Page 53 of 70 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2074
    Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    On Frings: if he does go and the story is about him being bought out as opposed to retiring on his own due to injury than TFC will look like a douche yet again in its treatment of players.
    Wouldn't say that...he's near the end of his career anyways, if he is 2 months away now than I dont think many people would blame TFC for letting him go. Its the way things have to be in MLS, any club would have to make that decision I would think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Frings: if he does go and the story is about him being bought out as opposed to retiring on his own due to injury than TFC will look like a douche yet again in its treatment of players.
    that blame should fall squarely on the leagues shoulders....if there really is a need to blame. cap space is way to valuable to be wasted on a player who can't actually play, especially a 35 year old player in his last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It needs to look like he decided. The team has a bad enough reputation with players without pushing out someone with Frings' stature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect Frings as both a TFC player and from what he has achieved in the past...but if he currently isn't cutting it as our highest paid player & his prospects don't look that good, I say cut him loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if true...give him a job with the club.what i hate is the lack of news coming from this club,there PR has sucked from day 1...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luke thinks its happening,he seems to be spot on all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mdc 77 View Post
    Wouldn't say that...he's near the end of his career anyways, if he is 2 months away now than I dont think many people would blame TFC for letting him go. Its the way things have to be in MLS, any club would have to make that decision I would think.
    I think the situation of the club plays a role in that decision too - i mean, if the team had already established itself as a playoff calabre team, then maybe front office would see how this played out, but given the fact know one knows the total package the team has just yet, given the demand for immediate turn around for the fan base, and if discussions had been had with DP quality players abroad to come in either now or in the summer and the feasibility of that is quite solid, then any GM would make this decision; just makes too much sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't "cut him loose." You find a way that he can go to a press conference or release a statement saying due to ongoing injury that was worse than he thought he is going to retire rather than put in half a season. Otherwise the club is a douche.

Wow, just realized without him there is nothing if value to watch on this team. What a train wreck of an off season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its been a train wreck in slow motion for 6 yrs..when will this end?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    if true...give him a job with the club.what i hate is the lack of news coming from this club,there PR has sucked from day 1...
    If he gets released or bought out, he will be on the first flight back to Germany and will get a job at werder bremen

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, just realized without him there is nothing if value to watch on this team. What a train wreck of an off season.
    I like Frings as much as the next guy and respect what he's done in his career but I would be hard pressed to say that in his time here he was of value to watch. Honestly, it'd be hard to say he had any more impact than DeGuz did and people bash him for his output vs quality all the time on here. You look at it objectively and Frings didn't bring much to our table and not for lack of trying. Time just caught up with him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    If he gets released or bought out, he will be on the first flight back to Germany and will get a job at werder bremen
    This is already in the works from what I know. Thought he had a deal in place to work with their Academy. I wouldn't begrudge TFC for letting him go regardless of how it looks. We can't all bitch that we haven't signed enough players when we handicap our roster by having two max cap players both missing half of the season. To do that would Mo level idiotic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I like Frings as much as the next guy and respect what he's done in his career but I would be hard pressed to say that in his time here he was of value to watch. Honestly, it'd be hard to say he had any more impact than DeGuz did and people bash him for his output vs quality all the time on here. You look at it objectively and Frings didn't bring much to our table and not for lack of trying. Time just caught up with him.
    How many games did TFC win with him in the line up and out of the line up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Duane Rollins is saying that once he is bought out we will have about 1.1 million is cap space(with the allocation space) so hopefully we can put that to good use

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't "cut him loose." You find a way that he can go to a press conference or release a statement saying due to ongoing injury that was worse than he thought he is going to retire rather than put in half a season. Otherwise the club is a douche.
    There's still time for a press conference to happen - the guy is the captain of the team, that can still happen, but knowing how Torsten played the game, I don't think he would admit to retiring due to injury, so i doubt it would go that way, would want to do it on his own terms - and if he retires, he nullifys his contract, and then he gets nothing? Highly doubtful that would happen - pretty sure the personal reasons thing was contrived, but expect nothing less from a corporately own business, pretty par for the course

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luke thinks its happening,he seems to be spot on all the time.
    Duane has been wrong so many times it's not funny. Is Luke saying this? He's more reliable.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    There's still time for a press conference to happen - the guy is the captain of the team, that can still happen, but knowing how Torsten played the game, I don't think he would admit to retiring due to injury, so i doubt it would go that way, would want to do it on his own terms - and if he retires, he nullifys his contract, and then he gets nothing? Highly doubtful that would happen - pretty sure the personal reasons thing was contrived, but expect nothing less from a corporately own business, pretty par for the course
    Yeah. I'm just saying it needs to happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Duane has been wrong so many times it's not funny. Is Luke saying this? He's more reliable.

Yes, Luke Tweeted:
    "I understand the rumours are true. Highly likely Torsten Frings is leaving Toronto FC. Club in discussions to buyout his contract. #MLS"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to agree Frings has been no better than DeGuz, we all liked to bash DeGuz and I was one of them too, however, Frings has been no better, if someone can argue that he has been better than DeGuz then please let's hear it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It requires a bit more patience on our part, but that's actually good PR. Payne has already talked about running a tighter ship and limiting the amount of leaks to the press.

As for Frings, sad end to things if we do buy him out. It would give us an absurd amount of cap space though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I have to agree Frings has been no better than DeGuz, we all liked to bash DeGuz and I was one of them too, however, Frings has been no better, if someone can argue that he has been better than DeGuz then please let's hear it.
    For the first year and a half of his tenure here Frings was easily our best player and the difference in quality between him and de Guzman was blatantly obvious. It's seriously not even close.
    Last edited by notthesun; 02-22-2013 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to happen. When last has an MLS team had a press conference to buy out a DP contract or a retirement for that matter? Most likely it will be a statement.

Frings probably does not have the legs for another season. If he did, we would have bought out Koev's contract instead given that he will be out for longer. If that's the case, I hope Frings realizes this and let's go of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when ever i see a quote from the COCH i cringe...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Frings left it on the field more the De Guzman. I never felt right about the way Frings threw the captain's armband to the ground that one game as he walked off the field though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well at least our coach is back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    Unless Coker has had an huge atitude adjustment, he will be an even worst signing than Robson. I wouldn`t be too jealous, he couldn`t even find a club in the lover leagues of England.
    He was captain at West Ham and has a reputation as a team leader. Or, he did. Not sure what happened. There were reports though that he had solid offers in England and turned them down.

He's not a spectacular player, but he is a very good box-to-box midfielder. He'll do well for them. In fact, they have problems in the middle now from too much talent; on the wings, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nigel Reo-Coker to Whitecaps... Great bit of business.. good player and only 28 years old

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    I feel like Frings left it on the field more the De Guzman. I never felt right about the way Frings threw the captain's armband to the ground that one game as he walked off the field though.
    When players are pissed, they throw things. IIRC he threw it towards the vice captain, not at the ground. I remember van der Vaart doing the same thing last year when he got a hamstring injury in a game NT friendly (threw it towards Heitinga as he went off).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He was captain at West Ham and has a reputation as a team leader. Or, he did. Not sure what happened
    He was cpt during the 2004-05 season when west ham got relegated. He angered the whu fans by proclaiming in the media that it wasn't his fault the team was losing. As for his ability, he is a box-to-box for sure, but he has a poor touch on the ball and little vision. There was a reason why bolton released him and no one else wnated him. Bit of an ego on him too.