Page 60 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1050565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 2074
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited to see Ephraim. There's a good interview on youtube somewhere with the kid. Sounds like he got stuffed over by QPR when they got promotion to the premiership. He was training with the first team, was told he was part of the squad for the season. He then went on vacation to Spain, and got a voicemail saying he wasn't in the playing squad! When he got back to QPR he was training with the reserves and a bunch of other players who also were no longer in the 25 man squad. That's harsh on a player who just helped them get to the premiership in the first place (started the last ten games of the season when they got promoted)! He should be decent at MLS level.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, technicality. They'll have an option to continue until the end of our season or a QPR recall, in all likelihood. So unless he's so good that QPR can't stand to be without, we probably have him for the season.
    and can't discount the fact that his contract may be expiring in June
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as hogan is twice as good for us as plata was I will be very pleased.
    #31 hmmm shitty number. Oh well. Hope he scores on sat against the caps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock at Swindon: DiCanio wanted him to be more of a team player.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/s...k_must_change/

But if you read the comments, fans were divided on whether they needed an explosive game changer or another cog.

Maybe super sub?

EDIT: This kind of play was the knock on Alen Stevanovic, and he has resurrected his career. Getting dumped by us off a loan, then benched for an extended period, seemed to do wonders for him.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-27-2013 at 01:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    True. I wonder though; he's played 94 games for QPR already and he's only 24, so he still has some development time left. He might end up as their first option yet. Seems he's had strings of games for them, then lost out to new signings, sort of perma second choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nah, technicality. They'll have an option to continue until the end of our season or a QPR recall, in all likelihood. So unless he's so good that QPR can't stand to be without, we probably have him for the season.
    Probably a technicality, i agree, but one thing that concerns me is that if QPR are relegated, it's likely the qulaity players ahead of him on the depth chart are gone at season's end, pushing Ephraim up the charts, if guys like Wright-Phillips, Hoilett, and Park Ji-Sung are gone at season's end...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Di Canio is barking crazy, haha!

If you read down the comments under the article, nearly all Swindon fans seem to really like Bostock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post

Yeah according to this: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articl...1#.US5YKDB9ZEU

And this: http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/lon...2029-30497575/

His contract with QPR expires this MLS summer transfer window...
    Last edited by Alonso; 02-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gareth Wheeler@WheelerTSNEarnshaw tying up contract details. Could be signed soon. No chance he's ready to play Saturday. Not match fit. No need to rush. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Robert Earnshaw Thread

Last edited by tfcmanu; 02-27-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21608146

Earnshaw deal looking good. I know he knows where the net is, anyone care to elaborate more on him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Gareth Wheeler@WheelerTSNEarnshaw tying up contract details. Could be signed soon. No chance he's ready to play Saturday. Not match fit. No need to rush. #TFC
    Hmm not sure about this one. I hope it's either as a non DP and/or a short contract. I feel like there are some similarities to Kenny Miller in that he was a pacey forward who is now reaching the age where his pace is fading and might not be as effective as expected. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

On the other hand, I think this is a huge step up over Hassli so perhaps a DP designation isn't too far fetched.

On a side note, I wonder how all the new signings/trialists are finding the weather lol.
    Last edited by Stress; 02-27-2013 at 02:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like the fact that Bostock is on trial with us after failing to impress at San Jose although at least from what I am reading it sounds like they wanted him to fill a role out of his natural position and they were worried he would bugger off in 4 months when his loan was up and he was a free agent so maybe not all about performance. I would hate for TFC to continue it's trend of taking players that couldn't cut it on other MLS teams. Fingers are crossed he can do something for us if he does stay past a trial. Too bad we have no more preseason games to see all these guys in so they get a decent trial.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I don't like the fact that Bostock is on trial with us after failing to impress at San Jose although at least from what I am reading it sounds like they wanted him to fill a role out of his natural position and they were worried he would bugger off in 4 months when his loan was up and he was a free agent so maybe not all about performance. I would hate for TFC to continue it's trend of taking players that couldn't cut it on other MLS teams. Fingers are crossed he can do something for us if he does stay past a trial. Too bad we have no more preseason games to see all these guys in so they get a decent trial.
    Not doubting your point. But, this article says San Jose signed Wondo to a DP contract and can't afford Bostock in the salary cap.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...lowski?cc=5901
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerry Dobson@SNGerryDobsonTo be clear. Robert Earnshaw was at #TFC training in full gear, but did not take part in any training. He chatted with Nelsen after training

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    one man's junk is another man's treasure.

SJ wanted a LW, which is not Bostock's natural position. Nelsen will have a look at him as AM/CM
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    Not doubting your point. But, this article says San Jose signed Wondo to a DP contract and can't afford Bostock in the salary cap.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/13...lowski?cc=5901
    Even better in addition to what I read then...hope it works out for us and him if a good fit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wileman saying he's heard if Earnshaw does sign with us it won't be as a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

I wouldn't be surprised. Just listened the the interview with Nelsen from the TSN podcast and he said that if any older players were signed it would be to smaller salaries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we do sign him....i look foward to his front flips after he scores....he looks like he has some pizazz.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro ‏@JohnMolinaro #TFC adds winger Hogan Ephraim on loan from QPR. No surprise as Payne said yesterday deal was imminent.

Gerry Dobson
    ‏@SNGerryDobson
    Canadian international Jamie Peters training with #TFC today.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    No DP,Loan

Hogan Ephraim Acquired On Loan
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Corpand View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21608146

Earnshaw deal looking good. I know he knows where the net is, anyone care to elaborate more on him?
    Earnshaw is a prolific scorer in the Championship in England, but has never quite been able to hit the goals in the Premiership. The level just seems a little above him in the premier. That being said, we are now talking about the MLS. Realistically, Earnshaw should be quite a productive scorer in MLS level. If Dichio can come and score a few goals, then Earnshaw definitely should be able to!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Earnshaw is a prolific scorer in the Championship in England, but has never quite been able to hit the goals in the Premiership. The level just seems a little above him in the premier. That being said, we are now talking about the MLS. Realistically, Earnshaw should be quite a productive scorer in MLS level. If Dichio can come and score a few goals, then Earnshaw definitely should be able to!
    He was quite a good player with Norwich. Scored a lot. Signing him to a loan is pretty low risk. Sounds like a very good move.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like a good move if he is reasonably priced. Maybe he can add to his hat trick record by getting one here too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Earnshaw does sign, his front-flip goal celeb can replace the DeRo strut......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZt6EruI_zI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since I always check for these things I thought I'd share:

Ephraim is a 66 in Fifa 13. - http://sofifa.com/en/fifa13winter/pl...-hogan-ephraim

Earnshaw wasn't in '13 however in '12 he was given a 73 Rating - http://sofifa.com/en/fifa12/player/1...obert-earnshaw

As for Johnny Bostock... doesn't seem like much an improvement over what we currently have, just more depth at 63 - http://sofifa.com/en/fifa13winter/pl...7-john-bostock

Here is TFC's Roster as of the latest winter update - http://sofifa.com/en/fifa13winter/te...651-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    If Earnshaw does sign, his front-flip goal celeb can replace the DeRo strut......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZt6EruI_zI
    Screw the front flip - the microphone grab & yell is EPIC!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty big things were expected of Bostock while he was at Palace. Kinda sunk into anonymity at Spurs, but that's a pretty hard place to get noticed at the moment. Some interesting stuff going on finally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm excited but there's not been a lot of evidence in the past that the lower league players from England will flourish with TFC. Robinson kind of worked, everyone else kind of flopped, unless I'm missing someone (Andy Welsh TFC legend?!)