Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default If Payne comes, will De Ro follow?

I wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh no, another DeRo thread! I wouldn't be surprised if all Canadian and former TFC players on DC united come back if Payne hires a GM from DC United front office (new ownership bringing their own people means a lot of DC United FO might be let go).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I am being a bit cheeky, but the question seriously came to mind, when I turned my mind as to what Payne may do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope TFC adopts the DC United red kit, minus the logo ofcourse, as its own. That one is stunning, one of the best in the world. Either that or Bayern Munich's current red kit.

Last edited by Macksam; 11-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for my next two stick idea.

BRING BACK DERO !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it, he's treated well, paid well there...........AND wasn't Sh&t on like he was here........frankly we blew it.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not a fan of red, but that is a sharp looking kit. Black away kits??? That I would like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully not. He can go sign his imaginary pay stubs elsewhere

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spoke with someone close to Payne.

He knows Cochrane and Rongen very well - I doubt there will be a restructuring.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I for one would love to see DeRo back... There is a bad taste in my mouth from everything that went down. He should have retired his number here... We as fans need to forgive and forget and look at ourselves and admit when we did wrong.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather have Jakovic.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I'd rather have Jakovic.
    overrated. just because he's got ok passing ability compared to most MLS CBs...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    I for one would love to see DeRo back... There is a bad taste in my mouth from everything that went down. He should have retired his number here... We as fans need to forgive and forget and look at ourselves and admit when we did wrong.
    Amen.
    When players remembered to come to the corner...... Especially when it mattered most.
    You are right Flush he should have retired here.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 11-27-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't sign for Payne, he signed for the team that Payne was president of. To get him, their new president/GM would have to trade him to us, and since the coaching staff will likely remain the same, there's no reason why they would do that. We'd have to give up what few assets we have, and TBH, at his age he's not the #1 asset we should be trying to get.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will always maintain that the day we traded him was the day Toronto FC starting it's downward spiral. It would be awesome to get him back, and with Anselmi out of the picture, I do believe it could happen.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just my opinion, but I don't think DeRo would ever come back seeing as several of the individuals who were largely involved with his dissatisfaction/departure are still with the club in some capacity. If Anselmi (and yes, I know he's largely hopefully going to be hands off now, but he's still around) and Cochrane weren't here, maybe it would be possible, but otherwise, I don't see it happening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would agree that DeRosario would find it hard to come here with Cochrane and Mariner in management. There's just no incentive, unless its for good money. Then again TFC would likely sit idle if the opportunity came about in order to save face even if he were to go to a Canadian team and TFC had to face him and his team in the Canadian Championship.

As an aside:

Has anyone heard of this guy named "Cleo", half Serbian and Brazillian? Supposedly, a falling out with his team in Gangzhaou Evergrande has him seeking a transfer. Anyone watch him play at Partizan or Red Star prior to joining his Chinese team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cl%C3%A9o
    Last edited by [NBF]; 11-28-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    I will always maintain that the day we traded him was the day Toronto FC starting it's downward spiral.
    It started a long, long time before that.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

^Heard of him, yeah, I seem to recall him having a not too shabby goalscoring record with Partizan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by [NBF] View Post
    I would agree that DeRosario would find it hard to come here with Cochrane and Mariner in management. There's just no incentive, unless its for good money. Then again TFC would likely sit idle if the opportunity came about in order to save face even if he were to go to a Canadian team and TFC had to face him and his team in the Canadian Championship.

As an aside:

Has anyone heard of this guy named "Cleo", half Serbian and Brazillian? Supposedly, a falling out with his team in Gangzhaou Evergrande has him seeking a transfer. Anyone watch him play at Partizan or Red Star prior to joining his Chinese team?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cléo
    I have seen him play, but it is hard to figure out how he would do in this league. He is good. I am not sure that he would come here though.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? I didn't do anything wrong, so don't have anything to admit. And I don't know about you, but I would certainly call into question the re-signing of an over-the-hill egomaniac who values himself far above the rest of the team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will DeRo happy with not being the highest paid player on the team? lol
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We don't have the money for him. With 3 DP's, I don't see how we can fit another 400k salary under the cap. And that's only IF he'd take less than DP salary.

But would be great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man, I would love to see him back. Getting rid of him goes down as one of the dumbest decisions made by the club ... and that's a big statement to make considering all of the poor decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo will go to the highest bidder. Money before anything else.

Also, he's on the downward part of his career. Wouldn't take him for the money he's going to want.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo will return. Then TFC will make Dunfield a DP and pay him 10 billion. DeRo will then type imaginary Paypal password after scoring great goal and will leave club. Dunfield will continue to get 10 billion, even though he's now the company tea lady.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An MLS legend who wasn't appreciated by fans and ownership? The only good player we've ever really had, and fans turned on him? Ya, i see him coming back.

Hopefully Roogsy comes back too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    What? I didn't do anything wrong, so don't have anything to admit. And I don't know about you, but I would certainly call into question the re-signing of an over-the-hill egomaniac who values himself far above the rest of the team.
    The Championship teams he was on might have something to say about that. But don't let your preconceived misconceptions about someone you've never met or talked to get in the way of logic.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    The Championship teams he was on might have something to say about that. But don't let your preconceived misconceptions about someone you've never met or talked to get in the way of logic.
    I've spoken personally with him on several occasions. But don't let your assumptions get in the way of ignoring the issue: he's old, as his lengthy injury highlights, and despite his excellent contributions in the past, signing him would be a bad idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    I've spoken personally with him on several occasions. But don't let your assumptions get in the way of ignoring the issue: he's old, as his lengthy injury highlights, and despite his excellent contributions in the past, signing him would be a bad idea.
    I agree with everything you say ... and I probably still wouldn't turn him down. Guy is a winner, carries teams to wins. Any time you can get one of those -- and we have one in Koevermans -- you take him.

Tough call though (although not really up to us; I think he'll retire in D.C. He's got a great house there, his kids are settled.)