Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn it, should've known better...Christmas isn't until the 25th. A gift like Mariner getting canned couldn't possibly come this early could it??

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    Response to Oldtimer:

Then why does Kevin Payne say it's "Total Fabrication" and Paul Mariner denies the reports.
    I don't know the answer to your questions.

I just listened to the podcast and translated it for you.

(BTW it was very annoying to have to listen through a lot of pro-Impact propaganda before getting to the useful part of the podcast)
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"(BTW it was very annoying to have to listen through a lot of pro-Impact propaganda before getting to the useful part of the podcast)" - Oldtimer

Sorry, but we are thankful. At 9:05 on a Sunday morning, no one should have to listen to Limpact crapaganda. Rumours, lies and denials; sounds like the typical workplace.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Damn it, should've known better...Christmas isn't until the 25th. A gift like Mariner getting canned couldn't possibly come this early could it??
    I would almost compare Paul Mariner to getting a fruit cake on Christmas. You just mentally have to prepare yourself and dont get fooled that you wont get anything different. Basically lower your standards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The MLS website is reporting that Chivas is on the verge of hiring Jose Luis Sanchez Sola as their manager. Considering that Marsch reportedly spoke to TFC and Chivas about a manager's position, the likelihood of Marsch joining TFC may have just increased.

As for the rhetoric from the TFC brass, it is commonplace to deny media speculation until an agreement is official.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 12-09-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sola's another foreigner coming into this league trying to revolutionize the league with a different style of play. Sounds familiar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Rumours... Tweets... The offseason... Now we're talking! Whether true or not I agree with an BuSaPunk... It's still great news.
    I was thinking the same and with an upcoming (rumoured) trade in the works, leaked on a weekend. I't's almost more exciting than the regular season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly hes also gotten an offer from Chivas USA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The day Mariner gets canned I will grab the drum and go down to BMO and dance, NAKED!!!!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    The day Mariner gets canned I will grab the drum and go down to BMO and dance, NAKED!!!!!

I'm starting a 'Keep Mariner forever, Keep red rat clothed' group
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if this is a case of Payne expecting Mariner to fall on his sword early and wanting to immediately be ready with a replacement.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to at least wear some shorts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    You might want to at least wear some shorts.
    LOL!!! Low Blow!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I wonder if this is a case of Payne expecting Mariner to fall on his sword early and wanting to immediately be ready with a replacement.
    That would be dangerously unwise. Consider the fact that Mariner is right now working hard to populate our squad with HIS guys. We fire him 5 games into the season a new coach would have no room to make necessary changes to a team that he inherits. Also, if Payne feels that Mariner is not right for the job, but wants Mariner to fall on his own sword by losing the first 5 games of the season, then it's Payne's decision that put us in harms way.

Mariner is not responsible for TFC anymore. It's Payne. Whatever happens moving forward is on Payne - 100%!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    That would be dangerously unwise. Consider the fact that Mariner is right now working hard to populate our squad with HIS guys. We fire him 5 games into the season a new coach would have no room to make necessary changes to a team that he inherits. Also, if Payne feels that Mariner is not right for the job, but wants Mariner to fall on his own sword by losing the first 5 games of the season, then it's Payne's decision that put us in harms way.

Mariner is not responsible for TFC anymore. It's Payne. Whatever happens moving forward is on Payne - 100%!
    I think it's fairly evident that Payne is going to rebuild the roster with players that he has identified moving forward. If Mariner is allowed to to start the season as the head coach, he will succeed or fail with the roster he is dealt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    That would be dangerously unwise. Consider the fact that Mariner is right now working hard to populate our squad with HIS guys.
    I don't think he is. That article last week mentioned Mariner saying that 'they' reviewed the deals TFC put out in Europe, including the ones on a free, and decided to pull them off the table. To me that says Mariner put the deals out during the pre-Payne era and now that Payne is in charge he took a peek at them and thusly said no thanks.

I say any player(s) we acquire now, through either signings or trade, are all Payne. No Mariner, Cochrane or anybody else.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I don't think he is. That article last week mentioned Mariner saying that 'they' reviewed the deals TFC put out in Europe, including the ones on a free, and decided to pull them off the table. To me that says Mariner put the deals out during the pre-Payne era and now that Payne is in charge he took a peek at them and thusly said no thanks.

I say any player(s) we acquire now, through either signings or trade, are all Payne. No Mariner, Cochrane or anybody else.
    Mariner might be putting in requests, but Payne will put his own stamp on things, so he will be responsible, and keep Mariner from making stupid deals.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which article was that? I didn't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine that? Paul Mariner thinks he's on a free ride and goes on a vacation to Scandinavia and Cyprus with nothing to show for it. I think that would be grounds for me to look for someone to replace him prior to the draft which I think can only be good news.

If Ultra & Proud actually has a link to that story, it will be indicative of the way forward for TFC without Mariner. There's already too many red flags with Mariner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

p

you have to wait at least one year because Mariner go nowhere then stay with Toronto

sorry guys but is the true

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol let's hope its not in the winter!
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    Lol let's hope its not in the winter!
    C'mon flush, winter was never that type of guy!!