Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just watched the highlights. Those are good teams, and I hate to say it, it was a great final, both teams deserved to be there, and played at a high level.

Every time we've been in Concacaf, we haven't played like or looked like a champion of anything getting there. I always felt the CCL celebrating had a tin ring.

I know this won't be popular, but this tournament needs legitimate quality to legitimize this trophy.

(I assume the pile on will commence now ...)
    Last edited by ensco; 05-30-2013 at 07:31 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why would anyone pile on that opinion ensco?

It was an absolute joke that TFC won the tournament the last couple of years. I was obviously happy as a supporter, but the optics were laughable given our position in the league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It was an absolute joke that TFC won the tournament the last couple of years. I was obviously happy as a supporter, but the optics were laughable given our position in the league.
    We played Montreal 5 times last year. The only time they even looked marginally better than us, while playing us, was the first MLS game up in Montreal ... and both teams looked like crap that day. Not sure the league standing tells all the story.

(This year though ... Montreal clearly looked the better team while playing Toronto.)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is doing well in the league and has now won the Voyageurs Cup for the 8th time. They are a legitimate winner in the true sense of the word.

I will hope they do well in the CCL and that there will be a Canadian team in the World Club Cup.

Can't say I'm sorry to see Vancouver fail for the 11th time to get the VC.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I just watched the highlights. Those are good teams, and I hate to say it, it was a great final, both teams deserved to be there, and played at a high level.

Every time we've been in Concacaf, we haven't played like or looked like a champion of anything getting there. I always felt the CCL celebrating had a tin ring.

I know this won't be popular, but this tournament needs legitimate quality to legitimize this trophy.

(I assume the pile on will commence now ...)
    I watched the whole game and it was entertaining. With the first leg draw and an early goal both teams had to press for the winner and it made for an exciting match.

The internationals for the most part gave a good account of themselves and I thought raised the quality of the game overall. Also I thought it was encouraging to see strong performances from Canadian mid fielders on either side. Bernier looks like a good leader for cmnt and tiebert looks very promising as well.

i really look forward to a critical mass of Canadian players in MLS. Not sure if that means 20 starters in the league or more and I wonder how close we are to achieving that kind of number. Half way?

I think the CMNT could nearly field a full lineup of mls defenders and midfielders which makes me wonder who are the future Canadian strikers and are there any playing now in nasl, usl or in any of the academy systems we can look forward to?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure Paul Beirne congratulated Montreal for keeping the cup in the east.

What a dushbag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcocd View Post
    I watched the whole game and it was entertaining. With the first leg draw and an early goal both teams had to press for the winner and it made for an exciting match.

The internationals for the most part gave a good account of themselves and I thought raised the quality of the game overall. Also I thought it was encouraging to see strong performances from Canadian mid fielders on either side. Bernier looks like a good leader for cmnt and tiebert looks very promising as well.

i really look forward to a critical mass of Canadian players in MLS. Not sure if that means 20 starters in the league or more and I wonder how close we are to achieving that kind of number. Half way?

I think the CMNT could nearly field a full lineup of mls defenders and midfielders which makes me wonder who are the future Canadian strikers and are there any playing now in nasl, usl or in any of the academy systems we can look forward to?
    Jordan Hamilton could be the next best thing from our academy. Also, Vancouver has a kid in their academy that is tearing up in USSDA.