Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TFC 2012-2013 off-season general player moves/speculation/etc.

We have a "one thread per player" method for discussing confirmed or highly likely player movements. General discussion, rumours without sources, and speculation can go in this thread. Feel free to discuss our roster here.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    We have a "one thread per player" method for discussing confirmed or highly likely player movements. General discussion, rumours without sources, and speculation can go in this thread. Feel free to discuss our roster here.
    Luis Silva, is gone to the Bundesliga 2. in the offseason. Last night the Garber said that they would try to help teams keep some of their best players from bolting to Europe in order to keep building the quality of the league(ie. Stuart Holden, or Geoff Cameron). This was in response to a question about the Central/South American trend in 2012. He also mentioned investing in academies.

My assumption with regards to Luis Silva is that he will end up in the U.S.A. playing for either the NYRB or Chivas USA team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Larsen tweeted this am that Houston doesn't appear to be picking up Hainaults option. A back 4 of Ecks, Hainault, O'Dea, and Morgan would be pretty solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    Larsen tweeted this am that Houston doesn't appear to be picking up Hainaults option. A back 4 of Ecks, Hainault, O'Dea, and Morgan would be pretty solid.
    Thats not bad, however what we really need is a midfield boss. Frings is old and Dunfield is not good enough. Our problem stems from our midfield being overun, our D couldnt cope with the constant preasure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hainault will go to Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    I think Hainault will go to Montreal.
    We get first go before them right? I say take him first round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Houston doesn't pick up Andre Hainault's option I would take him with the first pick in the MLS Re-entry draft. In 2012, Hainault made $150,000 and is set to make $163,125 in 2013.

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/Octo...0By%20Club.pdf

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hainault should not come here. Too much CMNT bitterness. He would not get a fair shake.

I wish the world was a different place, but nobody here could get past the 8-1 game. He'd just get killed.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    We get first go before them right? I say take him first round.
    whoops, I completely forgot about that whole reentry draft thing. In that case I hope we take him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's MLS related, but I thought I would add it here: Rumoured blockbuster deal (according to Ives)

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2012/12/...up-roster.html

Looks like MLS teams are off and running with deal making. I think TFC will join them. Will be interesting week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Hainault should not come here. Too much CMNT bitterness. He would not get a fair shake.

I wish the world was a different place, but nobody here could get past the 8-1 game. He'd just get killed.
    I see it a different way. He's a MLS starter and he can rebuild his MNT legacy but proving what he can do. Let's hope KP puts the other pieces together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    I see it a different way. He's a MLS starter and he can rebuild his MNT legacy but proving what he can do. Let's hope KP puts the other pieces together.
    As well as being a mentor to the next gen of MNTers in Morgan and Henry. I think there's a lot here for him to build on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. Jason Kreis's version of hulk smash. wouldn't be surprised if he tries to move Javier Morales too
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bet if you asked all 16,000 SSHs who Hainault is, what country is he from, and who he played for last about 1/4 would have a clue. If that. Just because the SGs know doesn't mean it pans out to the greater populace at BMO.

And from your statement we should never get another 2012 edition CMNT member again on our squad? So if Will Johnson didn't like the idea of going to Portland and wanted to come here we should say no because of 'bitterness'?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    My assumption with regards to Luis Silva is that he will end up in the U.S.A. playing for either the NYRB or Chivas USA team.
    is there any basis to him being traded or you just blind guessing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

And from your statement we should never get another 2012 edition CMNT member again on our squad? So if Will Johnson didn't like the idea of going to Portland and wanted to come here we should say no because of 'bitterness'?
    Not what I said.

If you don't understand why Hainault is different than Johnson ... nothing I can do about that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 game doesn't make a career, or doesn't make you a bad player. I think most rational Toronto football fans would realised that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    1 game doesn't make a career, or doesn't make you a bad player. I think most rational Toronto football fans would realised that.
    This one is too easy ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not what I said.

If you don't understand why Hainault is different than Johnson ... nothing I can do about that.
    You think he was the only one who had a horrible match down there in Honduras? We had nine other players out there just as bad on that day, especially in midfield. Besides, that's international play. He was quite good in league play last season and has been fairly solid for a quite a few years.

It was you who mentioned the bitterness at the CMNT and I think it's safe to assume that you are implying that the fans would drop the blame for that match on Hainault. What I am saying is that the majority of our fan base has no idea who Hainault is, who he played for, what position he plays, or anything. You overestimate our fan base's broader knowledge of the game. Most non-SG folks I talk to, and I generally hang out with a lot of them, don't follow our CMNT or even the rest of MLS. They know TFC period and will be totally fine with anyone who plays here as long as they are good and help us win and really, that's all that should matter anyway.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like Hainault but believe that popular opinion would turn against him (or Kuklowski) faster than you can count to one, when he makes a mistake. Maybe he could play in Montreal, given the hometown thing ... anyone who disagrees, fine. If he comes we'll find out. I say he wouldn't get a fair shake.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually like Hainault but believe that popular opinion would turn against him (or Kuklowski) faster than you can count to one, when he makes a mistake. Maybe he could play in Montreal, given the hometown thing ... anyone who disagrees, fine. If he comes we'll find out. I say he wouldn't get a fair shake.
    yeah, but Hainault would still look like an all star compared to shit like Garcia, Reda, Velez, etc
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you mean fair shake? The fans dont determine who plays, signed, waived.

Its up to the player to perform, fans dont dictate if he is any good or not. A bunch of fans heckling wont destroy a players mentality or ability to play. Players dont get run out of town by fans, their performancs and managments decision does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    This one is too easy ...
    ??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    ??????
    IMO that is a very small minority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

someone traded for Maund? LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    IMO that is a very small minority.
    Yes, that's definitely fair enough!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Anything that gets Maund off our team is a plus but I would still rate Braun higher than Wiedeman and he's shown more than Amerikwa as well. Decent depth deal even without the whole getting better by subtraction thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting shot of Maund is like having a new signing, even without the Braun trade! Braun looks a decent depth striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Anything that gets Maund off our team is a plus but I would still rate Braun higher than Wiedeman and he's shown more than Amerikwa as well. Decent depth deal even without the whole getting better by subtraction thing.
    expensive depth. I think Braun is at 150k, and his contract may be expired, but he can't cut it at Mtl and esp in RSL that could use any half decent striker. I don't know. got mixed feelings about this trade.

-Eduardo Galeano