Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Sorry but this guy would not even make the bench on this current TFC team , there is a reason he played on one of the worst TFC teams ever and one of the worst defense in league history. He went to the NY Redbulls where he was awful and was eventually realeased and no MLS team picked him up. He went back to England where he could not cut it with a league 1 team and eventually retired and the old age of 28. I'm sure he is a great guy, always hard working, but you also need talent and a soccer brain to become a good player, just being a hard worker is not enough to make it as a good player, he was part of the futile TFC past who like I said would struggle to make it on the bench on our TFC team of today.
    We think you are a little harsh when it comes to #27.
    You are correct however, that he played for one of the worst teams. Remember some of the defenders he played with: Emory, Aceval, Cann, Harden, Maund and Williams? Now look at the current players on the new and greatly improved TFC roster.
    Eckersley was a fan favourite for his aggressive style as a right back. Was he not a RPB player of the year as well?
    J&M

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    We think you are a little harsh when it comes to #27.
    You are correct however, that he played for one of the worst teams. Remember some of the defenders he played with: Emory, Aceval, Cann, Harden, Maund and Williams? Now look at the current players on the new and greatly improved TFC roster.
    Eckersley was a fan favourite for his aggressive style as a right back. Was he not a RPB player of the year as well?
    J&M
    I think living the 'no-waste' lifestyle makes up for the complete waste lineups he had to play with at our club.