Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In memoriam the few who stupidly thought such things necessary to the discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX
    Amado Guevara rumoured to be returning to Toronto FC

Saw this little tidbit in the news and on the Twittersphere today.

"Inicio en enero si Dios quiere , porque es otra etapa y me tengo que preparar bien. Todo lo vamos a manejar en su debido tiempo. La idea es aprovechar con los entrenadores de la MLS como el profesor Bruce Arenas o con el equipo Toronto o con New York", afirmó.

I threw it in google translate for those who don't know Spanish.

"Starting in January, God willing, because it is another step and I have to prepare well. Whatever we manage it in due time. The idea is to take advantage of the MLS coaches like Professor Bruce Arenas or Toronto or equipment with New York, "he said.

He's saying he wants to prepare for a return to MLS in January and possibly sign for Toronto FC, the Galaxy or The New York Cosmos, not the Red Bulls.

Here's the source: http://diez.hn/Ediciones/2012/12/12/...r#.UMuVdqWfM_t
    The entire article is about starting to study to become a trainer while still playing in Honduras. He knows his time is up and he wants to become a national team coach.

He's preparing for the next phase in his career and wants to take advantage of the opportunities to work for head coaches like Bruce Arena or with teams like TFC and New York with great training facilities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    O'Dea a hothead? Passionate maybe, but I don't get hothead impression from him
    He was nicknamed "Darren O Dear" at Leeds for his penchant for getting cards at inopportune times.

Fans talk about it here: http://www.lufctalk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4616

This'll either be the best defence we've ever had or the most explosive.

EDIT: Hmmm, but he also only got one at Celtic. Then again, at Celtic you always have a personnel advantage, except in Euro play. Tough one, that.

I like his strength and size, but we could've said that about Peaches (who I thought was OK.)
    Last edited by jloome; 12-16-2012 at 01:34 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just read an interesting point, in the mlssoccer.com article about the re-entry draft.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...re-entry-draft

Players that went unselected in Stage 2 of the Re-Entry are now available to all teams on a first-come-first-serve basis.
    So it seems their previous teams no longer hold their rights, as some have suggested???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I just read an interesting point, in the mlssoccer.com article about the re-entry draft.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...re-entry-draft

So it seems their previous teams no longer hold their rights, as some have suggested???
    yep. the players not picked on re-entry draft are free agents
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not know what to think of Danny Califf I would have like Juan Pablo Angel ,