Page 28 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amerikwa? I thought he was released already. lol Talk about an athlete with no soccer skills? No wonder he has bounce around in MLS a lot. He's asking more money? lol He's lucky to even be offer a contract from MLS. I can't believe we traded a draft pick for Amerikwa. Once again, good job Mariner and co.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Amerikwa? I thought he was released already. lol Talk about an athlete with no soccer skills? No wonder he has bounce around in MLS a lot. He's asking more money? lol He's lucky to even be offer a contract from MLS. I can't believe we traded a draft pick for Amerikwa. Once again, good job Mariner and co.
    I actually think Amerikwa was alright as depth, like maybe 5th in the charts, last minute sub. He had the pace and never seemed afraid to run at the opposing defenders. I seem to remember that he even bagged a goal or two. But if he's asking for too much (which is unfortunate too, given how unfair it is to have lower end players on the team make barely enough money to raise a family), his upsides are negligible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well now that Amerikwa is out and from all accounts Plata is to be out on loan again then I guess one of our two draft picks will be used on a Forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else catch Payne on the FAN590 saying how they will hopefully announce in the coming days of new young talent and more experienced players coming in? I understand Peralta... But who's the more experienced person?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we needed a starting forward anyway. Koevermans isn't back until May and it'll probably be longer before he's back to his old form. We should aim to end up with the best forward in the draft.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Did anyone else catch Payne on the FAN590 saying how they will hopefully announce in the coming days of new young talent and more experienced players coming in? I understand Peralta... But who's the more experienced person?
    The return of DeRo?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need midfielders more than anything. Still have no one at all to play on the left side. Only Lambe on the right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    I actually think Amerikwa was alright as depth, like maybe 5th in the charts, last minute sub. He had the pace and never seemed afraid to run at the opposing defenders. I seem to remember that he even bagged a goal or two. But if he's asking for too much (which is unfortunate too, given how unfair it is to have lower end players on the team make barely enough money to raise a family), his upsides are negligible.
    I think stats wise, incl CCL, Amarikwa and Weedman is probably very similar. And Weedman probably re-signed for more than min wage. So Amarikwa's agent probably asked for a bit more than min wage Amarikwa is on right now
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    We need midfielders more than anything. Still have no one at all to play on the left side. Only Lambe on the right.
    a lot of dust needs settling after Nelsen hiring... won't get too worried until beginning of pre season.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@onefusionllp: @mlsrumors Did you guys catch earlier that Alexander Lopez is no longer listed on Olimpia's official roster page? @HoustonDynamo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    @onefusionllp: @mlsrumors Did you guys catch earlier that Alexander Lopez is no longer listed on Olimpia's official roster page? @HoustonDynamo
    Darrell Lovell ‏@DarrellLovell Saw the Alex Lopez article. Was told late last week and confirmed today that there is no offer from the Dynamo.
    He writes for mlssoccer.com specializing on Houston. might be that TFC has discovery claim on Lopez?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whether we should buy out Frings because he's old/slow/etc has been an ongoing topic since the season ended. I didn't specifically refer to these posts. I think it's misguided and some people underestimate how much he brings to the team.
    Cool

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Darrell Lovell ‏@DarrellLovell Saw the Alex Lopez article. Was told late last week and confirmed today that there is no offer from the Dynamo.
    He writes for mlssoccer.com specializing on Houston. might be that TFC has discovery claim on Lopez?
    I hope so... I really like the guy for some reason - maybe it's just all the hype surrounding him though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems Arnold Peralta has decide not to sign with TFC. It was pretty much done.

What the hell happened?

https://twitter.com/cdsvida/status/289097084932599808

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=Arnold Peralta&src=typd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moralis View Post
    It seems Arnold Peralta has decide not to sign with TFC. It was pretty much done.

What the hell happened?

...This is very disappointing. Is it too early to panic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought this was done. Been following it for the last two weeks. It was a good financial deal for him and for the club. I just don't understand.

Was he waiting for a better deal in the future from a European or south American club

Payne did say in his interview with Jeff Blair on the Fan 590 that players are coming soon. I hope so. We need them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell happened?

This is a huge disappointment if true. Molinaro just reported yesterday Peralta's agent would be "surprised" if a deal didn't get done very soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just thought this was done. Been following it for the last two weeks. It was a good financial deal for him and for the club. I just don't understand.

