Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2074
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears (based on twitter) that George Mason keeper Dustin Butcher is on trial. Not sure what that says about Frei or Roberts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prob a back-up plan incase Frei is gonna miss some time due to his broken nose....maybe Roberts gets sent down to senior academy team(Dichio) and 1st team has Frei,the keeper from Portland and Butcher thats if he cracks the ice and tfc sign him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have never seen this board as quiet as this before a season regarding player signings, speculation etc. Hopefully Payne is working on something, otherwise its going to be a long year if the current roster is not joined by a new stiker, winger and attacking modfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    Have never seen this board as quiet as this before a season regarding player signings, speculation etc. Hopefully Payne is working on something, otherwise its going to be a long year if the current roster is not joined by a new stiker, winger and attacking modfielder.

I think (but am mostly hoping) part of this is that Payne is running a tighter ship with regards to leaks to the media about potential signings.

Most if not all of the leaks so far seem to have come from the other party, like FC Dallas and Quito etc...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pendrith View Post
    ya it's going to be a long year but I'm patient . I like the make up of the people getting involved with the team. And would be suspicious if it happened over night . I for one want Koev's to stay IF he can get back to shape. He is dedicated . So there are no quick fixes and hopefully we can find a few diamonds in the rough.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am as crazy as everybody looking for a couple of great signings. But Payne is going about right. The next 3 signings are critical and getting the right mixture of talent and price is not easy. We do not want to return to the days where we just threw money at older run of the mill players. There are lots of those players available. Payne just spent the last two months cleaning up the mess left by Paul Mariner and we do not want to get right back into trouble with no cap room. He is looking for younger players to build the base for the next 5 years. He knows what he wants and he will be patient until he gets the players he wants. So for the short term we must also be patient, even if I am going out of my mind as each day passes. In the short term I am focused on the defense to make sure we are improved. If this is solid for the start of the season I will be happy. With a good defense we will be in every game.
    Last edited by SKB; 02-12-2013 at 09:15 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    I am as crazy as everybody looking for a couple of great signings. But Payne is going about right. The next 3 signings are critical and getting the right mixture of talent and price is not easy. We do not want to return to the days where we just threw money at older run of the mill players. There are lots of those players available. Payne just spent the last two months cleaning up the mess left by Paul Mariner and we do not want to get right back into trouble with no cap room. He is looking for younger players to build the base for the next 5 years. He knows what he wants and he will be patient until he gets the players he wants. So for the short term we must be also be patient even if I am going out of my mind as each day passes. In the short term I am focused on the defense to make sure we are improved. If this is solid for the start of the season I will be happy. With a good defense we will be in every game.
    I suspect Payne is eyeing summer for some signings too...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well said SKB. You've calmed me down. But damn would it be nice to sign a decent offensive player before the season starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the Honduran striker we were linked to? Just smoke?

On another note, do we know where Tyler Pasher is? He is not listed in the senior academy anymore. They don't have the under 23 academy team roster up yet so I am hoping he is there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Manager View Post
    On another note, do we know where Tyler Pasher is? He is not listed in the senior academy anymore. They don't have the under 23 academy team roster up yet so I am hoping he is there.
    Pasher was cut.

The Honduran is supposedly still in the mix. Not sure why the delay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not a fan of our backup Bendik
    He seems to be kind of a jerk and comes across as extremely arrogant and uninterested in interviews. He writes off his playing in Scandinavia as just "a learning experience" (oppose to going over early to start a professional career and never cracking the team), instead of taking on resppnsibility.

Kocic was the man. Im not impressed

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcolvy View Post
    Kocic wanted to be the man.
    That was the problem. As long as Frei is around and healthy then he's the man. That seems to be the opinion of all of our mass turnover of coaches and management and even staff from around the league.

Thing is, a back up will play nearly no minutes a season as long as the starter is healthy so they aren't worth paying much more than the minimum. Kocic wanted (deserved) a raise and minutes and he wasn't going to get it here.

Bendik seems like a dick in interviews?
    Meh. As long as he makes stops when called upon he can be the biggest hot rod douchebag in interviews for all I care. Now if he upsets the locker room with being a dick then that's different and that's when low priced back-up goes bye-bye.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall I'm happy with the performance. I think it was Mariner or Winter, we would have conceded 2-3 in that first half. I think Nelsen wants the mentality that if you're not creating anything going forward, you can rely on being organized defensively to get a result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Nelsen can get the defense to outperform their limitations, that would be a big step forward. Let's see how they handle the dead ball situations, then we'll know what we're in for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc #TFC training update: Darel Russell, midfielder from England, is with the Reds on trial. #TFClive

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darel_Russell

Says he is a central mid... Another central mid?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darel Russell on trial with TFC......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darel_Russell
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC @torontofc
    #TFC training update: Darel Russell, midfielder from England, is with the Reds on trial. #TFClive

“Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how about some strikers or wingers....could this be the end of frings?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another old guy from over the pond. Great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Pasher was cut.

The Honduran is supposedly still in the mix. Not sure why the delay.
    Wasnt Pasher a top prospect?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Wasnt Pasher a top prospect?
    Guess not.

Mind you that a lot of people based his 'top prospect' status on only watching him play Liverpool last season. A friend I know who watched quite a bit of the Academy matches said he wasn't very reliable defensively and was frequently burned by CSL competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Guess not.

Mind you that a lot of people based his 'top prospect' status on only watching him play Liverpool last season. A friend I know who watched quite a bit of the Academy matches said he wasn't very reliable defensively and was frequently burned by CSL competition.
    That's what I thought too in the short time I watched. Not to say this is right, but it's the impression I came away with after a small observation period.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Toronto FC @torontofc
    #TFC training update: Darel Russell, midfielder from England, is with the Reds on trial. #TFClive

Purely as an aside, this is Darel Russell's sister (the brunette) with her group Miss Frank on Britain's The X-Factor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQldwM5lRvs
    Last edited by Mr. Bigby; 02-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the by, according to a TFC tweet, Ryan Nelsen is off to England for a few days to settle his affairs and to 'scout'...
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Another old guy from over the pond. Great.
    my thoughts exactly.... ^and that X-facot fact is jokes^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like Ryan Nelsen or Kevin Payne can't seem to sign central or south American attacking players. Not sure if it's money or can't identify players that will come in produce straight away.

I personally think it's better that Ryan Nelsen travel back to England and speak to clubs and players. Maybe get a couple on loan or free agents. I'm sure he has a lot of contacts. Built a good reputation in England.

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc #TFC training update 1/2: Head coach Ryan Nelsen is heading back to England today to finalize his transition to Toronto & to scout players.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/302182824566472704

Toronto FC ‏@torontofc
    #TFC training update 2/2: Nelsen is expected to return to the club in a few days.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/302182868979953664

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just noticed that Canadian Jaime Peters from Pickering was cut from the Whitecaps camp, he was on trial there. He is only 26 years old, and has been in England playing in the Championship and lower divisions for a few years now, is he worth a look?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    I just noticed that Canadian Jaime Peters from Pickering was cut from the Whitecaps camp, he was on trial there. He is only 26 years old, and has been in England playing in the Championship and lower divisions for a few years now, is he worth a look?
    word out of Caps camp is that he showed up with poor fitness. Rennie didn't think much of him.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay well attackers are gladly welcome from across the pond

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan View Post
    According to Jason de Vos on his podcast recently Peters has an attitude problem. He played with him at Ipswich briefly and he thought a bit too much of himself.
    The last thing we need on this team right now is another local guy with entitlement issues. Not mentioning any names.