RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday was the best TFC day for me since Mo was canned.

Knowing what Payne did at DC, we are in for a complete culture remake... in the right direction.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've felt optimistic before, but I hope we arent heartbroken again. I did feel good about him mentioning keeping leaks from going out to the press and having only one message come from the team. Sounds like a man who knows how to run a franchise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the Sportsnet article: NOTES: Mariner recently returned from a scouting trip that included visits to Sweden, Denmark and Cyprus, and told reporters that the club has made contract offers to players... Mariner said he and Cochrane planned to meet with Payne over the next few days to go over the team’s current roster and make decisions about player cuts, and develop a strategy for January’s Super-Draft, where TFC has the first overall pick.

Maybe they should have waited a week to discuss, with Payne, about picking up the option on Hassli so we weren't tied up with 3 DP's already when they start going over the team's roster with Payne. One last kick at the can to sign something for Cochrane and Mariner I guess before the boss showed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Maybe they should have waited a week to discuss, with Payne, about picking up the option on Hassli so we weren't tied up with 3 DP's already when they start going over the team's roster with Payne. One last kick at the can to sign something for Cochrane and Mariner I guess before the boss showed up.
    Or maybe they wanted to ensure that they got their safety net for next lined up before Payne came in. This way if the season is bad, and the 3 DP's are injured or under perform, they can attempt the whole "We were shackled by the DP's - next season they are off the books and we can really build our team" excuse.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb.

The Dynasty Continues - RWN - Champions SoctoberFest! '11, GoTFC Supporters Cup '10. Indoor Cup '10, '09, Niagara Cup '08 & '09. Be Champions. 6 for 8 :)