Was he waiting for a better deal in the future from a European or south American club

Payne did say in his interview with Jeff Blair on the Fan 590 that players are coming soon. I hope so. We need them.
    Maybe he finally caught wind of our club's reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THis is definitely a strange one.

They pretty much confirmed that the deal was going to be completed on Monday: http://t.co/sPufoVMF . What changed?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going to guess money. or can't remember who said this, but apparently Mariner was after Peralta and when Mariner got fired, Peralta said screw this?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm going to guess money. or can't remember who said this, but apparently Mariner was after Peralta and when Mariner got fired, Peralta said screw this?
    But if I'm correct in the way it works we still have a discovery claim on him and he won't be able to negotiate with another MLS team. So he basically screwed himself in MLS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're reading into the Honduran media a little too much. They just sound like they foam at the mouth with wild speculation the second the smallest thing happens.

Peralta is meeting with TFC? PERALTA IS SIGNING WITH TFC!

TFC want lower price? TRANSFER IS OFF!

It's basically tabloid journalism.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-09-2013 at 05:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    But if I'm correct in the way it works we still have a discovery claim on him and he won't be able to negotiate with another MLS team. So he basically screwed himself in MLS?
    I think discovery claims last like one yr or somethiing

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think we're reading into the Honduran media a little too much. They just sound like they foam at the mouth with wild speculation the second the smallest thing happens.

Peralta is meeting with TFC? PERALTA IS SIGNING WITH TFC!

TFC want lower price? TRANSFER IS OFF!

It's basically tabloid journalism.
    But the tweet came from the "club's" twitter account.

This whole thing with Peralta has been the strangest transfer... Media was saying done deal, but neither club admitting to anything... Then his agency is saying he's pretty much signed, now they're saying no... I'm so f-ing confused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think discovery claims last like one yr or somethiing
    I think you're right. But if the Hondurian league is indeed imploding then he's going to need a home this year. And that home won't be the MLS

Found it:

E) DISCOVERY SIGNINGS
    Clubs may make discovery claims on players not yet under MLS contract who are not subject to the allocation ranking or lottery mechanisms.Each club has the opportunity to make six discovery signings per season (expansion teams may make 10 discovery signings in their inaugural season). A club may have up to 10 discovery claims on unsigned players at any time and may remove or add players at any time. The last day for discovery player signings is September 15, 2012 – coinciding with the roster freeze date and trade deadline.

The six discovery signings can be used to fill senior roster spots only. If multiple clubs claim the same player using a discovery, the club that filed the claim first will have first rights to the player. Discovery claims expire following each season. If the League and player are unable to reach an agreement during the season, the club that first filed the discovery retains the right of first refusal in the event the player is later signed by the League.
    NOTE: To protect interests of MLS clubs in scouting and negotiations with prospective players, the League office will not publicize the names of players on club discovery lists, nor specify if a discovery claim has been filed on a particular player.
    Last edited by KGH; 01-09-2013 at 05:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand all the negativity toward Frings. He's still probably our best overall player, the only solid midfielder we have, and we only won when he was in the lineup. When he was out, our midfield was complete shit. And he had the likes of Terry Dunfield and Aaron Maund working around him, no one on the left, and a spotty Lambe on the right. I challenge any midfielder to look good in those circumstance.
    and I look forward to him serving under Nelson...much respect for each other ...we'll see QUALITY,...and he'll give like he doesn't have to because he is class, and simply loves the game and hard work....You keep quality. these guys will be invaluable to our youth.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUNIn case this slipped by anyone ... There are no plans at the moment for Quincy Amerikwa to be with #TFC in 2013.

Kurtis Larson@KurtLarSUN@WakingtheRed They were negotiating, I believe. He likely wanted too much.
    thank god.....years shaping up
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Mariner after him or was he shopped to TFC? From Malinaro's article quoting the agent,

"that he would be “very surprised” if Peralta didn’t join TFC, who were first presented with the option of signing the Honduran international last November."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Peralta thing is disappointing. Maybe it's not really off, and they're still negotiating wages, but we have a LOT of gaps in the team right now. Mariner said we're 4 players away from contending? I'd say we're 4 players away from having any semblance of a starting 11. And it's getting late at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll admit I don't have the source for this on hand (it was on my Twitter feed yesterday), but it was said that Peralta had apparently done this sort of thing once before with another club. He'd gone through all the motions to transfer to a new club and just pulled out the rug at the last minute.