Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Hi - have it confirmed directly from the club there are no yellows and light grays left for Saturday (my buddy is going for medium grays).
    Thanks for info. Maybe this is why I didn't receive an email from TFC today. They know I am interested only those two sections.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an email from TFC. You can buy or pay partial of season tickets and you can get free Raptor tickets when you buy season tickets. But the catch is that there is no light grey and yellow seats left.
    Last edited by TFC07; 12-12-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what time did you get i got 11am

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My appointment time is at 4:30 pm lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC homepage has the Twitter feed along the right side ... just noticed one from an hour ago that says:

Officially a
    @torontofc season ticket holder! AND scored them in Supporters Sec 111!!! My #TFC 2013 Wish came true! #TFCLive

How'd this guy get seats in the supporters (and in his first year nonetheless)?!?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back, buddy and I bought two med grey in 221, right near the aisle, perfect view, couldn't be happier.

There were literally three or four singles left in light gray (weirdo dude who was there bought one in 127) but nothing in the south stand.

If you're looking for red, med/dark grey or red, you should be OK. There was still about 30 or so med greys when I left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepred View Post
    TFC homepage has the Twitter feed along the right side ... just noticed one from an hour ago that says:

Officially a
    @torontofc season ticket holder! AND scored them in Supporters Sec 111!!! My #TFC 2013 Wish came true! #TFCLive

How'd this guy get seats in the supporters (and in his first year nonetheless)?!?
    that's some bullshit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    that's some bullshit.
    If there's 3 or 4 singles in light-grey, that's just luck of the draw. Must have been dropped near the end of the relocation event last week. Or perhaps dropped in the phone relocation over the last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scored 2 in light blue. 551 per seat renewal would have been 513. However got two Raptor tickets with a face value of 54 bucks each. Glad to have my own seats now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah I got one in 127 and got the same Raptor game what sec you in I got 112
    Last edited by nascarguy; 12-15-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoPat View Post
    Scored 2 in light blue. 551 per seat renewal would have been 513. However got two Raptor tickets with a face value of 54 bucks each. Glad to have my own seats now.
    That's balls!!!! I've been a season seat holder since year two. I didn't get raptors fix when i renewed my seasons in dark greys.(renewed after the early bird deadline) i still believe i should of gotten a pair even just for renewing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCAURORA View Post
    That's balls!!!! I've been a season seat holder since year two. I didn't get raptors fix when i renewed my seasons in dark greys.(renewed after the early bird deadline) i still believe i should of gotten a pair even just for renewing.
    Yeah, in my opinion you should have. The guy there said the tiickets were only available to those who bought today. So if anyone was down there and decided to wait until Monday they are S O L as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am season ticket holder now! I will be seating at the north end (light blue seats) plus got couple of Raptor tickets (worth $54 per ticket).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    yeah I got one in 127 and got the same Raptor game what sec you in I got 112
    103 funny thing though the ticket says 54 bucks but the seating chart says 64. I guess they dropped the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the time my 2:00 appointment yesterday, all that was left in light grey was up in section 220. So I got two singles - one in row 11 and row 14.

Not too happy with the seats - would have preferred 111 but I'll most likely come down after the game has started.

Happy to become a SSH!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    that's some bullshit.
    Fact.

Yet the process remains unchanged since day 1. The second guy to buy ST's of 14000 can have less selection than the last.

It goes like this:

Want to relocate? Sign up.

You are given a time slot - which for 95% of people is not do-able without booking time off work etc. Like fighting tickets in court.

Everything is done in sequence regarding when you bought tix. But...

All the sign-ups are grouped together in lots of 50 or so. The 50th guy to sign up is SOL since he has the lowest priority of his group. The 51st guy is golden and can trump anyone else in his group and lap up whatever tix he wants - it was up to six total the first year it was done, now it is unlimited? Going by whatever is available - whoever didn't renew in amongst those before him.

Everything else account-related can all be done online. A half-assed programmer could write something in a day that would make things equitable. But that would make it too easy to give MLSE less money.

The horror.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    If there's 3 or 4 singles in light-grey, that's just luck of the draw. Must have been dropped near the end of the relocation event last week. Or perhaps dropped in the phone relocation over the last week.
    What's the point of priority when they are going by "luck of the draw".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    By the time my 2:00 appointment yesterday, all that was left in light grey was up in section 220. So I got two singles - one in row 11 and row 14.

Not too happy with the seats - would have preferred 111 but I'll most likely come down after the game has started.

Happy to become a SSH!
    had the same appointment time...my dad got me 220 row 15, literally 3 seats from 221...imagine that, my seat cost me $285, while the person 10-15 feet away will be paying $500ish depending if they are a first time buyer or not

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deepred View Post

Officially a

That was me!

I had the first time slot (10AM). There were 2 singles in Sec 111, and I grabbed them. They're not together side by side, but are in front of eachother 2 rows apart.
    I had half season's in that section last year... I don't think I'll have a problem most games moving around a bit and standing together.

Also, Sec 111 isn't one of the "Yellow" Supporters sections in the South End (there were none of those available), it's the last section on the sidelines in the southeast corner (light grey).
    But it's still designated as a "Supporters Section" with all the same rules (ie. you can stand all game). This was VERY important for me - more so than the cheaper price.
    There's nothing worse than having seats in front of someone who doesn't really give a crap about the team, and having them bitch at you to sit down.

