0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^devastatingly creative^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He must have seen the presser of Payne yesterday and figured TFC was a dead-end outfit with no hope for future glory. Watch him go to DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now the Honduran press is saying that he is staying at Vida until June when his contract ends and then become a free agent. So Vida gets nothing and Arnold Peralta can leave to join another club for free. I hope he changes his mind and signs for TFC.

If he does stay and then leaves for free in June it would make him look like an egotistical asshole.

https://twitter.com/ElCanteranoHN

https://twitter.com/LegionCatracha

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=Arnold Peralta&src=typd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone understands Spanish. Could someone translate. It's info about Peralta not signing for TFC.

https://soundcloud.com/r-ivan/ap

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On some level, I'm glad he isn't coming.... He seems like a whiny douche who thinks he's one of a kind. I don't know much about the situation, or the player himself, but f him. He can stay over there and then not get an offer from any team who sees how big of a woman he is. *phew* vent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Not sure if anyone understands Spanish. Could someone translate. It's info about Peralta not signing for TFC.

https://soundcloud.com/r-ivan/ap

Thanks
    Some of this was said:

TORONTO FC Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves
    Apparently the Hondurans are not invading Toronto. After reports Wednesday had TFC and CD Vida MF Arnold Peralta close to a deal, Walkingthered.com is reporting the player has turned the move down.
    According to another report from Honduran outlet La Tribuna (Spanish) personal terms and a transfer fee of $350,000 were agreed to, but it was the 23-year-old midfield bulldog that re-buffed the idea of a move to kill the deal.
    In the same report, Director of Team and Player Operations Earl Cochrane said that former wing sensation Joao Plata may need another year of seasoning in either his native Ecuador or another South American venue.
    “I think he could do with another year of playing a lot. In this environment that we are trying to create (at TFC) he may not enough playing time. That’s going to be important for him for his development and we’re going to try to find an environment for him to succeed,” Cochrane explained in the story.

Has Olsen found the “right guy”? Is Feilhaber’s missed time a worry? Can Weaver help a Dynamo squad that has to do double duty in CCL? Will Peralta end up in Toronto?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    On some level, I'm glad he isn't coming.... He seems like a whiny douche who thinks he's one of a kind. I don't know much about the situation, or the player himself, but f him. He can stay over there and then not get an offer from any team who sees how big of a woman he is. *phew* vent.
    Funny when he was coming it was the greatest news in the world. And now he's a gay. LOL. Seriously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Honduran invasion could only help at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    Funny when he was coming it was the greatest news in the world. And now he's a gay. LOL. Seriously.
    I wanted Lopez... Didn't pay much attention to Peralta from the beginning... The whole thing with his transfer just seemed odd from the get-go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interestingly, as per the last update, Arnold Peralta is now in TFC's squad for FIFA 13. Does EA Sports know something we don't?

He's rate 66 btw.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcmanu View Post
    Some of this was said:

TORONTO FC Ives Galarcep@SoccerByIves
    Apparently the Hondurans are not invading Toronto. After reports Wednesday had TFC and CD Vida MF Arnold Peralta close to a deal, Walkingthered.com is reporting the player has turned the move down.
    According to another report from Honduran outlet La Tribuna (Spanish) personal terms and a transfer fee of $350,000 were agreed to, but it was the 23-year-old midfield bulldog that re-buffed the idea of a move to kill the deal.
    In the same report, Director of Team and Player Operations Earl Cochrane said that former wing sensation Joao Plata may need another year of seasoning in either his native Ecuador or another South American venue.
    “I think he could do with another year of playing a lot. In this environment that we are trying to create (at TFC) he may not enough playing time. That’s going to be important for him for his development and we’re going to try to find an environment for him to succeed,” Cochrane explained in the story.

Has Olsen found the “right guy”? Is Feilhaber’s missed time a worry? Can Weaver help a Dynamo squad that has to do double duty in CCL? Will Peralta end up in Toronto?
    I agree Plata isn't ready , or may never be MLS standard but ironically he didn't any playing time in Honduras either , wasn't a sub.. Very overrated.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    I agree Plata isn't ready , or may never be MLS standard but ironically he didn't any playing time in Honduras either , wasn't a sub.. Very overrated.
    Plata had 13 apps in Ecuador and scored one goal. Now, I don't know how well he did, but it seemed like he had some playing time.

I don't understand people saying he isn't ready for the MLS .. when he was one of our best players in his first season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Plata had 13 apps in Ecuador and scored one goal. Now, I don't know how well he did, but it seemed like he had some playing time.

I don't understand people saying he isn't ready for the MLS .. when he was one of our best players in his first season.
    I watched quite a few games and he never was even listed as a sub ....so those 13 games were very my bad timing?...I watched every game in TO and he's too predicable...runs the ball and unless he passes , which is his best game, btw ,he is always removed from the ball do to his size....just where would he fit in?...forget about heading or finding corners, simply overwhelmed...AND when he was one of our best players, unfortunately what does that say about our roster?

His only role which was very infrequently used, was to come on, at say the 75th minute after the defenders have been worn out, so he can run at them and hopefully find some holes. BUT the main problem was he was far too costly. We paid a big price for him.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you’re selling him short. Obviously the pace and the ability to take on a man is the first thing people notice (asides from how short he is), but he has a good shot on him and can hit in a reasonable cross. Inside the proper system and with a little more tactical awareness on his end and he’d do well here.

