Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Califf snubbed us before, I don't see why he'd come here now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd love Wynne back, but at $326,667 that's just way too much - which is what Colorado thinks too. I think they're hoping he passes the 1st stage without any takers (probably right) and then re-negotiates during the 2nd stage window for a lower salary.

So if we can manage to get in there and get him for somewhere in the 100 -125 k range, I'd love it.

However, the first handball in the box will make me lose my shit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnicker View Post
    I'd love Wynne back, but at $326,667 that's just way too much - which is what Colorado thinks too. I think they're hoping he passes the 1st stage without any takers (probably right) and then re-negotiates during the 2nd stage window for a lower salary.

So if we can manage to get in there and get him for somewhere in the 100 -125 k range, I'd love it.

However, the first handball in the box will make me lose my shit.
    Wynne is going to get re-signed for about 200k-250k IMO. Hard to see Rapids letting Wynne going away, esp since they only got like 3 defenders in the books right now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    it's kinda funny, because some were calling for Wynne to be traded (because of his terrible positioning and petulance of giving up penalties in the box) and very few tears were shed when he actually did get traded (me included)
    His big weakness, partly caused by his speed -- and Morgan also has this issue -- is being caught just slightly too high and letting his man take to the touchline. But Gary Smith was a smart dude; figured out the way to best use his talents even though he's 5'11.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    His big weakness, partly caused by his speed -- and Morgan also has this issue -- is being caught just slightly too high and letting his man take to the touchline. But Gary Smith was a smart dude; figured out the way to best use his talents even though he's 5'11.
    Wynne is listed at 5'9". He has freakish jump though
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might as well toss Wynne at CB, if TFC can get him to sign around 150k. Would be a starter, still has hops and now a bit wiser with experience. A lot of Rapids supporters aren't happy that he isn't signed yet, though I think it's nuts that he's at like 300k salary right now. O'Dea to direct defence, Wynne to use his blazing speed to chase down whoever manages to squirt through
    Henry would be better suited for this. He was the reason we beat Montreal in the Voyageurs Cup and would've played the rest of the season if Winter wasn't sacked.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hate to see the club waste money on Wynne again. He's an excellent athlete. He's not even an average footballer. You guys all forget his hoof-and-chase style, his inability to complete a simple pass? But hey, Paul Beirne said Wynne keep up speed-wise with Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid played at BMO, so he's gotta be good, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wynne has matured as a player since he left TFC, and he has been far more competent in Colorado in recent years. I think he could solidify our central defence pairing, although I agree that his current contract is excessive. If he could be signed for a renegotiated contract in the 150K-200K range, it would be worthwhile in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I would hate to see the club waste money on Wynne again. He's an excellent athlete. He's not even an average footballer. You guys all forget his hoof-and-chase style, his inability to complete a simple pass? But hey, Paul Beirne said Wynne keep up speed-wise with Cristiano Ronaldo when Real Madrid played at BMO, so he's gotta be good, right?
    Agreed. Great character, but really no desire to have him back.

Really limited as a footballer. You're basically paying for an athletic presence at CB defensively and getting nothing when you're own team has the ball.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as PM is here, he's a perfect fit. Long-term, not so much.

I would prefer to bring back the Poz, a much cheaper player and a jack of all trades (and master of none).
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was an integral part of Colorado team that won an MLS Cup. how many TFC players have an MLS Cup ring again?

-Eduardo Galeano

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he was an integral part of Colorado team that won an MLS Cup. how many TFC players have an MLS Cup ring again?
    I watched that game. I don't know if you did. It was an ugly, brutal and boring match and neither side -- and certainly no individual player -- had a standout appearance. So please, spare me. Being an integral part of that squad says nothing about your viability as a player today.

What Wynne has had and continues to have is raw speed and raw strength and raw agility. He has no positional awareness, which is a core competency of someone playing in his position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im with you jus because you have a ring,does not make you a great player,i want nothing to do with WYNNE,jus grab a DB from the argos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All this nuanced analysis - whatever. He's an MLS player! He liked it here!

