Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC FO and tonights Canada - Costa Rica game

Ok Folks;

I wonder if a Toronto FC scout(s) is at tonight's game? There are a number of Canadians that are out of contract playing and don't tell me there might be 1 or 2 Costa Ricans that could helps us out. If I find out they did not send anyone, we are really doomed for another 2 years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC should look to sign Bonsu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    TFC should look to sign Bonsu
    I was thinking he is worth another look. But who knows if he always plays like that with good intensity, I've rarely seen him play

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SamK View Post
    I was thinking he is worth another look. But who knows if he always plays like that with good intensity, I've rarely seen him play
    True. But at least he's worth a look.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that number 6
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there a reason that our boring coach can't make some changes try everyone,.......same old same old.......maybw we can bore the teams to death with our minor league coaching
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Canada are shit. If there's a player out of contract on this team, it's probably because they are shit and no other team wants them (E.G. Julian DeGuzman). I hope TFC don't waste their scouting budget on this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Canada are shit. If there's a player out of contract on this team, it's probably because they are shit and no other team wants them (E.G. Julian DeGuzman). I hope TFC don't waste their scouting budget on this game.
    Huh? Canada looked much better in this game compare to previous games recently. Besides, these guys don't regularly play with each other compare to Costa Rica. So it's harder for Canada to develop some chemistry. But that being said, TFC players have looked good in this game especially Bekker.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of our boys have looked good tonight. Osorio wasn't on for long enough to really get going.

I agree about Bonsu. Guys a beast. Quick on the wings great touch.

I'm just amazed how well Bekker is playing. Nelsen take note if he's not starting your not watching. When have we ever had such good distribution on set peices?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonsu has a poor reputation in Germany, lazy, lack of focus, undisciplined.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if a change of scenery would help him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Wonder if a change of scenery would help him?
    I think he always been like that. However, I don't mind giving him a trial at least. TFC needs talented and athletic players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah bringing him in for a look doesn't hurt plus he'd probably like the training being out a team right now. Might be a win win or both sides. If we could get him to focus and play like he did tonight will only help us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You scout the real talent, Costa Rica.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching some of Bekker's set pieces and service into the box from out wide today... and considering how terrible TFC is on the wing, how is he not getting more time there???

Surely he offers more than Lambe!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    After watching some of Bekker's set pieces and service into the box from out wide today... and considering how terrible TFC is on the wing, how is he not getting more time there???

Surely he offers more than Lambe!
    because Bekker sucks at dribbling. wide midfielder, ok. winger, no.

I think Nelsen wants wingers

Bekker had an ok game, but Costa Rica gave him more time than normal in comparison to MLS teams for Bekker to think about what to do. Bekker makes good decisions when he has time to think, but not so much when he's under the pressure.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are you on about? We are a team in Canada that has to play Canadian players. Would it not make sense to try to get the best of the players we have to play? Seriously, this statement just looks ignorant.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. The only positive Bonsu would bring over what we have now if that he actually runs at defenders. Always remember that as a player coming from Europe he would probably be looking for more money than someone of his present caliber is worth ($100K+).

Now if he would come for a trial and be willing to play on the cheap, as in real cheap then fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    because Bekker sucks at dribbling. wide midfielder, ok. winger, no.

I think Nelsen wants wingers

Bekker had an ok game, but Costa Rica gave him more time than normal in comparison to MLS teams for Bekker to think about what to do. Bekker makes good decisions when he has time to think, but not so much when he's under the pressure.

I think he wants wide midfielders, not true wingers. I think he prefers variations on straight out 4-4-2.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't actually think Bekker had a very good game. He drifts in and out far too often. I'm not quite sure what his strengths are just yet. His set pieces got better through the game, but were poor to start with. He's definitely along term project rather than a regular MLS starter at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How did Morgan play? I didn't have a chance to watch but did he play respectfully?

If we can get him back to form then we can stop playing O'Dea out of position

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    How did Morgan play? I didn't have a chance to watch but did he play respectfully?

If we can get him back to form then we can stop playing O'Dea out of position
    I think Morgan played better than he has for TFC this year. Still inconsistant with his crosses. Had some nice crosses and and some very poor ones. At times when defending he closed down very quickly and stopped an attacking cross followed by not closing down quickly and allowing a cross.

I still think Morgan has all the tools to be a MLS regular player. Situational awareness and consistency are the things I think he needs to focus on.
    Last edited by Suds; 05-29-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    I didn't actually think Bekker had a very good game. He drifts in and out far too often. I'm not quite sure what his strengths are just yet. His set pieces got better through the game, but were poor to start with. He's definitely along term project rather than a regular MLS starter at this point.
    I agree with this (and Yohan) - he had some very good moments - two came to mind, the FK at the end of the first half Hainault should have buried, and the beautiful low cross into the advancing attack at the end of the game. In between there were some really poor free kicks and that is part of the problem IMO is that coming out of BC that was supposed to be his big strength - set piece delivery, and it's been really hit and miss. The rest of his game I thought was ok but unless I misses something outside of the two plays noted there wasn't too much else of influence.

Morgan definitely played better than what we've seen here for the last month or so, but still has to pick it up a bit. He had some nice 1v1 work down the wing sending in crosses, but I thought down the final minutes he was disappointing as he was easily marked out of delivering the ball by the Costa Rican defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bonsu is extremely raw, he looks like a phenom but has absolute Walcott syndrome. He's an athlete, not a footballer. Some of his touches were ok but I was watching his movement, he never really managed to show for the ball. Three spectacular "runs" past defenders but I don't know if his soccer brain is there yet.

Henry and Bekker have been working together in training and it showed on set pieces. Henry had about 5 chances (that he missed terribly) on goal with his head from Bekker's deliveries. Morgan played ok but is not comfortable at ALL when he gets into LW position. That's why he fumbles some crosses, the defender pressure gets to him when he's cornered. Still young, manageable.

That penalty was so obvious, so unfortunate. Game was decent for the players that were on the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    Ok Folks;

I wonder if a Toronto FC scout(s) is at tonight's game? There are a number of Canadians that are out of contract playing and don't tell me there might be 1 or 2 Costa Ricans that could helps us out. If I find out they did not send anyone, we are really doomed for another 2 years!
    If Toronto FC front office doesn't send a representative to the Canada vs Costa Rica match we automatically are doomed for two years? Sometimes I just completely write off topics on the pure ridiculous statements people make.

What are you, smoking that good Rob Ford shit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    Bonsu is extremely raw, he looks like a phenom but has absolute Walcott syndrome. He's an athlete, not a footballer. Some of his touches were ok but I was watching his movement, he never really managed to show for the ball. Three spectacular "runs" past defenders but I don't know if his soccer brain is there yet.
    I agree that his final product wasn't the best last night but he used more than just speed to get past players. He displayed some nice ball skills that allowed him to get past defenders.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    What are you on about? We are a team in Canada that has to play Canadian players. Would it not make sense to try to get the best of the players we have to play? Seriously, this statement just looks ignorant.
    I realize we have a quota of Canadians we need to field, but I'd rather us develop our own talent (i.e Bekker) than look at the unattached CMNT players who have proven themselves unworthy of being on a club.
    It's not an ignorant statement - it's a realistic observation of the current situation of the CMNT. Ignorance is thinking that because a player is on the CMNT, he is a good enough player to be on TFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    You scout the real talent, Costa Rica.
    I can agree with this statement, although I can't say who on Costa Rica is a target we should be looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Huh? Canada looked much better in this game compare to previous games recently. Besides, these guys don't regularly play with each other compare to Costa Rica. So it's harder for Canada to develop some chemistry. But that being said, TFC players have looked good in this game especially Bekker.
    Chemistry aside, there are a lot of basic blunders that the players on this team make. Example is when our CB passes the ball to our midfielder who is being covered by 2 opposing players rather than passing it off the wings where CMNT players are standing there, alone, with an open passing lane to that player in clear view... Or having out RB try and make 2 long ball passes in a row to our LW who is 3/4 the way down the pitch. How about running up the wing on a nice break, only to rush and panic a cross that goes right into the goalies arms...nowhere close to any of the players in the box.

I understand the whole chemistry thing in order to play beautiful footy and compete with the big boys - but the players have a difficult time doing the basics to move the ball forward. I'm not necessarily talking about skill as I am football intelligence. Knowing when to pass to whom; when to move the ball forward or bring it back; when to switch; when to make a run into space with the ball...there's a lot of laziness as well. Players just standing around watching the ball move (a.k.a ball watching) instead of moving to space to make opportunities happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Morgan's crossing in this, like when he's played for TFC this season, is all over the place! He either completely underhits the ball, or he crosses it so hard it flies into orbit! Only about 1 in 6 he actually puts into the penalty area at a nice pace. If he could sort this final ball out and get some consistency with it, he would be fine going forward. It's frustrating watching him under or over hit the ball again and again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Are you saying he's a "one in sixer" T-boy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chemistry aside, there are a lot of basic blunders that the players on this team make. Example is when our CB passes the ball to our midfielder who is being covered by 2 opposing players rather than passing it off the wings where CMNT players are standing there, alone, with an open passing lane to that player in clear view... Or having out RB try and make 2 long ball passes in a row to our LW who is 3/4 the way down the pitch. How about running up the wing on a nice break, only to rush and panic a cross that goes right into the goalies arms...nowhere close to any of the players in the box.

I understand the whole chemistry thing in order to play beautiful footy and compete with the big boys - but the players have a difficult time doing the basics to move the ball forward. I'm not necessarily talking about skill as I am football intelligence. Knowing when to pass to whom; when to move the ball forward or bring it back; when to switch; when to make a run into space with the ball...there's a lot of laziness as well. Players just standing around watching the ball move (a.k.a ball watching) instead of moving to space to make opportunities happen.
    And TFC players are better? You're telling me that players like Weideman and Braun are better than some of current unattached players on CMNT? Sure some of players on CMNT aren't good enough for MLS, but it doesn't mean Canada doesn't have enough quality players to play in MLS. Don't you realize current unattached players would most likely be signed before next season starts in Europe?

This argument is dumb especially since our manager and one of forward of TFC are from freaking New Zealand (worst than Canada in soccer) while Lambe (starting player) is from Bermuda.
    Last edited by TFC07; 05-29-2013 at 04:51 PM.