View Poll Results: Predict Paul's future.

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fired before first game

40 33.90%
  • Games 1 - 9

49 41.53%
  • Games 11-- 18

18 15.25%
  • Games 19 - 26

4 3.39%
  • Games 27 - 34

1 0.85%
  • Fired after last game.

6 5.08%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess the answer is 0, as the lads report on the 19th and he simply will not be there. I it an interesting choice to make for Payne but one I support knowing who he has given their first opportunities in the past.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey OOOOOh!

I might have guessed and voted right!

Let's see in the morning.....

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

32% got it right. Shows that we aren't really a good judge of how things work, lol.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    pretty simple. how many games before Paul packs up his shorts and heads to Bermuda?
    he'll need a little rope to hang himself. I say 7 games and he'll be history!
    No rope necessary it seems! Glad they shared our opinion in the end. Let's keep one eye on Bermuda shall we? Maybe invite them for a Feb friendly vs Canada at Skydome? Just pack it full of peeps in shorts, sand boxes on the sidelines...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhhh glad that's over. Got to say it was a learning experience. Mostly about the football IQ among the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to brag that I said this on December 14. You could tell right from the opening press conference introducing Payne that Mariner was on thin ice.....

"Look at it this way. The off-season, when player acquisition and building the team for next year, is the time when a GM and coach have to work the closest together. What do you think the chances are that Payne comes through that thinking, yeah, this is a guy I can work with?"

And this:

"I think he needs a little time to figure out if Mariner can come in line with his vision and way of working. The next month ought to be interesting."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    32% got it right. Shows that we aren't really a good judge of how things work, lol.
    This poll was started before Payne hiring though...I bet a 2nd poll after Payne hiring might have been a little different. But really you are right...it's a crap shoot no matter what and we are just throwing the dice hoping to land on a winning roll. The house usually comes out on top though as always. I lost my bet again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

goodbye ass clown!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    I'm thinking its a 50/50 chance he even starts the preseason. After a week or two in the drivers seat Payne will see what kind of gaffer he has and if its not what he wants for the club he's gone.
    Here it is. Should've ended this thread on page 2!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    I voted Fired before first game which is mostly wishful thinking.
    Seems I was right for once.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    goodbye ass clown!!!!!!!!!!

speaking of ass clowns..

I wonder what Cathal Kelly will write about this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

speaking of ass clowns..

I wonder what Cathal Kelly will write about this.
    Here you go:

http://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer...ns-again-kelly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can officially retire the ship of fools! two out of three are out of the way.

Earl are you nervous?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can officially retire the ship of fools! two out of three are out of the way.

Earl are you nervous?
    Let's just hope it's not a whole new ship with a whole new set of fools!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Let's just hope it's not a whole new ship with a whole new set of fools!
    Given our new head coach's complete and total lack of any experience coaching anything, then surely that we've just hired a whole new set of fools is almost a given.

I suppose we could get lucky, and have found a diamond in the rough ... but I'm not sure how anyone can possibly think that this is a step forward, rather than at best a step sideways. I hope I'm wrong, and as I'll do with any new coach, I'll certainly support them far longer than most of those running from the sinking ship

But I'm perplexed why you'd drop someone who is so new at this he is still crapping orange in the key role, in a market like this where the media is going to pressuring him from day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Not too Bad

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    At least Kelly didn't praiser that moron PM...and I liked his last line...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Given our new head coach's complete and total lack of any experience coaching anything, then surely that we've just hired a whole new set of fools is almost a given.

I suppose we could get lucky, and have found a diamond in the rough ... but I'm not sure how anyone can possibly think that this is a step forward, rather than at best a step sideways.
    So, you're saying it was foolish when Payne hired Ben Olsen for DC? Or Petr Nowak? Neither were experienced.

You seem to know nothing about this league, you just know how to lob criticisms at TFC (not that they haven't deserved criticism over the years).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This poll was started before Payne hiring though...I bet a 2nd poll after Payne hiring might have been a little different. But really you are right...it's a crap shoot no matter what and we are just throwing the dice hoping to land on a winning roll. The house usually comes out on top though as always. I lost my bet again.

Actually this poll was started on the day of Payne's hiring.

After the presser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet, I was right.

What do I win?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post
    Actually this poll was started on the day of Payne's hiring.

