broke into the side in mid 2012 and played until end of 2014, logging 70 league appearances. With CCL and VC, he played 93 total. The times he didn't play, he was too young or benched.
    He did play quite a bit, that's true. He also regularly missed a game or two every couple weeks due to a hamstring issue or the like. Never any major injuries but he seemed to always be coming back from something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Good to see the former US international finding a new home. I know he more often than not can drive you crazy with his misses, but he is a good option to have off the bench.
    Describing Chad Barrett as a 'former US international' is quite magnanimous. True, Barrett was called up for a 2008 WCQ match at Barbados, and he actually made an 85th minute substitution. Chad came into the game as the 3rd sub with the US already up 9-0 on aggregate and got a cap for 5 minutes of time on the pitch. 2000 people witnessed the glorious event in Bridgetown. Yes, I looked this up because I was stunned to see 'Chad Barrett' and 'former US international' in the same sentence. It just didn't sound right, and now it just sounds over-the-top ridiculous, despite being technically true.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    Describing Chad Barrett as a 'former US international' is quite magnanimous. True, Barrett was called up for a 2008 WCQ match at Barbados, and he actually made an 85th minute substitution. Chad came into the game as the 3rd sub with the US already up 9-0 on aggregate and got a cap for 5 minutes of time on the pitch. 2000 people witnessed the glorious event in Bridgetown. Yes, I looked this up because I was stunned to see 'Chad Barrett' and 'former US international' in the same sentence. It just didn't sound right, and now it just sounds over-the-top ridiculous, despite being technically true.
    As ridiculous as it might sound to most of us currently, club and country were a big part of Chad's life growing up, he did progress through the many age groups of the youth ranks for the US. Like a lot of players the step up to the senior team is the hardest step if they can even achive it. As we all know from year to year, the quality of each group can go from great, good down to weak. So while it might amaze some people that Chad Barrett and US International go together, it did for an ever so brief period of time.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    As ridiculous as it might sound to most of us currently, club and country were a big part of Chad's life growing up, he did progress through the many age groups of the youth ranks for the US. Like a lot of players the step up to the senior team is the hardest step if they can even achive it. As we all know from year to year, the quality of each group can go from great, good down to weak. So while it might amaze some people that Chad Barrett and US International go together, it did for an ever so brief period of time.
    the US was up 8-0 on aggregate after the first leg. chad got a courtesy call up, for one game. they needed anyone with a pulse and a pair of cleats for one game. someone did him a favour, nothing more.

and please save the rest of your USA love affair for some other forum. most of us are big on club and country here too. our country is Canada.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    the US was up 8-0 on aggregate after the first leg. chad got a courtesy call up, for one game. they needed anyone with a pulse and a pair of cleats for one game. someone did him a favour, nothing more.

and please save the rest of your USA love affair for some other forum. most of us are big on club and country here too. our country is Canada.
    When it comes to Chad Barrett and the USMNT there was sarcasm behind it. No one did him a favour specifically, they just simply selected a B team for the second leg.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good segue for something kind of remarkable....

Barrett was in a way a big deal in US soccer. He scored maybe the biggest goal in US U 20 history.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/news...ina-98150.html

But what was really amazing about that game is the sheer number of former TFC players involved. Besides Barrett, Marvell Wynne, Hunter Freeman and Pablo Vitti all played 90 minutes. Nathan Sturgis and Jacob Peterson came on as subs. And .... drum roll please ....

All of them ex Peterson played more minutes than Messi.

http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matc....html#nosticky

Argentina went on to win the 2005 U 20s, btw.

Really, we have to bring Feilhaber and Biglia in someday, just to pad these numbers. Maybe Messi too! ;-)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-06-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O'dea looks like signing for Dundee
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35245092

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan Nelsen now an agent apparently. Trying to get Miazga into Europe atm according to the last sentence of the second last paragraph.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/miazga...ontinue-43666/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe scores Hatrick for Sunderland. BBC says, "Defoe = goals, goals = points, points = survival, Defoe = survival"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. Hope he does well for himself there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Union re-sign Creavalle: http://www.philadelphiaunion.com/pos...rren-creavalle

Also as I speculated after Hamid went down, Konopka is on trial with D.C. United.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Captain Jimmy Brennan is doing an AMA on /r/soccer today (he's gone for now, said he'll be back later to answer more questions), a few TFC related questions were answered:

Going pro from Canada
    My biggest struggle when I was younger was that we did not have any pro clubs. I was very fortunate that my parents are European which allowed me to play in England. Today kids do not have to worry about that because they can play in Major League Soccer.
    Assistant GM role at TFC
    It consisted of working along side the General Manager and trying to build a club with good players and a financially stable budget. You are always watching players and finding ways on how you can improve the roster. It is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes and long hours.

Divide in TFC locker room
    There wasn't a divide in the locker room. When the team is not performing fingers tend to get pointed and stories created. I had a good relationship with Mo and all my coaches I played for. As for an intermediary for Mo that is news to me. If I was that close I should of asked him for a longer contract with more money. lol

Best Food
    Toronto FC had the best food out of all the clubs
    More here: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...im_brennan_ama/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earnshaw retires. Joins VCWC coaching staff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will always love the memories of these.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Former TFC academy player Dylan Carreiro on trial with IMFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tony Tchani as a USMNT...who'd a thunk it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Former TFC academy player Dylan Carreiro on trial with IMFC
    Why aren't we giving him another shot? We could use another prospect in his position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well he was only 21/22 when he was here, and I think everyone saw he had quite a lot of potential. He was always gonna turn out to be an influential franchise player if he found the right set up.

now the fact that he's getting a shot with the USMNT says more about the precarious state of the USMNT's midfield than it does him, though. Probably the least talented squad they've had in a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I think quite a few people thought he would turn out to be an elite MLS player.

I always thought he was already capped by Cameroon, I guess not.

I saw him interviewed once, back in the day. The guy is very proud of his Camerooonian roots.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which gives me the chance to post this video which was my ear worm for over a year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scrabble!