Page 4 of 70 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maund...was another poor pick by the club,they could of had meyer who played in the playoffs for LA.along another guy who they could of drafted,i wont mention his name but he won the MVP in the MLS CUP.
    According to MO,(another MO quote)"he is too slow too play in the MLS"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Maund...was another poor pick by the club,they could of had meyer who played in the playoffs for LA.along another guy who they could of drafted,i wont mention his name but he won the MVP in the MLS CUP.
    According to MO,(another MO quote)"he is too slow too play in the MLS"
    Tommy Meyer is terrible. He wouldn't have played if AJ De la Garza was healthy. Meyer also looks good because he has a stud named Gonzalez playing with him

Sam Cronin turned to be quite a good footballer btw. You know, the guy who got picked before Gonzalez by TFC
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i did know that...i still rather have meyer then maund,and Gonzalez is 10 times the player Cronin,jus saying bad drafting by TFC..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes i did know that...i still rather have meyer then maund,and Gonzalez is 10 times the player Cronin,jus saying bad drafting by TFC..
    hindsight is always nice
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like Quillan Roberts to be loaned out during the next season, because with 4 GKs; its highly unlikely he will get any chances to improve, and I would like to see him develop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso;1545974[B
    ]If he produces like Alan Gordon on a consistent basis[/B] then he'd be well worth the salary in my opinion. Especially if it's clutch goals like Gordon seems to create year in and year out.

I wouldn't expect much more either.

I don't think Mariner is a good teacher, not in the vein that Payne wants which is a guy who's been in the development trenches for 20+ years like Rongen, Schmid, or Arena.

I could see Rongen becoming assistant coach for the team because of this, and also because then we'd have a decent interim replacement for Mariner if the team doesn't start out great. An interim replacement that could possibly blossom into a permanent coaching position if Rongen does well.
    Alan Gordon goals are not clutch. If anything he benefits from everyone else doing all the work. I havent watched all SJE games this year so IDK the specifics of all his goals, but having seen how SJE play, I will assume that Gordon is the guy they bring in with 5 minutes left of regulation to nod the ball in the net. He dont score goals without them being flung from all directions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    hindsight is always nice
    That's what we pay our management team to have though. Sure, situations will dictate that there will be less than 100% hit rate, but I get annoyed when everything gets explained away as being logical at the time it was done.

Gonzales for example WAS still highly touted by some people, despite others saying his speed was going to be a limiting factor in his professional career. So it wasn't a widely perceived as a straightforward case, it's just what some pundits were saying while others didn't believe it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    Alan Gordon goals are not clutch. If anything he benefits from everyone else doing all the work. I havent watched all SJE games this year so IDK the specifics of all his goals, but having seen how SJE play, I will assume that Gordon is the guy they bring in with 5 minutes left of regulation to nod the ball in the net. He dont score goals without them being flung from all directions.
    never assume. makes an ass out of u and me

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That's what we pay our management team to have though. Sure, situations will dictate that there will be less than 100% hit rate, but I get annoyed when everything gets explained away as being logical at the time it was done.

Gonzales for example WAS still highly touted by some people, despite others saying his speed was going to be a limiting factor in his professional career. So it wasn't a widely perceived as a straightforward case, it's just what some pundits were saying while others didn't believe it.
    and Sam Cronin was rated as most MLS ready midfielder at the time... 2009 draft class was so deep that it's just matter of whether you get good, or great.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and Sam Cronin was rated as most MLS ready midfielder at the time... 2009 draft class was so deep that it's just matter of whether you get good, or great.
    Agreed, in the end not too many hairs can be split over taking Cronin instead of Gonzales.

O'Brien White on the other hand....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, in the end not too many hairs can be split over taking Cronin instead of Gonzales.

O'Brien White on the other hand....
    nobody knew that his career would be cut so short. I feel bad for him. just bad luck

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nobody knew that his career would be cut so short. I feel bad for him. just bad luck
    He was already coming off pretty serious knee surgery coming into the draft. Not only that, but he was coming out of UCONN which has this reputation of producing guys who don't really work out at the pro level. They're basically the anti-thesis of Akron or Maryland.

I think that one definitely goes down as a mistake.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was already coming off pretty serious knee surgery coming into the draft. Not only that, but he was coming out of UCONN which has this reputation of producing guys who don't really work out at the pro level. They're basically the anti-thesis of Akron or Maryland.

I think that one definitely goes down as a mistake.
    I dunno. UConn seems average. It did produce FC Dallas legend Bobby Rhine. Colorado's Tony Cascio looks to be potential USMNT player. Julius James is a decent depth player in MLS. Kwame Watson-Siriboe is pretty highly rated by RSL.

-Eduardo Galeano

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    I would like Quillan Roberts to be loaned out during the next season, because with 4 GKs; its highly unlikely he will get any chances to improve, and I would like to see him develop
    Who would take him? A PDL team?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you take his injuries out of the equation, White was just not a good player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

White would have gone first if he hadn't done his knee. He was that highly rated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    White would have gone first if he hadn't done his knee. He was that highly rated.
    I remember too, he WAS that highly rated. MLS teams were foaming at the mouth over White before he got injured. He was being talked about as the next "big thing" striker for the US. It really goes to show how one injury can really change a player completely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decent off season so far. Most supporters would like to see Freddy Hall gone.