Sung to Spiderman show theme song from the 60s:

Marvell Wynne. Marvell Wynne. Does what no other back can do.
    Can he run? Listen Bub. He's got speed like no other does.
    Look out! Here comes the Marvell Wynne.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and hide the women,,,here comes the Marvell Wynne.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wouldn't mind either Wynne or Callif to fill our CB role. How many players do we get out of this list and who's a good passing or speedy midfielder we could pick up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be up for Wynne coming back at the right price. We would be solid with two guys that can move up the wings and two soild defenders. Could be the best of both worlds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morlesio14 View Post
    wouldn't mind either Wynne or Callif to fill our CB role. How many players do we get out of this list and who's a good passing or speedy midfielder we could pick up?
    Califf does NOT want to play in Toronto. Signing him would be a colossal mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Califf does NOT want to play in Toronto. Signing him would be a colossal mistake.
    Hopefully mariner and Payne will know that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't Andre Hainault come with a $150,000 to $160,000 price tag? Isn't he available in this draft. If we want another CB for the price you're all suggesting, the team should choose him. He would certainly be a better choice than Wynne at CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Doesn't Andre Hainault come with a $150,000 to $160,000 price tag? Isn't he available in this draft. If we want another CB for the price you're all suggesting, the team should choose him. He would certainly be a better choice than Wynne at CB.
    I am not sure why Hainault isn't listed for this draft. He could have pulled his name out of the draft.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Ives thinks that he is going to Europe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought Marvell Wynne looked like Wee-Bey from The Wire.

I'd take him at a cheap price. I've seen him play a few times when i've been in Denver the past few years and he really got a lot better (he almost looked like a competent football player towards the end).I think a lot of it had to do with playing beside drew Moor but i think a pairing with him and O'Dea could have that potential.The thing is we're already spending a TON of money on our back line. So i would try to negotiate to near 100k if possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched that game. I don't know if you did. It was an ugly, brutal and boring match and neither side -- and certainly no individual player -- had a standout appearance. So please, spare me. Being an integral part of that squad says nothing about your viability as a player today.

What Wynne has had and continues to have is raw speed and raw strength and raw agility. He has no positional awareness, which is a core competency of someone playing in his position.

I believe squeezed between an international in O`dea and more well rounded defender in ecks he wouldnt have that much problems. The key is the right 3 or 2 midfielders in front of them, Imo the guys have to be well passing, tackling studs.

Our attack is decent!

and goalkeeping is good.
    Last edited by DoubleUp; 12-05-2012 at 01:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hear a lot of comments re: who would be sweet pick ups. But the first rounds of the re-entry draft are about the NEW club picking up the OLD contract that the OLD club is not renewing. These players are committed to being in MLS.

As an example columbus released Vukovic (who i rate), and although he's a free agent he's not in the re-entry draft because he's not necessarily committed to MLS. This is how i understand this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    I hear a lot of comments re: who would be sweet pick ups. But the first rounds of the re-entry draft are about the NEW club picking up the OLD contract that the OLD club is not renewing. These players are committed to being in MLS.

As an example columbus released Vukovic (who i rate), and although he's a free agent he's not in the re-entry draft because he's not necessarily committed to MLS. This is how i understand this.
    not enough time in MLS to qualify for re entry draft

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    thank god.....he's not worth it!........
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    I always thought Marvell Wynne looked like Wee-Bey from The Wire.

I'd take him at a cheap price. I've seen him play a few times when i've been in Denver the past few years and he really got a lot better (he almost looked like a competent football player towards the end).I think a lot of it had to do with playing beside drew Moor but i think a pairing with him and O'Dea could have that potential.The thing is we're already spending a TON of money on our back line. So i would try to negotiate to near 100k if possible
    I love The Wire, could never get enough of it. I think it would be very interesting to see Marvel return to the Reds.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have not seen Wynne play for Colarado, but Wynne, was positionaly and tactically inept. Positional and tactical awarness are essential ellemnts for a CB. We have always had a problem with this. Wynne as he was when he left the team would not address this. I like him, and maybe he has learned this at Colarado. But if he has why let him go.

Yes he had speed. He used it when he was caught out of position, which happened way to often, then he would use his speed to recover, and THEN as he was comming from behind, way to often the interevention resulted in a faul. NOT TO MENTION and his inability to keep his hands of the ball in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be more than happy to have Wynne back.

And looking at videos of his move to CB, he does look like he has improved significantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqRBZBwuUC0