Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Agbossoum Onde signs with MLS - Ends Up With TFC

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/...n-lottery.html If we get this guy, do we keep the picks or trade 1st overall? UPDATE: TFC gets him. Thoughts?
    Last edited by AdamAM; 12-20-2012 at 04:02 PM. Reason: To TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like we got him....now what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/agbossoumonde-signs-with-mls-to-be-placed-in-lottery.html If we get this guy, do we keep the picks or trade 1st overall?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gale_Agbossoumonde

hmm he's listed in wikipedia as drafted with us

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gale and Henry = our future CB's.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC actually got something in a lottery? This must be a first.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    TFC actually got something in a lottery? This must be a first.
    Or maybe lottery was fixed? You know, MLS helping out TFC to get back on its feet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Or maybe lottery was fixed? You know, MLS helping out TFC to get back on its feet.
    As per MLS rules we had a 57% chance of winning the lottery for being so shit. Regardless, great pick up and now opens up a whole new set of possibilities with those two early draft picks in the lottery. Maybe an AM and FW now. Or DM maybe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard much about him. Whats he like? Any stats?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So how does this guy stack up against Andrew Farrell? We seem to be loading up on CB's, although Farrell can play DM as well. If we make a move on this guy then I wouldn't be surprised to see Henry picking up games as a full back. There's a lot of questions still...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    So how does this guy stack up against Andrew Farrell? We seem to be loading up on CB's, although Farrell can play DM as well. If we make a move on this guy then I wouldn't be surprised to see Henry picking up games as a full back. There's a lot of questions still...
    Henry will hate that....but I guess playing time is playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This signing is fantastic! A few points though:

I've seen the kid play, what we will get with him is great athleticism. Extremely good acceleration for a tall guy, has a nice leap too. Sadly he has been injured outside of soccer too, can't remember for how long but he was out for a while in a vehicle accident (ala Lindsay) and I'm biting my nails just thinking what will happen once he needs to play on turf. Has glass legs this kid. I see him playing more like Wynne did at Colorado, can track back well even if he makes a positional mistake.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know that I have ever heard of this lottery system and am confused by the weird teams in it, and the crazy lottery percentages

The Reds were one of six teams to participate in Thursday's lottery and held a 57.3 percent chance of acquiring Agbossoumonde. Dallas (25.9 percent), Houston (9.5 percent), Seattle (5.0 percent), Los Angeles (1.9 percent) and San Jose (0.04 percent) also entered into Thursday's lottery.

Anyone know the industrial logic of this? Did we use our allocation slot on him?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't know that I have ever heard of this lottery system and am confused by the weird teams in it, and the crazy lottery percentages

The Reds were one of six teams to participate in Thursday's lottery and held a 57.3 percent chance of acquiring Agbossoumonde. Dallas (25.9 percent), Houston (9.5 percent), Seattle (5.0 percent), Los Angeles (1.9 percent) and San Jose (0.04 percent) also entered into Thursday's lottery.

Anyone know the industrial logic of this? Did we use our allocation slot on him?
    allocation list is different than this (and TFC keeps its spot). however TFC cannot be in for any player signed by MLS and assigned to a team through this lottery.

the percentage is calculated based upon how much you sucked the previous season
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/new...-agbossoumonde

good story on agbossoumonde. note to young players. don't sign with 3rd party agency
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

good story on agbossoumonde. note to young players. don't sign with 3rd party agency
    from the article..."He's got international center-back height, he's physically imposing, he's athletic, he's powerful, he's got a level of quickness, and he can recover because he has good speed," said U-20 U.S. national team coach Thomas Rongen. "He's got all the physical attributes to be a very good player. If you look at his technical qualities, he can tackle, he can head a ball, he can play 1-v-1 defense. But he's pretty smart, as well, and he can give us an advantage in possession of the ball. He's very comfortable on the ball and a good passer. Fundamentally, technically, he's very sound."

Interesting, Rongen is valuable resource from his US team connections.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allocation list is different than this (and TFC keeps its spot). however TFC cannot be in for any player signed by MLS and assigned to a team through this lottery.

the percentage is calculated based upon how much you sucked the previous season
    Thx. Why were these the six teams in the lottery?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Thx. Why were these the six teams in the lottery?
    they were the only teams interested. the rest passed

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Too mant CB's?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Still more work to do, but not worried about loading-up on CB's because Ecks should be moved back to RB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This third party ownership of players is strange to me, what do the leagues and clubs think of it?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This development makes me marginally less apprehensive about being a season seat holder next year. But only just.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCwestcan View Post
    from the article..."He's got international center-back height, he's physically imposing, he's athletic, he's powerful, he's got a level of quickness, and he can recover because he has good speed," said U-20 U.S. national team coach Thomas Rongen. "He's got all the physical attributes to be a very good player. If you look at his technical qualities, he can tackle, he can head a ball, he can play 1-v-1 defense. But he's pretty smart, as well, and he can give us an advantage in possession of the ball. He's very comfortable on the ball and a good passer. Fundamentally, technically, he's very sound."

Interesting, Rongen is valuable resource from his US team connections.
    Rongen was US U20 coach for 8 years and he is very familiar with players who are now 21-25 years old,I'm sure he had his say in this move.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    This third party ownership of players is strange to me, what do the leagues and clubs think of it?
    There was a decent piece on ESPN a couple weeks ago that explained how/why 3rd party ownership happens and works. Still seems really odd to me... almost has the feel of them working for a temp agency and hoping to impress the boss enough to get hired on full-time.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/...y-deal?cc=5901

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lotteries are a tax for the stupid or poor. We win!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that Boss was in some kind of accident some time ago, but couldn't find much info. Does anyone know the details?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Eduardo Galeano