Beyond that, having a lot of salary wrapped up in 3 older, recently injured injured players is still tempting disaster for next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think TFC needs to bring in a South American kids.
    Im thinking young. Kid who could be brought in just under a youth DP contract. This means we get rid of the deadweight we have.

Dennys Quinonez- Ecuadorian. His rival club is the one Plata was from/ out on loan to. He's small but solid.
    Rafael Acosta- Venezuela. He's big.
    Alexander Mejia- Colombian

Or how about a nice young CB to grow into our team.

Luis Casanova- Chilean and has been playing pro since before he was 18.

I mean this new young aged DP rule is gold. DP for half as much, and it goes until they are 23! I don't want an 18 year old who can't manage on his own in here, but a 21, 22 year old kid. Lets do it.

Its a win, win.

Here is why:
    -Kids get a chance to develop and grow into a focal point on their club. Get to be involved in the play and always be included in the starting 11.
    -Provides a better scouting network to get noticed by european clubs. How many big european clubs run their pre-season in north america? All those teams get a viewing of these guys and these young players get a chance to play these big clubs. How exciting! Also, when the big teams come play exhibition games you bet European scouts are watching, whether it be for scouting reports or for them watching a potential transfer target. Whether you like it or not, MLS makes for a great place to get noticed. Also league is marketed hard, easy to find videos, film ect of players.
    -Good transition league to learn to live away from home, but are still close enough to fly out (fly in family) for home sick visits. Also the schedule is a lot smaller so young kids are away from home for less time. Spend off season back home with old club.
    -Chance to learn the language and live in great cities.
    -investment opportunity for teams. Teams/MLS can make money off these players, as their value will go up if successful.

Its so perfect.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    I think TFC needs to bring in a South American kids.
    Im thinking young. Kid who could be brought in just under a youth DP contract. This means we get rid of the deadweight we have.

Dennys Quinonez- Ecuadorian. His rival club is the one Plata was from/ out on loan to. He's small but solid.
    Rafael Acosta- Venezuela. He's big.
    Alexander Mejia- Colombian

Or how about a nice young CB to grow into our team.

Luis Casanova- Chilean and has been playing pro since before he was 18.

I mean this new young aged DP rule is gold. DP for half as much, and it goes until they are 23! I don't want an 18 year old who can't manage on his own in here, but a 21, 22 year old kid. Lets do it.

Its a win, win.

Here is why:
    -Kids get a chance to develop and grow into a focal point on their club. Get to be involved in the play and always be included in the starting 11.
    -Provides a better scouting network to get noticed by european clubs. How many big european clubs run their pre-season in north america? All those teams get a viewing of these guys and these young players get a chance to play these big clubs. How exciting! Also, when the big teams come play exhibition games you bet European scouts are watching, whether it be for scouting reports or for them watching a potential transfer target. Whether you like it or not, MLS makes for a great place to get noticed. Also league is marketed hard, easy to find videos, film ect of players.
    -Good transition league to learn to live away from home, but are still close enough to fly out (fly in family) for home sick visits. Also the schedule is a lot smaller so young kids are away from home for less time. Spend off season back home with old club.
    -Chance to learn the language and live in great cities.
    -investment opportunity for teams. Teams/MLS can make money off these players, as their value will go up if successful.

Its so perfect.

After the Argentinian waiter Pablo Vitti played here, I'm off all young South Americans. He was terrible. I'd bring players from South Asia first. There must be some Myranmarians bellhops looking for a paycheck.
    Last edited by Toronto; 12-05-2012 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^agreed! If we are goin to bring in south americans they should have experience(journeyman), not kids.

Someone between 27-32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleUp View Post
    ^agreed! If we are goin to bring in south americans they should have experience(journeyman), not kids.

Someone between 27-32.
    We have 3 DPs under contract already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    We have 3 DPs under contract already.
    It doesnt take dp money to bring one from a lower team in the premier or top in segunda.

If we drop frings salary we could afford two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It doesnt take dp money to bring one from a lower team in the premier or top in segunda.

If we drop frings salary we could afford two.
    Should we bring back Martin Šarić?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    Should we bring back Martin Šarić?

same hustle! but more technique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same hustle! but more technique.
    lol, and hopefully with less of a criminal record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are looking at South Americans, I hope they are properly scouted and vetted. The fiasco from last year has made me nervous about these prospects who freak out when they finally realize what they are getting into.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    After the Argentinian waiter Pablo Vitti played here, I'm off all young South Americans. He was terrible. I'd bring players from South Asia first. There must be some Myranmarians bellhops looking for a paycheck.
    So cause one player from Argentina didn't pan out, years ago, we should avoid the whole continent?

wat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    So cause one player from Argentina didn't pan out, years ago, we should avoid the whole continent?

wat.
    2 argies... plus 1 Chilean and 1 equadorian

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on past experience, we should avoid South Americans.

Of course, based on past experience, we should avoid Africans, Italians, Germans, Dutch, Eastern Europeans, Brits, Scots, Canadians and Americans. In fact, based on results, we've had crap players from almost everywhere. We haven't tried Latvians yet, I think, so maybe there's still hope for the future...
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.