RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Is North End Elite dead?

I know their we're some issues with the group last year as some members splintered off, but I noticed TFC took away their official supporters group status and they are no longer listed on the Reds website, so what is the story behind their future?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that they were sat down for the last few games, I'm not surprised.

There was a game late in the season where a group of about a dozen people all came together and either got scalpers seats or through the ticket office, and they were desperate to join in. They were just in front of me, and when my son and I tried a couple of chants, they joined right in. There was no reaction from the remnants of NEE in the front row. They were begged to use their big drum, and apart from a glance back towards us, there was no reaction.

Kind of sad, really. Section 127 used to really rock, but it's now full of tourists and kids teams who will ask you to sit down.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We refused to wear shorts to every game and our supporter status was removed. It didn't matter that we were the best supporters in the modern era.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were responsible for a lot of wow look at that moments, another bright spot at bmo snuffed out by mlse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's really too bad. They were great. Thanks for killing the spirit of the stadium, MLSE.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TO DEVILS View Post
    We refused to wear shorts to every game and our supporter status was removed.
    What?

It didn't matter that we were the best supporters in the modern era.
    ...what?

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    What?
    ...what?

- Scott

Stone Cold Steve Austin, is that you son?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dupont View Post
    That's really too bad. They were great. Thanks for killing the spirit of the stadium, MLSE.
    In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    Considering that they were sat down for the last few games, I'm not surprised.

There was a game late in the season where a group of about a dozen people all came together and either got scalpers seats or through the ticket office, and they were desperate to join in. They were just in front of me, and when my son and I tried a couple of chants, they joined right in. There was no reaction from the remnants of NEE in the front row. They were begged to use their big drum, and apart from a glance back towards us, there was no reaction.

Kind of sad, really. Section 127 used to really rock, but it's now full of tourists and kids teams who will ask you to sit down.
    I'm at the top of 127. Like the very last row. I was standing one game and a tourist beside me asked if I was gonna sit down cause I was blocking her veiw. I looked at her and just said "No". Its a shame.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its still a supporters section as per the renewal site. If NEE have pulled out, or something changed with them and FO its probably best to go and ask on their site. I don't like having other groups politics or drama dealt with here.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil