Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a bit worried about scalpers, with no restrictions on the # of seats per account. I bet some of them took a bath last year, so I was hoping we would see less scalping. However, with renewals supposedly going OK, and with a bit of hope returning with the Payne announcement, I'm worried the scalpers may pick up some more cheap seats at least, probably little risk in those. But of course that means not much will be left for the rest of us who want to relocate -- plus limited availability for single-ticket sales next season (Ticket Trader or the box office), and more turnover in the seats with random (often drunk) fans boys showing up for a game to "have some fun."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I'm a bit worried about scalpers, with no restrictions on the # of seats per account. I bet some of them took a bath last year, so I was hoping we would see less scalping. However, with renewals supposedly going OK, and with a bit of hope returning with the Payne announcement, I'm worried the scalpers may pick up some more cheap seats at least, probably little risk in those. But of course that means not much will be left for the rest of us who want to relocate -- plus limited availability for single-ticket sales next season (Ticket Trader or the box office), and more turnover in the seats with random (often drunk) fans boys showing up for a game to "have some fun."
    South-end tickets are still limited to 4, so the scalpers will only be picking up more expensive tickets.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I was told there is no restriction for any section in terms of where the seats are....in writing, today.

Dom
    Last edited by Eastend; 12-05-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just called TFC Front Office to verify once and for all about purchasing additional supporter seats during the SSH relocation event, even if you have a max of 4 seats in your account already, such as myself.

The answer was, YES. No-limit (rep I spoke to was D'arcy)

This worries me alot because if the scalpers get in there....the supporter experience is finished at BMO Field.

My appointments @ 5pm tomorrow. Hoping I could secure an extra 2 for my extended family .

We should buy them all and maintain complete control in the south! ( I wish)

Hoping everything works out this week for everyone. Let's try to include/upload some pics of the relocation event appointments like we have in the past to estimate inventory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sounds like someone should find Payne's new TFC email address and let him know of the situation and the supporter concerns. Might be a good test to see how much he plans to engage the fans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    It sounds like someone should find Payne's new TFC email address and let him know of the situation and the supporter concerns. Might be a good test to see how much he plans to engage the fans.
    he does plan to do so a lot.

I am an Online Pole
    RPB Twitter and Facebook Bitch (http://www.twitter.com/redpatchboys)
    Pride...Passion...Purpose...and DRANK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Payne being such a pro supporters group type guy I'm sure he's aware of the situations and will probably be working internally for some answers to alive the problems.

North End Complete supporters only anyone? LoL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got a reminder email from TFC and it states that a limit of 2 additional seats in yellow section may be purchased.

Dom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here for my 12:30 time slot. 12pm was packed and looks like 12:30 will be also. About 60 seats available in southend right now....not including 112, 113, and 114 which as mentioned have been blocked off. I'd say 300+ available in my timeslot.

Dom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    Here for my 12:30 time slot. 12pm was packed and looks like 12:30 will be also. About 60 seats available in southend right now....not including 112, 113, and 114 which as mentioned have been blocked off. I'd say 300+ available in my timeslot.

Dom
    Thanks for the info. Can you see how light-greys on the west side look?

Hopefully somebody posts some pictures...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

119 = 6
    219 = 8
    220 = 20?
    226 = 14
    227 = 6

Dom

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Thanks!!

My time is Friday at 5pm; not yet sure if I'll go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My slot is tomorrow at 6. Hoping to have an idea of whats available so i can decided wheter its worth it to go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne just showed up and gave a nice speech about building young and no more 35 year old DP's. Recorded it but not sure how to post it. He said he will try to get to as many groups as possible.

Dom

p.s. It's fucking cold.

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Im at the relocation event and KP shows up to welcome everyone. He sayshe wants to build a hungry young team that will "die for the badge" and that the days of "35 year old DPs" are over. He also says that TFC has made a trade that he cant disclose, but will be announced in a couple of days
    Last edited by Mr. Bigby; 12-06-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jut got back. Nice to meet Payne. Exchange for better seats. Nice new sod just got laid.

Of course, I'm talking about the grass.