Either way, I was suprised I was able to get them as well... but extremely happy about it!!!
    Last edited by gdg_9; 12-17-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    had the same appointment time...my dad got me 220 row 15, literally 3 seats from 221...imagine that, my seat cost me $285, while the person 10-15 feet away will be paying $500ish depending if they are a first time buyer or not
    Yeah, that's messed up for sure. There's got to be a better way to do this whole seat pricing thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlocks View Post
    Yeah, that's messed up for sure. There's got to be a better way to do this whole seat pricing thing.
    You could go to a system where every seat is a different price. Though most teams in various sports use what TFC uses, where ultimately there are going to be different people in the same price zone who have much better seats than others - and places in the stand where two people close together are paying very different prices.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only way would be to have more pricing levels and more complexity. Keeping it simple, you'll always someone across the aisle, or a few rows below you paying substantially more/less.

The ultimate way would be to have specific seat pricing, with a gradient across the whole stadium. But then you coud have one of your seats at $250, the other at $255 and the guy a few sets down only paying $244. My head already hurts. If everyone knows the pricing and how it works, you will pay what you think is appropriate. If 109 as dark grey is too expensive, move into lower 110 for medium or (best deal in the stadium) upper 110 for light greys. That's where the biggest price disparity is, the 109/105 upper darks and the 110/104 upper light greys, because of the split sections. Everywhere else is fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like the way the re-location is done...

Personally, I would have never moved my seats, had I not been able to go sit in my new ones, then current ones, back to new ones, etc etc and see if I really wanted to make the move...

I simply shifted closer to mid-pitch, while staying in the same section/price range... But it's a good move...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    You could go to a system where every seat is a different price. Though most teams in various sports use what TFC uses, where ultimately there are going to be different people in the same price zone who have much better seats than others - and places in the stand where two people close together are paying very different prices.

The pricing is screwed up, the light blues as mentioned numerous times are a prime example. And MLSE's continued ignorance to that, as well as the non-reduction in face value of tickets for this year is a sign that this price correction may only be a 1-year thing. If light blue was reclassified as light grey, the club would probably sell alot more tickets. I have a feeling that section is going to be empty all year (as it was 2 years ago).

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very happy with the process this year (though still shocked that I caved and went in for seasons). I have much better seats now than I did two years ago when I was a season seat holder, and for less money. Pretty pleased, even if this year is still likely a writeoff.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    The pricing is screwed up, the light blues as mentioned numerous times are a prime example. And MLSE's continued ignorance to that, as well as the non-reduction in face value of tickets for this year is a sign that this price correction may only be a 1-year thing. If light blue was reclassified as light grey, the club would probably sell alot more tickets. I have a feeling that section is going to be empty all year (as it was 2 years ago).
    A friend of mine is in the light blue section and loves it. I asked him if he was looking to downgrade to a cheaper section at relocation time he said no he doesn't want to leave the light blue section. He is just looking to move closer to the front of it. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was him but hey, there are people that like to be there and don't really care about the cost as much. I think it could still be fairly empty though if we have another crappy season. I don't think there are too many people like friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.bcfc.com/documents/hyst-p...101-481879.pdf

Similar ground to BMO in England, interesting to see the pricing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    A friend of mine is in the light blue section and loves it. I asked him if he was looking to downgrade to a cheaper section at relocation time he said no he doesn't want to leave the light blue section. He is just looking to move closer to the front of it. It wouldn't be my first choice if I was him but hey, there are people that like to be there and don't really care about the cost as much. I think it could still be fairly empty though if we have another crappy season. I don't think there are too many people like friend.
    I feel the same as your friend. I first sat in light blue's for the concaf games and just loved it. Mind you I was in row 1 for those games. I got section 133 row 9 (That was as close to9 the front as I could get). In the future I hope to get to row 1 someday but in the meantime Light blue provides a great view of the ball heading toward the net. well for one end anyway. Plus the R S grill is right there and easy exit to the go train.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can count me amongst those that loves the light blue (north end stand) - and didn't even consider moving despite having an early Thursday appointment time this year. I don't want to commit to standing all game, but like the perspective of seeing the width of the field. The extra height makes all the difference to me as well - I'm close to the net on one side but still have a reasonable view of the other end since the section is higher. I was in 126 for 4 years but much prefer 132 - and think that $28 per game is a great value for the view there (especially in row 1). Others around me seem to feel the same.

My point isn't to convince anyone else that I'm right and they're wrong about what's good value - it's more to say that people value different things as a spectator - and there's definitely a defensible case for wanting to sit in the north end at this price (even if given your choice of location).

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    http://www.bcfc.com/documents/hyst-p...101-481879.pdf

Similar ground to BMO in England, interesting to see the pricing.
    Im sure there is someone there complaining still.

we are paying the same for section 20/21 as someone with better seats at midfield (26/28/30). And the guy across the aisle is paying even less in section 17! BCFC FO needs to smarten up and get this straightened out. My cousin in Toronto (similar stadium) sent me this link with their ticket prices. If it was the same, my tickets would be a third of the midfield prices!

cant please everyone, and the grass is always greener. Except at BMO, our grass is always green.