In terms of being MLS standard? He’s easily MLS standard. The question is whether it’s worthy of an international spot which is a different scale to be measured on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched quite a few games and he never was even listed as a sub ....so those 13 games were very my bad timing?...I watched every game in TO and he's too predicable...runs the ball and unless he passes , which is his best game, btw ,he is always removed from the ball do to his size....just where would he fit in?...forget about heading or finding corners, simply overwhelmed...AND when he was one of our best players, unfortunately what does that say about our roster?

His only role which was very infrequently used, was to come on, at say the 75th minute after the defenders have been worn out, so he can run at them and hopefully find some holes. BUT the main problem was he was far too costly. We paid a big price for him.
    Well the 13 games stat was from wikipedia; so, who knows how accurate it is.

Admittedly, he has hard time holding on to the ball, but his size and speed also allows him to pester opposing players. I remember him taking the ball back a couple times from the opposing team's defence. I agree, that he got more predictable, most certainly for his 2nd season here - but I think he showed enough talent, and hopefully with some positive coaching, to rediscover his creativity.

I also agree that his main role will probably be as a late-sub. How does it work with transfer-fees anyways? Is it spread out according to the number of years on contract or did we just use allocations? If it was just allocations, should his wages be coming down after a year?

:/ Perhaps I just have a soft spot for him, as a smaller player myself. Always happy to see shorter players make it professionally

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really understand this feeling on the forum. Plata was everybody's favourite player in 2011, people shouting his name, raving about his ability. Now, it seems common for people to say that he's not a good player and will never be MLS quality. Is this just bad feeling, or does this change in attitude and opinion actually come from somewhere? It's not like we can judge Plata on the start of the 2012 season, nobody played well through the 0-9 beginning of the season. To me, Plata looked a very good and dangerouns MLS level winger in 2011, and I still stand by that opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I don't really understand this feeling on the forum. Plata was everybody's favourite player in 2011, people shouting his name, raving about his ability. Now, it seems common for people to say that he's not a good player and will never be MLS quality. Is this just bad feeling, or does this change in attitude and opinion actually come from somewhere? It's not like we can judge Plata on the start of the 2012 season, nobody played well through the 0-9 beginning of the season. To me, Plata looked a very good and dangerouns MLS level winger in 2011, and I still stand by that opinion.
    not a true winger really. more like a wide forward. I don't think Plata has defensive ability to play LW/LM in an MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    not a true winger really. more like a wide forward. I don't think Plata has defensive ability to play LW/LM in an MLS
    That's kinda semantics really. I would say a "wide forward" and a "winger" are the same thing. I don't think Plata can play in a 4-4-2, as the 4 midfielders usually have to all have tracking back and trackling ability. I DO think he has tracking back and hustling ability, just too light weight to be a tackler. But Plata is very effective in a 4-3-3, where you have two sitting midfielders, and then you can have "flair" wingers or wide forwards. Plata is one of those luxury players that isn't going to add much defensive cover, but is just there to be attacking. Like Aaron Lennon - not defensive at all, but you all want a player like him in your team just purely for attacking/running at defenders ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case anyone is wondering, Copa Centroamericana is starting up today. I'm not sure if TFC will try again at getting Peralta, but he is on the roster for the Hondurans. Tonight they are playing El Salvador on Gol TV 7pm et. I wouldn't be surprised if TFC will be watching this tournament to find some talent, based on Payne's recent comments.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Copa_Centroamericana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arnold Perlata shot dead in his hometown:

http://www.socceramerica.com/article...-hometown.html
    Last edited by tfcmanu; 12-11-2015 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read lastnight that they shot him like 18 times. Poor guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad about Peralta, but it's interesting to read what we were writing about back then. Quotes like this remind me that the internet is forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Played for Rangers in 2013-2014, team to wear black armbands in his memory.
    Last edited by BelfastBoy; 12-11-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honduras is an incredibly dangerous place to be.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...der-rates.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was clearly targeted and had to be involved in something. I know Honduras is known for having the highest murder rate, but I just don't think people get randomly shot 18 times.

RIP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sickening Honduran gang practice of shooting a person until his brains spill out of his skull like a broken jar of marmalade, may explain the 18 rounds. Sick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Honduras is an incredibly dangerous place to be.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...der-rates.html
    thats a handy chart

really surpised to see Lisbon's rate so incredibly low, excpected a little better out of Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    thats a handy chart

really surpised to see Lisbon's rate so incredibly low, excpected a little better out of Toronto
    Why surprised?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Why surprised?
    portuguese news, hearsay and didnt feel safe out at night there (only been twice though)

Lots of drug selling on the streets, which means gangs are running it, and one can assume murder rates are correlated to gangs

I wasnt expecting St louis numbers in Lisbon, but definetely not expecting one of the lowest in the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    portuguese news, hearsay and didnt feel safe out at night there (only been twice though)

Lots of drug selling on the streets, which means gangs are running it, and one can assume murder rates are correlated to gangs

I wasnt expecting St louis numbers in Lisbon, but definetely not expecting one of the lowest in the world
    Portugal has had low murder rates forever.