Get your minds out of the gutter!
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone get a look at 111?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Bigby View Post
    He also says that TFC has made a trade that he cant disclose, but will be announced in a couple of days
    Gotta be either Johnson or Milos. Only 2 parts we have that are of trade value.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It hadn't actually occurred to me that people would use the price drop to move out of the south stand to seats between the goals.

My dream of moving to the south stand just became a little bit more realistic...maybe I should upgrade from a dream to a hope?

With hope in my heart...
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I left, there were more than I expected left in the south stands. I think the limit of 2 also helped.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    When I left, there were more than I expected left in the south stands. I think the limit of 2 also helped.
    Plus, when people move in the next few days, their seats will open up to those that come after. So regardless of what is available after today, there is a chance going forward that options will remain for those with later timeslots.

Fact is, there really is little security at BMO, all you need is a ticket in the door. If you want to stand, you'd have no problem finding room in supporters sections. I spent a total of 2 halves in my actual seat last season. I don't anticipate that being a problem this year either. With the resurgence of the Jays, TFC is going to have a hard time building momentum to bring back the atmosphere and sold out crowds of the early years.

I think there were far more reasons to be optimistic last season. Then the team did so poorly, the marketing strategy has been to press the reset button. Obviously, in terms of selling tickets it has worked.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was bout 30+ seats available in 111 and about 30-40 seats available 115-118
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Huyton View Post
    It hadn't actually occurred to me that people would use the price drop to move out of the south stand to seats between the goals.

My dream of moving to the south stand just became a little bit more realistic...maybe I should upgrade from a dream to a hope?

With hope in my heart...
    I hear 111 has a bunch of good guys this year.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 12-06-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Payne just showed up and gave a nice speech about building young and no more 35 year old DP's. Recorded it but not sure how to post it. He said he will try to get to as many groups as possible.

Dom

p.s. It's fucking cold.
    If you have a gmail account you can always upload it to youtube. Thanks for the info BTW, much appreciated and I hope everyone does well at the relocation event today.

I hate to say this - because we've had false confidence so many times before - but Kevin Payne inspires a lot of confidence. Maybe it won't lead to other worldly success, but I can at the very least see logic behind what the front office tries to do, which would be a huge improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dom
    Where was the block-off of 112, 113, and 114 mentioned? Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a email
    Saturday, December 15th we will be hosting a Select-A-Seat event at BMO Field for members of our Waiting List. As a previous Season Seat Holder, we would like to extend an invitation to the event.
    Additional features to the 2013 Season Ticket Package include:

• "Early Bird" rate of up to 35% off 2012 prices*
    • Complimentary ticket to see TFC vs. Montreal Impact at Olympic Stadium**
    • 50% off all Champions League tickets for 'Convenience Pack' purchasers

RPB Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Where was the block-off of 112, 113, and 114 mentioned? Thanks.
    Mentioned in the RPB members area.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at the event at 12 today. When standing in line , KP came by and shook each of our hands. Then went to the registration room to give the speech mentioned above. As for seats available. SUPPORTERS: 110 and 112-114 are blocked off, no tickets made available as promised. Approx 25-30 seats available in 111. Other supporters section had some. Slim Pickings in LIGHT GREY: About 20 seats available inside NEE Section 127, 10 in 226, 7 in 227. 20 avail in 220. less then 10 in 219. Not much in 105, 104. Variety of seats in other sections. Some nice 2nd row seats in RED and DARK GREY categories if you can afford them. Did not see any available seats in 1st Row.

RoadTrips:Columbus/Vancouver/Montreal/Columbus/NewYork/Montreal/
    RPBScarf:2015/2019/2023

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand the block off in 112-113, but I fail to see how 110 was included. What makes 110 any different from 111?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At the 12:00pm first round kick-off-
    these were available in the supporters areas
    section 110 had 41 seats available, but nothing in the top 16 rows
    section 111 - 46 seats
    section 112 - NO seats
    section 113 - NO seats
    section 114 - NO seats
    section 115 - 42 seats
    section 116 - 22 seats
    section 117 - 54 seats
    section 118 - 21 seats
    section 119 - 4 seats
    section 127 - 33 seats
    Last edited by Fort Rouillé Toronto; 12-06-2012 at 06:16 PM.