After the presser.
    My bad. How time flies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, you're saying it was foolish when Payne hired Ben Olsen for DC? Or Petr Nowak? Neither were experienced.
    Nowak really? The guy that the Union fired for getting into physical fights with players? I've never seen another MLS team use terms like "gross negligence" and "not allowing the players to have water" before when referring to their head coach in official documents! Surely Nowak is evidence that Payne has hired unqualified coaches before.

Also Olsen did have coaching experience before he was hired as head coach. He had just over a year's experience acting as assistant coach and then interim coach for DC until he was made head coach. So Payne is batting 50%. Or is he - what about Soehn and Onalfo?

You seem to know nothing about this league, you just know how to lob criticisms at TFC (not that they haven't deserved criticism over the years).
    I don't see the need for a personal attack here. I don't think I've criticized TFC as much as the average person here. And I'm not sure where the comment about the league comes from. I simply have great concerns about Payne, based on how badly that press conference went. It just doesn't seem very professional. For some people professionalism might simply be about what clothes one wears ... but I think it's more about whether one is wearing clothes at all.
    Last edited by nfitz; 01-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see the need for a personal attack here. I don't think I've criticized TFC as much as the average person here. And I'm not sure where the comment about the league comes from. I simply have great concerns about Payne, based on how badly that press conference went. It just doesn't seem very professional. For some people professionalism might simply be about what clothes one wears ... but I think it's more about whether one is wearing clothes at all.
    Your "criticism" of Payne's first move for us was vitriolic. We'll see if it shows to be prophetic or hyperbole soon enough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Your "criticism" of Payne's first move for us was vitriolic. We'll see if it shows to be prophetic or hyperbole soon enough.
    Saying "I'm perplexed why you'd drop someone who is so new at this ..." while at the same time saying we may have gotten a diamond in the rough and that I hope I'm wrong is vitriolic? Pessimistic perhaps ... downright optimistic though compared to some of the comments I've seen ...

Though this is hardly his first move. He already fired Cann, hired Califf, Braun, Peralta, etc.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Nor his first interview. This is his first big move.

If you have a problem with others posts report it. Your comparisons to their anonymous posts don't amount to anything.

Thanks

Back to Mariner...
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 01-08-2013 at 04:03 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love that 3 people voted "0" today. It shows why every poll needs a closing date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want credit for winning this poll fairly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I want credit for winning this poll fairly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose we could get lucky, and have found a diamond in the rough ... but I'm not sure how anyone can possibly think that this is a step forward, rather than at best a step sideways. I hope I'm wrong, and as I'll do with any new coach, I'll certainly support them far longer than most of those running from the sinking ship

But I'm perplexed why you'd drop someone who is so new at this he is still crapping orange in the key role, in a market like this where the media is going to pressuring him from day one.
    In the past six years, we have had a bureaucratic fool, without much soccer knowledge, blundering along, structuring and making hires, creating a giant, disorganized clusterfuck mess. You now have an experienced soccer professional as president with a long track record, sprinkled with many successes. Good people hire good people. Good people attract good people. It is the organization that Payne builds, and the mindset he instills that will produce results - he needs to build an organization that can work together and pull in the same direction. Short pants, monkey dance was clearly not a team player - he threw his players under the bus so often, you wonder how the laundry guy manage to get the tire tracks off the jerseys in time for the next game. A "trophy coach" is hardly the answer at this point. To call Payne's "new" organization a set of fools or a sinking ship is just plain wrong and unfair at this point. It is way, way too early to be moaning - he saw right through Mariner in a heartbeat and dumped his ass faster than you can say Geovanny Caicedo - now that is progress!! Once he promotes Cochrane to be assistant to the VP in charge of Scandinavian Scouting we will be well on our way...

We may have to put up with another crap season in 2013 before we completely turn the corner, but there is no way we will be watching a circus while eating the shit sandwich that Anselmi has forced us to eat for the last few years... you can take that to the bank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tiberius View Post
    We may have to put up with another crap season in 2013 before we completely turn the corner, but there is no way we will be watching a circus while eating the shit sandwich that Anselmi has forced us to eat for the last few years... you can take that to the bank.
    Maybe we have. But can we really trust the opinion of someone who instead of attacking Mariner on the facts, merely turns to attacking his clothing and calling him names? Surely such schoolyard-level complaints are not necessary and don't further the debate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a broken image, but I'll assume it was awesome.